OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought the cam. So many option, so much confusion :confused:. what are the most common menu/settings that you guys change to enhance/tweak for easier use and improve image quality. Unlike the mark2, for me, it's more straight forward.

Just bought the cam. So many option, so much confusion :confused:. what are the most common menu/settings that you guys change to enhance/tweak for easier use and improve image quality. Unlike the mark2, for me, it's more straight forward.

RAW, center cross AF point only and spot metering for me.

emotap said:

Best is to read the manual n watch online tutorials...u must be patient n learn in order to get the most out from ur camera ..

emotap said:

U can attend the canon free training for the mark3 if yours is a local set.

i'm forseeing quite a number of mark 3s will turn out for afa this saturday and sunday :)

RAW, center cross AF point only and spot metering for me.
Thanks for the tip!

Best is to read the manual n watch online tutorials...u must be patient n learn in order to get the most out from ur camera ..
Noted with thanks.

U can attend the canon free training for the mark3 if yours is a local set.
Cam is local and new. I bought the set from a friend. Meaning to say he attended the training and leave no chance for me. Anyway..found a couple of useful videos about the settings etc etc.. Last night i spend almost 1hr just to figure out how to change/reset the focus point to the center. **sweat** was up to 3.30am this morning playing with my new toy and I can't remember how many times I reset it to factory default. LOL
One thing for sure.. I LOVE IT. No soft focus issue like I had with my previous mark2 till I have to send it to CSC for calibration.
But still, i will send my III and my lens for calibration.

I'm waiting to get my hands on the mk3..can't wait to take advantage of the New settings n all...especially the tracking sensitivity n all

emotap said:
Thanks for the tip!

Noted with thanks.

Cam is local and new. I bought the set from a friend. Meaning to say he attended the training and leave no chance for me. Anyway..found a couple of useful videos about the settings etc etc.. Last night i spend almost 1hr just to figure out how to change/reset the focus point to the center. **sweat** was up to 3.30am this morning playing with my new toy and I can't remember how many times I reset it to factory default. LOL
One thing for sure.. I LOVE IT. No soft focus issue like I had with my previous mark2 till I have to send it to CSC for calibration.
But still, i will send my III and my lens for calibration.

That is what you are paying for - greater control.

Anyone check the shutter count before buying their mark 3 from retail stores?

Anyone check the shutter count before buying their mark 3 from retail stores?

no.. i check when i reach home.. was ok..

Wai said:
anyone using 3rd party BG-E11? which is the best brand out there?

Vertex? Got someone selling on cs a few new ones..100 bucks..should be good..several it's made from the same materials from the mk3

Vertex? Got someone selling on cs a few new ones..100 bucks..should be good..several it's made from the same materials from the mk3

yes, read about Vertex and few other brands. My concern is the sensitivity of the buttons, whether they are the same as original.

Wai said:
yes, read about Vertex and few other brands. My concern is the sensitivity of the buttons, whether they are the same as original.

If so concerned then buy original.

Wai said:
sure, if money is not a concern

Buy cheap and may end up buying twice. Choice is of course yours but if quality is a big concern you should look at saving for an original.

Buy cheap and may end up buying twice. Choice is of course yours but if quality is a big concern you should look at saving for an original.

that's why i am asking for feedback here, how the buttons on 3rd party BG compare to the original buttons on body.

I am not so concern whether the material is the same as original or if the electrical circuit will fry my cam

Wai said:
that's why i am asking for feedback here, how the buttons on 3rd party BG compare to the original buttons on body.

I am not so concern whether the material is the same as original or if the electrical circuit will fry my cam

Your best bet is to actually go down to the shop and have a feel of the buttons etc. even if someone says its ok that's their opinion, and may differ from yours.

Assuming I am buying a 3rd party grip I would have certain expectations which are probably lower than if I buy an original. And yes that includes understanding that the buttons MIGHT NOT be as sensitive as the original. That's because I am paying significantly less than the original.

Wai said:

I've used the vertex batt grip but finds it too plastic for me. Have changed to the original and even it's not stated as weather proof it just feels more sturdy and solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.