[Official thread] Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO

there is a white marker on the collar. rotate it and align to it the white dot. it will slide out.

Couple of pics I took with the lens 2 weeks ago. All with 1.4 TC combo.

16252004971_987f1edd84_b.jpg

16068006667_61db6ae63e_b.jpg

16067709939_a5f134d72d_b.jpg

Yea got it out now. Didn't realise needs to be 180°. This is a serious glass. Extemely satisfied with the quality

Tested out the lens. Nice bokeh. Oly has made a killer lens. But its big though for a m43 lens. Will miss the compactness of the Panny 35-100...

Tom Im trying with the 1.4 TC. Hopefully have something nice to share.

Tested out the lens. Nice bokeh. Oly has made a killer lens. But its big though for a m43 lens. Will miss the compactness of the Panny 35-100...

https://flic.kr/p/pPvYPR

Its a dilemma for me. Should I give up pany or should I wait for 300mm prime?

The panny and 300 prime are both different focal length. The former is definitely more versatile

Last edited:
If u like the compact lens from pany 35-100, then u won't even want a 300 prime.

Has anyone compared this lens with the 4/3 lens 50-200mm 2.8/3.5?

Letting go of my pre order at cost price. Really a top notch product with first class optics but got to let go as I am reconsidering my setup. Do check out the B&S if interested.

If wana sell just do it in BnS , no need to really mention here as here's a discussion thread focusing on the usage of the O40-150/2.8 Pro

What are you mainly shooting?

Events, landscape, street.

On second thought I don't need it. If really have to zoom in, I will just activate 2x telconverter on the 35-100. 40-150 will be very versatile though.

Events, landscape, street.

On second thought I don't need it. If really have to zoom in, I will just activate 2x telconverter on the 35-100. 40-150 will be very versatile though.
U can always crop it in post processing.

Shall we discuss the 300mm on a separate thread?

Anyway I just collected mine and plan to visit the Zoo on Wed morning to take it for a spin. Anyone else keen to tag along, I can bring in a few guests.

Gotten mine too from 2nd pre-order. See the handheld shot of crimson sunbird with the lens + TC to give outstanding details if you get the right setting. I also have the Four-third legacy tunas 300mm F2.8 and 150mm F2.0 to compare and I can vouch that micro-contrast and resolving power of this lens even with TC is superior than those 2 SHG lenses on EM-1. Enjoy for those who own the lens now, and for the rest, time to pull the plug with no regret!

$P1111807olyps.jpg

Hmm... when is the 3rd batch pre-order starting?

There won't be a 3rd preorder batch :/
Have to wait for retail stocks to arrive in shops for those who wish to buy after the pre-orders