OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 6D - User Thread - Part 3

If yours is local set, can just bring to Canon service centre for servicing and cleaning without charges. Thats why we pay a bit more compared to grey set.

Or call them for quotation if not local set.

No, mine was not local set. Bought in Malaysia.

Since when Canon provides FOC sensor cleaning? Do not mislead others.

Thanks for clarification.

MY 6D+L35mm .

Last edited:
Brought my brand new 6D for sensor cleaning a few weeks back as well as focusing screen cleaning.

They didnt charge me leh. Not trying to mislead anybody here. No gains for doing that.

Maybe they didnt charge me for goodwill?

Since when Canon provides FOC sensor cleaning? Do not mislead others.

They normally charge for sensor cleaning n VF cleaning.

It could be goodwill then. Brought my 6D for servicing on 2nd day after buying it as found dust on focussing screen and sensor. They changed a new focussing screen for free and cleaned the sensor. FOC.

They normally charge for sensor cleaning n VF cleaning.

It could be goodwill then. Brought my 6D for servicing on 2nd day after buying it as found dust on focussing screen and sensor. They changed a new focussing screen for free and cleaned the sensor. FOC.

They should since a new set should not have dust and focusing screen problems like you described.

More bokeh for zoom factor but aperture wise? for same zoom length?

OT abit, from ur link u mentioned that u will get lesser bokeh with the 24-105 n 6d vs 60d n 17-55. Rest assured ur actually getting "more" bokeh.

Hi all,

I bought 6D from technogaget and found out that there are 2 dust on my sensor after testing long shutter speed photos. How much canon charge for Sensor cleaning? And Technogaget's warranty cover sensor dust problem?

Thanks

just blow the dust away?

I blew using the cleaning kit but the dust is still there. I can see 2 little spots from the View Finder. :(

Viewfinder and Sensor are 2 diff thing...

Viewfinder dust can be seen in the viewfinder but doesn't affect the image... It's the sensor dust that matters more as it will come out on the image.

For viewfinder dust, you can try your luck by looking at where the dust spot is (use LED light to locate the dust), the use blower to blow precisely on that spot.. Usually works..

I blew using the cleaning kit but the dust is still there. I can see 2 little spots from the View Finder. :(

Likely is some dust got into the focus screen, do not try to clean that on your own. I screw up mine but I can bear with it as long it does not affect the image.

viewfinder dust easy to clean for xxD and xD series... u will need to remove the focusing screen.....

Last edited:
pic look abit soft to me... may I know the settings?

too me not abit. see liao dizzy .
But when you click it and view it at the photobucket, it's slightly sharper...

Last edited:
Anybody where to get the best deal for Canon 6D body now? Please state the price and shop. Thank you very much.

call the shops .... list is available in price section...

The 6D must be v good IMHO..
Of all the bodies I had, this topic is the one with the least discussion (problems and issues).

Either that or not that many is using the 6D...

Brought my brand new 6D for sensor cleaning a few weeks back as well as focusing screen cleaning.

They didnt charge me leh. Not trying to mislead anybody here. No gains for doing that.

Maybe they didnt charge me for goodwill?

Sensor cleaning used to be FOC some years ago... now no longer. :(

The 6D must be v good IMHO..
Of all the bodies I had, this topic is the one with the least discussion (problems and issues).

Either that or not that many is using the 6D...

6D is ok. so far no issues. for mine, the SD card door is creaking a lot. but nothing that will give me sleepless night and anxiety attacks.