OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 6D - User Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

This article does not give the full picture. One needs to visit the original site with author's comments below. He later said:

"Ralph, I guess I was writing from the ‘is the 6D as good as the 5D III. The standard deviation the 5DIII and 1Dx were in the teens, which is exactly where live view or careful manual focusing is.
The 6D at 29 is actually almost exactly the same as the T4i, so it’s not as good as Live View. But it is better than the 5D II and other older cameras.
And, of course, with most of the lenses in the lineup the difference doesn’t show up, only the newer lenses are capable of the more accurate AF."

To reiterate the above point, look at the standard deviation of AF accuracy in different cameras:
1DsIII 29
5D II 38.5
50D 34
7D 41
1DIV 22
60D 34
T3i 41
1Dx 17
5D III 17
T4i 29
6D 29

The above can be grouped into (based on newly release 28 f/2.8 IS lens):
Tier 1: 1Dx, 5D3... 1D4 trailing slightly
Tier 2: 1Ds3, 6D, T4i/650D... 50D, 60D trailing slightly
Tier 3: 5D2, T3i/600D, 7D

Ok if you prefer in percent, drop by about 1.5%-2% :)
Lynn

That translates into ~ $50 saving.

Is this for 'body only' or does it also apply to lens kit?

Hi all

does anyone know whether we can do a remote wifi shoot from Android Phone?
or it's only iphone?

saw the ads today, want to try how good is the remote wifi controller :)

Hi,

Is now a good time to buy 6D now in term of price?
Would there be likely price drop for the next 6 months?

Sry my qns is almost like needing a fortune teller to answer. if takes more than 6 mths, i might as well buy it now because im going overseas next mth. if sooner than 6 mths, i can use my existing rebel for a while

Japan has just gone into another recession. Any price drop will be negated by higher Yen. No need fortune teller, just follow the news.

Hi lynn can you pm me the price for;

1) 6D Body only
2) 6D + 24-105
3) 5D MK3 Body only
4) 5D MK3 + 24-105

Thanks.

Any price drop will be negated by higher Yen.

I don't understand your statement. Price of an item is reduced by S$50. What has the strength of Yen got to do with consumers? Only Canon need worry about reduced profits. Consumers care only about how much they need to pay. Simple? :bsmilie:

DXOMark reviews and grades the 6D

The 1DX and 5D3 didn't do well also and I was hoping the new sensor in the 6D to be up there with its major competitor.

Canon have a practice which is they don't come out with a line of product where it's major components are superior to the higher line products. As such I don't expect Canon to come out with anything that has a better sensor performance than the 1DX, not even the rumored 7D2 I guess.

Hi lynn can you pm me the price for;

1) 6D Body only
2) 6D + 24-105
3) 5D MK3 Body only
4) 5D MK3 + 24-105
5) 6D + 24-70 F4

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.