[Official thread] Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f2.8 PRO

Buay sai, I'm a poor student (diploma pvt) hahaha! Plus I've only got E-P1, not a good camera to handle with the 40-150, I shall stick to my Nikon until the day Olympus has an ergonomic grip camera, till then, the Zuiko lenses have a special place in my heart hahaha

Buay sai, I'm a poor student (diploma pvt) hahaha!

Hmmm ... you're a student ... you mean a rich student ? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Let's set things right for all ;)

It's more expensive to buy in Malaysia as its SGD$1938 for the lens alone and SGD2209 with TC and you do not get any warranty if you are buying to use in Singapore.

SG pre-order it's $1988 for lens with TC. And you get the warranty and an option to purchase extended warranty for another 2 years if you wish to. U also get the choice to purchase a 72mm XS-Pro nano at $70.

If we compare absolute lowest prices , I'll pay very happily an extra $50 for the TC and warranty coverage.

Totally agree and we still get a S$240 voucher in SG.

No brainer not to buy in Malaysia, especially (1) when the cost of travel is factored in, (2) not knowing the retailer (assuming one in JB is nominated) where the lens is to be collected (had some experience with one in Angsana Plaza)and (3) having to "disguise" the lens so as not to have to pay GST.

Life is too short for unnecessary stress.

seems like cant preorder liao

Very tempting deal..

So far any review of this lens vs other the Pro lens of C or N ?

Very tempting deal.. So far any review of this lens vs other the Pro lens of C or N ?

IQ as good as or even better than the benchmark of the FT 150/2 lens and weight wise against the other Pro lenses - no need to fight.

Construction is solid and most of all weather resistant too.

seems like cant preorder liao

Must be sold out already since the other things like the filter can still be ordered. Maybe the pre-order will resume if they managed to dig up more stock of the lens like a couple of days ago the filter also cannot be selected for inclusion in the pre-order but now can.

No more PO liao. out of stock :bsmilie: u can leave ur name and contact with Olympus SG (1800-6596-787) and they will update u when its available again.

ya , expected the 40-150/2.8 to run out of stocks today.

ya , expected the 40-150/2.8 to run out of stocks today.
So those who successfully pre-ordered can sell theirs off at huge profits like with iPhone 6 and 6+ ;)

Heng ah heng, they managed to up the installment payment before run out of stock.:bsmilie:

So those who successfully pre-ordered can sell theirs off at huge profits like with iPhone 6 and 6+ ;)

Lol , I bought to use.
Pre-orders will start again if Olympus SG can secure more stocks.

lucky I clicked the button at 10.27pm last night. Was still thinking whether I should get it or not... lol

Pre-order is suspended till they get more indication if there's more stocks coming in, first batch all spoken for.

Can call up the 1800 hotline to be put on the waiting list and they'll call if/when there's new stock.

Sian, had issues with my credit card balance and couldn't order in time. Hope the offer price is still valid.

Didn't expect demand to be so high that first shipment's all booked within 48 hours even though I have tried the 40-150/2.8 and at this pre-order price it's really a chance not to be missed.

Next shipment will be Jan probably if Oly can secure stocks. :)

Very tempting deal..

So far any review of this lens vs other the Pro lens of C or N ?

Basically, no fight imo, I've been using Nikon for a few years, prior, I've been using Olympus, Olympus was always sharp, but since moving to Nikon and shooting with the "holy trinity" I have never found one photo to be very very sharp, but the first time I saw the 40-150's output, I was already extremely impressed.

Now that we know the price, preorder is about 2k,you get trusted weather sealing, comparable if not better image quality same brightness, lighter and smaller than my 70-200, 80-300 equivalent, I would buy it now if not for the fact that I'm not using any recent m43 camera and it doesn't suit my work flow anymore so I can't justify buying one, but if the m43 suits you, this is a great lens to have

Didn't expect demand to be so high that first shipment's all booked within 48 hours even though I have tried the 40-150/2.8 and at this pre-order price it's really a chance not to be missed.

Next shipment will be Jan probably if Oly can secure stocks. :)

Damn siaz ... really not fated to get this ... tried the last 2 night but seemed like everytime I tried the website got problem ... now sold out liao ... what lar ...