OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 5

thank you raydio..

i am also wondering if it is cheaper in hong kong...

has anyone bought camera from overseas?

I used to live in Hong Kong for a few years and it is one of the best places to buy camera equipment. As far as camera equipment is concerned, the only place that rivals Hong Kong, is New York.

The price difference between Singapore and Hong Kong however is not that much... only 10% or less... and in my opinion not worth the loss of warranty.

thanks raydio...

i am planning to check out the stores in spore this wk.
hopefully i get to have some great deals...

Yes it happens to me and my acquaintances for number of times. According to a friend working in Canon SG said it is due to discouraging public to buy parallel goods as these sources bypass Canon SG.

Canon will know the exact information of the gray item being sent in just by the screening the serial number.

I beg to differ.. All my lenses are bought in HK. After the international warranty ended (there used to be intl warr until recent years), Canon SG still service my lenses as per usual rate. My 50L's focusing ring was stiff, they even change some parts for me FOC..

thank you raydio..

i am also wondering if it is cheaper in hong kong...

has anyone bought camera from overseas?

U can go price.com.hk to check out HK prices.. It used to be quite a lot cheaper, but not anymore. Moreover Canon doesn't offer Intl warranty anymore, so it's not very worth it to get an overseas set.

Couple of years ago, It's usually about 20-30% cheaper in HK compared to SG. I can buy a new lens in HK, use for 1 year, intl warranty ends, sell away 2nd hand in SG for a small profit.

If we just want AF-Assist light only without mounting a big flash, we have to use St-e2 for 5dmk3?

Is there any event, fair, promotion coming up that I can get a good deal for 5DM3?

Any recommendation on where to get a good deal for 5DM3?

Thanks in advance!!!

Thought of just reviving the thread a bit :)

5DKIII with Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar 70-200mm - straight from cam no PP

10268696_10202742019645209_4948731818473647066_n.jpg

10277431_10202733466791393_3330688631188523003_n.jpg

Last edited:
Another lovely photo! I would love to attend one of these fashion shoots.

I'll be arriving for another holiday in Singapore in a couple of weeks. Do these fashion shows occur regularly? Where did this one happen?.... I'm guessing in the Ion Orchard - Ngee Ann City area. Is anyone from the public welcome? Is there a charge or FOC?

Another lovely photo! I would love to attend one of these fashion shoots.

I'll be arriving for another holiday in Singapore in a couple of weeks. Do these fashion shows occur regularly? Where did this one happen?.... I'm guessing in the Ion Orchard - Ngee Ann City area. Is anyone from the public welcome? Is there a charge or FOC?

It just ended on 18 May 2014. It's a ticketed and an invite event only. My entry was thru obtaining a media pass and was held
at Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza under the Tent. The closing show by Oscar de la Renta was attended by model/actress Kate Bosworth.

10325222_10202755807029885_8223711022479746788_n.jpg

10345561_10202760732953030_5348488582515279019_n.jpg

Last edited:
It just ended on 18 May 2014. It's a ticketed and an invite event only. My entry was thru obtaining a media pass and was held
at Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza under the Tent. The closing show by Oscar de la Renta was attended by model/actress Kate Bosworth.

Thanks for the info Zeisser.

very quiet these days.

There's not much to complain about with respect to the 5D3. Since I bought this camera 2 years ago, it has performed flawlessly and produced great photos.

Of course there would be some aspects that I would like to see improved with the next model... like... greater ISO sensitivity, higher mp's, greater dynamic range, wireless connectivity and GPS... regardless, the 5D3 in its current form gets the job done! This is the best camera I've ever owned.