OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 6D - User Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know about Eg-S, but I fully intend to replace the standard Eg-A with Eg-D focusing screen. Used it on 60D and love the fine grid lines for composition.

dont forget to try focus outer point left or right in low light. is it still fast ?

thx :)

I got mine with sigma 35mm f1.4 last week and did a cosplay shoot over the weekend. I'm sad to report that the outer AF hunts in low light, it's not a question of speed anymore.

btw guys, any of you tried changing the focusing screen yet? Feels like getting the Eg-S, but the specs for it said it will be pretty dim for f4 lens

Anyone can comment on the brightness between the normal and eg-s screens?

It's meant for bright lenses..if u use anything higher it all be dark n not easy to see n manually focus...it's good for macro lens...there no point in getting it unless u have bright lenses..if but u can get the one with grid lines..

I got mine with sigma 35mm f1.4 last week and did a cosplay shoot over the weekend. I'm sad to report that the outer AF hunts in low light, it's not a question of speed anymore.

That makes it back to 5D2 problem :dunno:

Which af mode u using? Single point?

Last edited:
Don't u agree alot of times it's us who is controlling our mind? lol if I can offload my gear who knows i might just plunge for the 6D :p

It is always US.. men are the root of all problem....

Have you tried it with a Canon lens? I wouldn't take the performance with a Sigma lens too seriously.

Have you tried it with a Canon lens? I wouldn't take the performance with a Sigma lens too seriously.

What lens should i try with tomorrow for a studio shoot? I can use any lens i want

Lynn

What lens should i try with tomorrow for a studio shoot? I can use any lens i want

Lynn

24-70f2.8..135mm 70-200..=)..u can also use the 50mm l..why not those expensive lens from zeiss or something

Last edited:

I think canon sure sabotage third party lens focus speed.... that's y I buy canon only.

Lynn

The newer 40mm f/2.8, 24mm f/2.8 IS, 28mm f/2.8 IS, 70-300mm L IS and 300mm f/2.8 IS II seem to work most accurately in PDAF. No need to try any reverse engineered lens like Sigma or Tamron.

The newer 40mm f/2.8, 24mm f/2.8 IS, 28mm f/2.8 IS, 70-300mm L IS and 300mm f/2.8 IS II seem to work most accurately in PDAF. No need to try any reverse engineered lens like Sigma or Tamron.

Bro Ageha, studio shoot leh.. 70-300???

avsquare said:
That makes it back to 5D2 problem :dunno:

It is Not design for that. Not cross type.

Status
Not open for further replies.