Official D3100 User Thread

Normal Hoya 52mm filter should be enough unless u really wanna invest in a B+W 52mm filter.

i actually only wan to protect my lens. so this filter is enough? And how much is it

Kenko 52mm $10 at mass sales forum is enough..

Hi everyone!! I juz got myself d3100! It was really amazing to meddle ard with the new toy but I still need to learn more though. Further, I'm looking for lens protector n dry cabinet. Please share the best deals for these items n suitable for entry level like me. Appreciate yr inputs n looking forward hearing frm u!

Hi everyone!! I juz got myself d3100! It was really amazing to meddle ard with the new toy but I still need to learn more though. Further, I'm looking for lens protector n dry cabinet. Please share the best deals for these items n suitable for entry level like me. Appreciate yr inputs n looking forward hearing frm u!

dry box challenger Funan around 20sg for the meantime once you get more lenses you can get dry cabinet

filter....

http://ddelectronics.com.sg/products/Hoya-52mm-UV-Neutral-Filter-HMC-Filter.html#

you can find cheaper generic ones but this is best value for money

At last, a PROUD owner of D3100 :D
Please wait, let me fully charge my battery... ;)

Hope to appreciate your photos soon : )

confuZED said:
At last, a PROUD owner of D3100 :D
Please wait, let me fully charge my battery... ;)

Haha finally u decided!

Hi how abt LCD protector? Ware do I get to purchase? Do I need to bring along dslr for them to fix the LCD protector or DIY?

u didnt buy and apply right away?? nest is ask them help u fix unless u r a pro

Sooo difficult to take photo with 50mm as the camera body does not support auto focus (especially if the subject is my ever moving 3 year old girl). If I take 40 photos, 38 will be out of focus, 2 will be totally blurrrr :) However, wonderful bokeh effect if I can pull it off. Still practising.

Sooo difficult to take photo with 50mm as the camera body does not support auto focus (especially if the subject is my ever moving 3 year old girl). If I take 40 photos, 38 will be out of focus, 2 will be totally blurrrr :) However, wonderful bokeh effect if I can pull it off. Still practising.

get the AFS 50mm 1.4

The D3100 is giving me so much fun and peace of mind (its cheap).

This one with D70 18-75 kit lens.
_DSC2986.jpg

This one is taken with Nikon 28-300mm VR.
_DSC3375.jpg

The cat photo looks very nice

The cat photo looks very nice

Thanks. I don't see a lot of pictures posted lately. Just questions on accessorizing the D3100 or where to get the most freebies. The time the camera is used most is when it is newly purchased and one is inspired to takes lots of pictures, then it dwindled down when new models arrive at the scene. Which is why rarely used D40 are still available used. My D3100 was bought in October last year and it got only 3K shots so far, a slow rate if it is to justify its keep. Lets encourage each other to post more photos to show the camera capabilities. You don't have to do salon style photos of yesteryears where fetish on sharpness, bokeh and composition are valued above everything else and subject matter are typically wrinkled old man smoking a pipe, nursing mum or scenes filled with artificial smoke from the fogging machine. Before you know it, another decade has gone and you (and the world) has nothing to remember by pictures wise. So go out and take more street photos with the trusty kit lens.

Picture of Coast Guard Police Station at Pulau Ubin. D3100 with an old kit lens.
police%20coast%20guard%20station.jpg

hi guys, i have join the D3100 xD.. got it at $836

Wanted to get a D7000 but now overseas and the prices are crazy ... So saw the D3100 ... understand D7000 vs D3100 cannot compare ... but wait till u hear the price

D3100 + KIT 18-55mm + Tripod + 8GB class 6 + Nikon Bag + Kenko UV 52mm + Spare battery + cleaning kit + LCD protector + 3 years extended international warranty + Original MADE IN JAPAN (not China/Thailand or wherever)

All the above US$ 578 (SG$740)

Mai tu liaoz ... bought!!! :D less than 1.5 hrs ago xD