okay so i bought spyder calibration, whats next?

fozosix

Nov 2, 2009
i realise that it creates monitor profile, so am I supposed to go photoshop and choose this profile?

and for lightroom, am I supposed to export the photos with this profile instead of the sRGB? any pros please enlighten me

upon calibration with Spyder you will get a monitor profile which you need to apply in order to get calibrated result on your monitor. Spyder itself should ask if you want to use the new monitor profile.

for post processing work I usually stick to sRGB workspace; your workspace color profile and your monitor profile are different things.

upon calibration with Spyder you will get a monitor profile which you need to apply in order to get calibrated result on your monitor. Spyder itself should ask if you want to use the new monitor profile.

for post processing work I usually stick to sRGB workspace; your workspace color profile and your monitor profile are different things.

I believe it will be advisable to work with the display profile too. Meaning TS should convert the incoming profile into the display ICC profile. Not doing so, means TS will need to often soft proof the image to know how it should be looking right on the display. Also the display ICC profile could be at some gamut be larger than sRGB, should TS be using a high quality display.

Once your work is in your display ICC Profile, it will means when you deliver it to another person whose system is calibrated, the target system will understand what is the input colourspace and hence can convert as accordingly to the target's system colourspace properly.

For display working colourspace, it makes no sense to work on gamut that is outside the display gamut unless you are very certain how the final product should looks like using a colour chart from pantone for example. But such cases are normally for printing purposes. Because working with tone images will be hard to match with such colour standard, hence your calibrated display colourspace is your best bet.

Last edited: