OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 6D - User Thread - Part 3

Hi Guys,

Anyone using his/her Canon 6D with the Eg-S focusing screen and manual lenses such as the Zeiss Distagons?
I would be interested to know your experience? How easy or difficult is it to shoot wide open at f/2 manually. How does the body balance with the Zeiss 35 mm f2?

thanks
akkers

Hi all... pardon me but to ask following question which sounds like spoon feeding but i tried to do a search.. didn't really get an answer..

does 6D comes in different setting such as .....
some with inbuilt gps n wifi....?
some with inbuilt gps but no wifi....?

i saw some sellers selling it n there's 1 who previously mentioned that his doesn't come with wifi..

looking for a lighter set up instead of jumping ship hence wanna enquire proper info on 6D..

pls advise:)

http://www.canonwatch.com/canon-eos-6d-with-and-without-gps-and-wifi/

"It looks like there are two models of the Canon EOS 6D, one with WiFi and GPS, and one without. According to German site blog.isarfoto Canon is shipping two different models of the EOS 6D.

The text in the picture above says: «the EOS 6D (N) does not have WiFi and GPS functionality»"

http://www.canonwatch.com/canon-eos-6d-with-and-without-gps-and-wifi/

"It looks like there are two models of the Canon EOS 6D, one with WiFi and GPS, and one without. According to German site blog.isarfoto Canon is shipping two different models of the EOS 6D.

The text in the picture above says: «the EOS 6D (N) does not have WiFi and GPS functionality»"

Thanks buddy!!
I assume the box will indicate whether is it a 6D (WG) or 6D (N) right?
pardon me coz i don't intend to get brand new... lookin at 2nd hand set hence need to confirm this part...

Thanks buddy!! I assume the box will indicate whether is it a 6D (WG) or 6D (N) right? pardon me coz i don't intend to get brand new... lookin at 2nd hand set hence need to confirm this part...

The box will indicate if it has wifi functionality or not. When getting a second hand one, you can test the wifi signal by connecting it to your smartphone. See whether you can trigger the camera using your canon eos utility app. That'll be a sure fire way to test.

The box will indicate if it has wifi functionality or not. When getting a second hand one, you can test the wifi signal by connecting it to your smartphone. See whether you can trigger the camera using your canon eos utility app. That'll be a sure fire way to test.

IC... Thanks ricleo and NormanSelvaraju!!!

Hi Guys,

Anyone using his/her Canon 6D with the Eg-S focusing screen and manual lenses such as the Zeiss Distagons?
I would be interested to know your experience? How easy or difficult is it to shoot wide open at f/2 manually. How does the body balance with the Zeiss 35 mm f2?

thanks
akkers

I don't use Distagons, but I do use Nikkor-O 35mm f/2 with focus confirmation chip on my 6D. Default focusing screen.

For 35mm f/2 lenses, depending on your subject distance, I guess there's enough DOF for a good focus.

I don't use Distagons, but I do use Nikkor-O 35mm f/2 with focus confirmation chip on my 6D. Default focusing screen.

For 35mm f/2 lenses, depending on your subject distance, I guess there's enough DOF for a good focus.

Thanks!

Any good third party grip to recommend? Where to buy n price.

Thanks

Anyone got a price indication? Body Only, Body + 24-70 F4L kit?

Youd prob get a faster and more accurate answer by giving the usual shops a ring. I recommend calling MS color, TK and Cathay. Most of them open at 11am. :)

yeah, was trying to decide betweem used/grey/new local

slr revo:
6D body only - 2113
6D 24-70 F4L - 3019

tkfoto
6D only - 2110
6D 24-70 F4L - 3018
with 200 shopping voucher, so effectively 2800?

i think grey ~ 26xx for kit 2

oh theres shopping voucers again? the last time i asked them about the shopping voucers, they say its only for NTUC purchases

Just got mine! With 24-70 F4L. Really glad I opted for this all rounder lens, didn't want to pay or bring extra for a dedicated macro just for foodie shots.

What kind of iso do u guys push up to? My old body I'm only comfortable up to 800..and that's pushing it. Any tips? For using the 6D? Will probably be installing Magic Lantern, used to it on 550D. That body was quite basic, now gotta learn more of the other button uses and quick buttons etc

Just got mine! With 24-70 F4L. Really glad I opted for this all rounder lens, didn't want to pay or bring extra for a dedicated macro just for foodie shots.

What kind of iso do u guys push up to? My old body I'm only comfortable up to 800..and that's pushing it. Any tips? For using the 6D? Will probably be installing Magic Lantern, used to it on 550D. That body was quite basic, now gotta learn more of the other button uses and quick buttons etc
I am comfortable up to 1600. When you get the exposure spot on and you don't need to adjust during post processing, the noise level is really low (relatively). I confess I am a pixel peeper so I always check at 1:1 on screen during processing.

For normal image size for screen display and 4R printing, I have tried ISO3600 and found it to be acceptable. I am more bothered about the loss of details at high ISO than the noise.

Just got mine! With 24-70 F4L. Really glad I opted for this all rounder lens, didn't want to pay or bring extra for a dedicated macro just for foodie shots. What kind of iso do u guys push up to? My old body I'm only comfortable up to 800..and that's pushing it. Any tips? For using the 6D? Will probably be installing Magic Lantern, used to it on 550D. That body was quite basic, now gotta learn more of the other button uses and quick buttons etc

For online sharing and 4R printing even 12800 is acceptable (for me) - provided you got the exposure right.

shooting indoor up till 6400 still usable.

For a 6D if you dont want to push the ISO past 3,200 or even 6,400, like a bit wasted huh? Esp for such a good high ISO camera.