OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi may I know which store is selling this at $3650? I assume it is inclusive of GST? Thanks

not sure. saw it somewhere in CS. someone posted it.

but I think may be regular/special price. safe to assume that street is at $3,999 with GST.

Yup.. Primes are damn poisonous especially tele primes like 85mm and 135. Compression from telephotos + wide open's shallow DOF = <3. My friend saw one of my Cosfest photos shot at f/1.4, he commented that the BG look Photoshopped but after he see the EXIF, he knows why XD

primes are good, but a whole bag of primes are bad to my backbone... :confused: Can you imagine you need a roller bag to hold your 14L, 17L, 2x 24L, 35L, 50L, 85L, 135L? :bsmilie:

primes are good, but a whole bag of primes are bad to my backbone... :confused: Can you imagine you need a roller bag to hold your 14L, 17L, 2x 24L, 35L, 50L, 85L, 135L? :bsmilie:

yup, so I'm still deciding. Shooting portraits with 16mm seems interesting but not all shots would be at this range, maybe I can put up with a 17-40L instead. I guess more important for me is the 35mm and 85mm which is my most frequently used lengths ;p

yup, so I'm still deciding. Shooting portraits with 16mm seems interesting but not all shots would be at this range, maybe I can put up with a 17-40L instead. I guess more important for me is the 35mm and 85mm which is my most frequently used lengths ;p

u need this lens
The official Zeiss 35/1.4 thread - FM Forums

The day before the trip, I was actually still at Funan deciding between to get 16-35II only or 17-40 + 24-105 (Finance minister restricted the budget). At the end, I think F4 is good enough for me. From this trip, F4 is indeed good enough for 90% of the indoor shooting with 5D ISO 6400. A few shot, I used 600Ex with gel, the result was not too bad. However, I also rarely use the 24-105...

I tried DPP but it does not help much for those shot that I took with > 10 deg up horizontally.

17-40 + 24-105 in one purchase!!! We should all have a Finance Minister like that!!! Imagine living under that kind of legislation!

17-40 + 24-105 in one purchase!!! We should all have a Finance Minister like that!!! Imagine living under that kind of legislation!

would love to have such a Finance Minister instead

but well, in my relationship I am the Finance Minister XD

avsquare said:
not sure. saw it somewhere in CS. someone posted it.

but I think may be regular/special price. safe to assume that street is at $3,999 with GST.

Thank you!

Are most stores now selling the 5D3 at $3999 or is it just Cathay Photo?

Cathay prices are usually not the cheapest in the area. So I am guessing it is possible to get it now for under $3999 cash.

Cathay prices are usually not the cheapest in the area. So I am guessing it is possible to get it now for under $3999 cash.

Good to know! Many thanks. I'll be paying a visit to Funan shortly.

what happened to 200 1.8/2

hahaha

would love to have such a Finance Minister instead

but well, in my relationship I am the Finance Minister XD

Hahaha....the budget was for 2 years and I used it one purchase. I sold off almost everything just before the trip so it was hard for the FM to spread the budget over many purchases..hehehehee.

Wow.:bigeyes:..how you get yourself to become the FM...any election tip? :bsmilie:

Decided to buy 5d mk3 kit. Anyone can share best price and place to get? Pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.