OFFICIAL CANON EOS100D Discussion

How often will you be using the flash? I know it looks weird having something too big over the camera, but since I've a 600EX, I'll probably use it w the 100D. However, if you currently do not own any, how abt the 430EX? So that in case you upgrade to a newer (bigger) body, it still works reasonably well.

Not saying the smaller flashes aren't good, ur I'm referring to the "light coverage".

I dun mind buying a third party flash like nissin or yongnuo.

I am actually looking for 1 which you can tilt. Even if it is manual, it is fine with me.

There a smaller flash from sunpak, forgot the model. It almost same size as canon 270ex2. Able to tilt 90degree up.
Price cheaper but the recycle time slower.

There a smaller flash from sunpak, forgot the model. It almost same size as canon 270ex2. Able to tilt 90degree up.
Price cheaper but the recycle time slower.

bro mind sharing where to get this? =)

TheLoneRanger said:
bro mind sharing where to get this? =)

I got mine from Alan photo in funan. Think $100+ sometime in end Nov 2011. Think it SunPak R2000. It also has a build in flip wide angle panel cover which the canon 270ex2 dun.
But had sold it as dun really like the slower charging time and the buzzing sound from it.

Last edited:
I dun mind buying a third party flash like nissin or yongnuo.

I am actually looking for 1 which you can tilt. Even if it is manual, it is fine with me.

I have a yongnuo 565EX for my 7D. Excellent flash... I got it at 2xx from artworkfoto one or two years ago (can't remember the exact time) and had been using it since, cheaper than my 430EXII, more powerful and as stable and fast... really no complains at all.

The only thing is... it do not have high speed sync. Anyway... Yongnuo had released a better version with high speed sync (you could check with artworkfoto) and it also going off at 2xx (I think), value for money.

Tk foto selling some yongnuo flash too. There also a someone selling in mass sale.

I have been using the 100D for a while. I noticed that the noise above ISO1600 is quite obvious. Could any user confirms that or it is just me?

If any one is interested how the 100D looks like mounted to a 500mm.

Moon Gazer by J-Chan, on Flickr

If any one is interested how the 100D looks like mounted to a 500mm.

Look like a large lens cap (that happen to contain a sensor in it for taking pic) to the 500mm.

I have been using the 100D for a while. I noticed that the noise above ISO1600 is quite obvious. Could any user confirms that or it is just me?

'Obvious' is subjective. That said, the 100D is using a tried and tested (e.g. a bit aged) 18MP sensor. So the ISO performance should be on par with the other APS-C bodies such as the 7D, 6/7XXD.

The noise is normal and should clean up well in Lightroom 4.

My pictures "clear" up after post processing on Lightroom! Nothing too damaging. Furthermore if you're using too high ISOs, it's quite inevitable.

My pictures "clear" up after post processing on Lightroom! Nothing too damaging. Furthermore if you're using too high ISOs, it's quite inevitable.

May I know what sort of value is considered as high ISO?

May I know what sort of value is considered as high ISO?

High ISO is dependent on the camera. For instance, an older camera like the Canon 40D would likely have its ISO defined as 'high' beginning at ISO 1600 or 3200. Whereas a camera like the Canon 5D3 could easily slip into the range of ISO 12600 to 25200 to be defined as high.

For the Canon 100D, high ISO is likely begins in the ISO 3200 to 6400 range. Any values above that would definitely be considered 'high'.

Managed to get myself a 100D for a couple of days testing, n reviewed the entire thing on my blog. I liked most of what I got from it, especially considering the price/size. If you're interested in more about it, check out my full review - but yeah, I was pretty pleased with it overall

Thanks for the review. It's a much better alternative for me than the EOS-M as a back up camera for traveling. No need adaptor, snappy AF n built in OVF. Size wise it is small for a DSLR, similar to the Panasonic GH2.

Thanks for the review. It's a much better alternative for me than the EOS-M as a back up camera for traveling. No need adaptor, snappy AF n built in OVF. Size wise it is small for a DSLR, similar to the Panasonic GH2.

Advantage of the EOS M is that it can actually fit in my pocket. The best camera is the camera you carry with you.

Compact Camera Meter

yup, it's sort of like Canon's second attempt at a mirrorless system, I thought. Coz even though its a bit larger than the EOS M or the NEX bodies, it's still pretty compact...and like you say, snappy AF and built-in OVF. Very interesting camera, this