Status
Not open for further replies.

kongping

Aug 14, 2006
Hello all

EF 20-35mm 1:3.5-4.5
EF 75-300mm 1:4-5.6
EF 35-80mm 1:4-5.6

Got a friend's Dad who no longer uses Canon and doesn't mind letting go of the above to me for a token amount.

Tried looking for some basic information (i.e. reviews) but seems that these lenses were produced in the 90s and have since been discontinued. Apparently there are USM and non USM versions, and Mk I, II and III differences, but that's all the information I have on the lenses.

Any lens worth getting?

Currently own 18-55, 50 and 70-200mm lenses.

kongping said:
Hello all

EF 75-300mm 1:4-5.6

Got a friend's Dad who no longer uses Canon and doesn't mind letting go of the above to me for a token amount.

Tried looking for some basic information (i.e. reviews) but seems that these lenses were produced in the 90s and have since been discontinued. Apparently there are USM and non USM versions, and Mk I, II and III differences, but that's all the information I have on the lenses.

Any lens worth getting?

Currently own 18-55, 50 and 70-200mm lenses.

Depending on what is your token amount... $10, $50, $100??
Pardon me for saying but non of the range + speed fancy me. But I'll get it if it's free / at low prices and if I do not have the focal range covered.

Actually those are my sentiments too... the speed and focal length don't really appeal to me.

Just thought there might be some useful stuff, like the kit lens for example... cheap, light, dun mind getting it banged up and pretty good (to me) once stopped down in fine weather.

Not sure how much he's willing to part with his stuff... below $100 I guess.

i bought for $350 in B&S, very good lens for ff / film. for 1.6xcrop, not wide enough but still usable.

came as kit lens when i bought eos88. also very good rang in ff / film. but dont expect sharp photo. back than i wasnt concern with sharpness, can take photo ok liao. on 1.6x crop, 50-135mm, odd range i feel.

Offer him $50 for all three, then release in B&S. If nobody wants them, i'd take them off your hands for $50. :)

They are good for times when you need a 'disposable', like trekking, camping, shooting water-gun fights, going into high-crime places, etc.

Well, the lenses are practically worthless to him, plus not sure of the condition either. Anyway lenses are best mounted on cameras than in a dry cabinet.

Hopefully can get all below $100, or better yet, free... hahaha... counting the chicks before they've hatched.

Will keep you guys posted if i manage to get the lenses.

kongping said:
Well, the lenses are practically worthless to him, plus not sure of the condition either. Anyway lenses are best mounted on cameras than in a dry cabinet.

Hopefully can get all below $100, or better yet, free... hahaha... counting the chicks before they've hatched.

Will keep you guys posted if i manage to get the lenses.

good luck to you.. hope that your friend is not watching this thread:bsmilie: actually 20-35 mm is a good lens..

akdwivedi said:
good luck to you.. hope that your friend is not watching this thread:bsmilie: actually 20-35 mm is a good lens..

Second the 20-35mm, pretty decent lens during film days..... The rest of the lenses not so much of great interest.

They are better off as paperweights... forget these old lenses, chances are that you will never use them, even if you managed to get them cheap. I am saying this becos I have some old canon lenses from my film days and I doubt I will do any shooting with them, esp when I already have more current models in my arsenal.

Wot rubbish. 20-35 USM is a v.good lens by any standard. 35-80 is cheap kit lens.

I do own one. Check below.

Cheap and lightwight will the "Zoom" you want.
Yay, might be selling it away to get my first L midrange zoom soon.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.