Official Cruise Photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidbyte

Hi folks, I've been asked to go on a 3 Days 2 Nights cruise, over the weekend, food and accomodation all paid for. THey want me to shoot life/events on the cruise. So how much should i ask for?
tit.gif
First time shooting on a cruise so would like some feedback from you CSers. Constructive comments are appreciated.
juzj.gif

Hi folks, I've been asked to go on a 3 Days 2 Nights cruise, over the weekend, food and accomodation all paid for. THey want me to shoot life/events on the cruise. So how much should i ask for?
tit.gif
First time shooting on a cruise so would like some feedback from you CSers. Constructive comments are appreciated.
juzj.gif

prepare to shoot non stop... dunno which cruise u go, but i see them when u embark, debark, sure take pics, then inside any event also take pics so as to sell them for money.

if youre talking about starcruise's virgo weekend cruise to nowhere, they already have their own staff to handle the souvenir photos. therefore, you should first clarify if they want event photography or if they're hiring you for commercial photography whereby they'll be using your photos for advertising purposes and you have reason to charge them a whole lot more. also, do not take food and lodging into consideration as its peanuts to them

wah ! lucky you!! ;p

it is better for you to ask them what kind of pictures you need to shoot. and write out a formal agreement just in case of misunderstanding.

Other option is to get a copy of the schedule and see what you can deliver and how you can deliver.

Then charge accordingly.

if possible, try to get the program list. most clients will not give out the detail program list until they confirm wanna engage the photog, but i think this is not applicable to u.

have a rough idea how long the life/event will last, how many sessions per day, etc.
this will translate into number of hours.

u might wanna take precautions of motion sickness.

Most photographers have a per hour rate, a half day rate and a full day rate.

for 3D2N i think it's fair to find out if the 3D entails 3 full days of shooting, and what about the nights?

you can always charge your day rates, and a daily loading fee for being outstationed, be it on a boat, or in a French Cathedral shooting a wedding. ;p

no need to sleep? young boy,think before you type.
hey, on a relax note la... huai so serious... izzn't it observse that i was just joking and upzz the thread?... people young and old can joke too. of coz i do know that there are photog who charge by day of service, anyway, TS time on board the ship is the part of his work...

AB: you need to find out the

i) Number of hours necessary per day
ii) Deliverables - prints, CDs/DVDs
iii) Time frame for handing over the deliverables.

Thereafter, gauge in the cost for the deliverables (prints and media *do* cost $).

Status
Not open for further replies.