OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used the vertex batt grip but finds it too plastic for me. Have changed to the original and even it's not stated as weather proof it just feels more sturdy and solid.

thanks for the feedback, i am ok with the plastic feel....i am only more concern with the sensitivity of the buttons.

I have been using 3 different 1-series bodies in the last 8 years, so i guess nothing will be more solid than its fully metal body with build-in grip

However, I noticed that even the build-in vertical grip on 1-series has different sensitivity which bothers me.

Wai said:
thanks for the feedback, i am ok with the plastic feel....i am only more concern with the sensitivity of the buttons.

I have been using 3 different 1-series bodies in the last 8 years, so i guess nothing will be more solid than its fully metal body with build-in grip

However, I noticed that even the build-in vertical grip on 1-series has different sensitivity which bothers me.

Well over the years they would definitely have improved button durability n tactile feel ..that would go for all 3rd party grips...if that's that specialty area

Wai said:

I would suggest the original if u wan the 1D feel. The vertax control joystick was a bit inaccurate, but that could just be the one out of thousands. Am extremely happy with the change to original. I had a third party grip on my other crop body and its now giving me problem in reading the battery charge properly.

Anyone check the shutter count before buying their mark 3 from retail stores?

There is no real need to check. What is a few hundred shutter count compared to the hundreds of thousands of shutter count that the camera has? I often test cameras by having it go on full burst mode for 3-5 secs, and often not buying it in the end.

Canon-5D-X.jpg

There is talk that a
bigeyes.gif
46.1mp :bigeyes: Canon DSLR will be previewed at PhotoPlus 2012 in New York City between October 24 – October 27, 2012. There have been a couple of sources confirming that a 46mp prototype Canon DSLR is in the wild, though not claimed to be anywhere near production ready. Availability is not expected until well into 2013.

The Specs

• 46.1mp Full Frame
  • 5 FPS
  • ISO 100-12800
  • 16bit

A poorly photoshop image....

Well guys...I finally pulled the trigger on the MkIII. Lovely camera I must say, quite an upgrade from the 60D. ;p

Only minor minor gripe bout it being the "EOS 5D" logo in white, rather than silver like on the 60D. Loved the silver look...oh wells! Looks like I gotta take some time to learn this camera inside out and boy, am I going to enjoy it! :)

5Dmkiii.jpg

Wth...Nikon strap

Oh, don't mind the Nikon strap...forgot to take out the 5D strap from the box before putting back everything and storing the box away...so I grabbed the nearest strap available for a short test shoot! ;p

Well guys...I finally pulled the trigger on the MkIII. Lovely camera I must say, quite an upgrade from the 60D. ;p

Only minor minor gripe bout it being the "EOS 5D" logo in white, rather than silver like on the 60D. Loved the silver look...oh wells! Looks like I gotta take some time to learn this camera inside out and boy, am I going to enjoy it! :)

Welcome to the 5D3 club, the best one on ClubSnap! Congratulations!

I like your Nikon strap. In fact Kai often uses a Nikon strap with a Canon camera on DigRevTV on the rare occasion he uses a strap (he usually goes strapless).

G-man said:
What's wrong with a Nikon strap?

Haha! There's probably nothing wrong, but I was mildly amused when I saw that. Can't explain why. Haha!

Actually there is plenty wrong with Nikon straps. And Canon, or Sony, or Panasonic, or any manufacturer's strap. They are all crap :D

Nothing wrong with Nikon thingy with Canon..i used to carry my Canon gears in my Nikon (Domke F-2 look-alike) & been using that bag for years till the strap holder broke during my Shell Eco-marathon work..cant find it anymore so i bought the real Domke..

Kai rarely uses a camera strap but in this DigitalRevTV video he uses a Nikon strap on a Canon 5D Mark II while reviewing the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 OS vs. Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS II lenses.

He begins his "Nikon strap-Canon camera" combo on the Peak and finishes in Tsim Sha Chui.

Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS HSM vs Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM - YouTube

Last edited:
Congrats PeterPanon your new toy ,

how much did you pay?

It have been quite a while this body is available, i am also curious how much the street price have drop too.

SLR- 4135

Status
Not open for further replies.