Official Canon EOS 60D User Thread Part I

All original or 3rd party?

comfirm already. he got 2 extra original batteries , 1 at the booth 1 at the groundfloor. A total of 3.
as for the original bg-e9 , he said that he purchased the 18-200mm and the bg-e9 is a free gift.
other extra gift includes " dry box worth $45 " and " "sundawn?" uv filter 72mm worth $10?"

can't wait for the september fair.

comfirm already. he got 2 extra original batteries , 1 at the booth 1 at the groundfloor. A total of 3.
as for the original bg-e9 , he said that he purchased the 18-200mm and the bg-e9 is a free gift.
other extra gift includes " dry box worth $45 " and " "sundawn?" uv filter 72mm worth $10?"

can't wait for the september fair.

Wow!! How much did he pay for that?

hi guys how do you get infinity focus on the 60d with a 50mm 1.4 lens? I turned the lens focus ring to the infinity sign but it still isn't infinity. Either the front is blurred or the back is blurred (when i play around with the ring). I need some filming shots (video) to have infinity focus and i have no idea how to do it on the 60d. is it even possible? thanks!

Pls read up on hyperfocus distance.. it should give u wat u want.the infinity marking only shows that the focus is at the far end n anywhere else will b blur

UWA lens is able to achieve wat u want easily due to their design. Others lens can do the same if u master the technique of using hyperfocus distance

Last edited:
godon said:
amazingly only 2199 !! ;):bigeyes:

Wow! Best quote I got for kit 3 was 1920. Paying $270 more for the original grip n 2 batts seems like a darn gd deal!!

Guys do you get noticeable noise when shooting from ISO400 onward at 100% crop especially ard darker areas? Is it normal? I using 18-55mm lens and shooting at full res RAW.

It's normal…anything above ISO400, you will get some noise if you do 100% crop :) But do you really do 100% crop all the time? I use ISO400 almost daily..and at times 1600 and sometime 3200…it's still useable…not perfect but better than not having photos at all.

Wow! Best quote I got for kit 3 was 1920. Paying $270 more for the original grip n 2 batts seems like a darn gd deal!!

yeah , tats why i always compare price with it fairs. people always state that "it fair" price is not worthy due to RRP.
but seriously the gifts are really awesome at times.

Hi new to this forum. Just like to ask you guys here

1. What is the latest price for 60D with kit 3.
2. Do you got problem with this lens when take out of bag without lock the lens (lens creep).
3. Do you find it to be heavy than to get 60D kit2.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys new 60D user here haven fully exploit it's potential.... Maybe can arrange a all 60d user outing? :X

Jus get a 60D body from Parisilk Holland V.

Hope to learn more from everyone here.

Got 60D on recent PC Show.

Good ! Looking for mid-range lens on Tamron brand. 28-75mm. Any aadvise on Tamron lens?

Hi, i'm a 2-yr user of 450D looking at upgrading to 60D.. At the same time looking at 24-105L..

Wan to ask users of this combo, with the boost in ISO and NR in 60D, at least from 450D, is shutter speed of say 1/200 possible in general indoor (eg at home) lighting with F4 without obvious noise?

TIA!

Hi, i'm a 2-yr user of 450D looking at upgrading to 60D.. At the same time looking at 24-105L..

Wan to ask users of this combo, with the boost in ISO and NR in 60D, at least from 450D, is shutter speed of say 1/200 possible in general indoor (eg at home) lighting with F4 without obvious noise?

TIA!

That will depend :) But the 60D is much better at ISO1600 as compared to the 450D, 100-200,400 ISO is identical…800 onwards and you will see the 60D improve over the 450D. I regularly shoot at ISO1600 indoors and sometimes even at ISO3200 although at ISO3200 you do need some NR software :) on it's own it does get noisy but still ok for general shooting. The 24-105 works well with the 60D, except at 24, it might not be idea for landscapes…you will still need another wider lens for that..

tazymania said:
Jus get a 60D body from Parisilk Holland V.

Hope to learn more from everyone here.

hi, when did u bought the 60d?i contacted them last week but they say no stock

Last edited:
Wan to ask users of this combo, with the boost in ISO and NR in 60D, at least from 450D, is shutter speed of say 1/200 possible in general indoor (eg at home) lighting with F4 without obvious noise? TIA!

I currently own both 450D and 60D. The 60D is really really nice to use. I use the 60D to shoot events in low light and because I do not need to print large for these photos, I regularly save only the smaller m-RAW files which are ~ 10 MP. Compared to the 12 MP 450D, the high ISO performance of the 60D is impressive. Whether image noise is obvious or not depends on lighting and exposure. :D

juzride said:

TIA!

I'm using 60D with17-40 f4l. :)

spinworkxroy said:
That will depend :) But the 60D is much better at ISO1600 as compared to the 450D, 100-200,400 ISO is identical…800 onwards and you will see the 60D improve over the 450D. I regularly shoot at ISO1600 indoors and sometimes even at ISO3200 although at ISO3200 you do need some NR software :) on it's own it does get noisy but still ok for general shooting. The 24-105 works well with the 60D, except at 24, it might not be idea for landscapes…you will still need another wider lens for that..

Thanks for all the replies!

So can I put an estimation of the noise of 60D @ISO6400 to b comparable to 450D @ISO1600? So an image taken with 450D theoretically shld be able to be taken with 60D with a 4 times faster shutter speed lor?

I'm not considering the 17-40L at this pt at I've already got a 17-50 2.8.. Of course with the understanding tat L lenses are of a different class altogether.. =) I'm more looking for more reach with a constant and relatively low F..