OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
teeteng said:
Dear snappers...what would be your recommended lens for traveling on 5d3? 24-70mm seemed quite heavy.

17-40 if you dont mind the wideness of it. Lightest among all. I travelled to hk bringing 3 lenses and altho it was useful, the weight really is a concern!

Bringing my 1740 and 24105 on my honeymoon. Weight OK cause so use to it. I might even bring my x100 along. But maybe not. Hehe. As I'm moving from hotel to hotel.

Where to get better price for 5D Mark III?
i saw Serangoon Nex got selling about $4220

u may try mscolor. Good price

To ccystal :

U ve got PM

cheers

Hi all, would like to seek some opinions from you guys.. I'm currently a 450d user for about 4 years now.. I was thinking to upgrade my system to 5d now. But I have some problems :
1. amongs my lens only 50mm f1.4 is ef lens. Others are efs lens. (17-55 & tokina 12-24)
2. I dun think I have budget to get full set.. So probably I will only get body only first and upgrade later. Do you all think this is feasible to work on 50mm only?
Thanks
Arthur

What about saving a little longer so that you can get the kit set? More options for you that way. Else go for credit card instalm if that is feasible.

Hi all, would like to seek some opinions from you guys.. I'm currently a 450d user for about 4 years now.. I was thinking to upgrade my system to 5d now. But I have some problems :
1. amongs my lens only 50mm f1.4 is ef lens. Others are efs lens. (17-55 & tokina 12-24)
2. I dun think I have budget to get full set.. So probably I will only get body only first and upgrade later. Do you all think this is feasible to work on 50mm only?
Thanks
Arthur

Depends on what you shoot. If you shoot landscapes, you need something wider, so you might miss your Tokina 12 - 24 range. If you shoot street or family etc, sure.. 50mm is definetely good... Makes you walk around more, and shoot more differently. So even if you sell off your 17 - 55, you don't feel loss.

Anyway, you've not had a lens greater than 50mm, so you're really not going to miss much even if you don't have the 24 105.

Thanks
Arthur

This is quite OT...

Dear snappers...what would be your recommended lens for traveling on 5d3? 24-70mm seemed quite heavy.

I just returned from a trip to Spain where I carried a 5D3, 24-70 and 16-35, a tripod (carried by my assistant, aka dad), various filters and a 430EXII (flash was a waste of time bringing).

It was just the perfect weight (5kg ex tripod), served me 95% of the time.

The other 5% I felt sad I didn't have my 70-200 2.8II along, but you have to always remind and console yourself. If you carry too much, you are less likely to take photos as you are too busy trying to find a place to rest your sore back when carrying too many lenses!

I just returned from a trip to Spain where I carried a 5D3, 24-70 and 16-35, a tripod (carried by my assistant, aka dad), various filters and a 430EXII (flash was a waste of time bringing).

It was just the perfect weight (5kg ex tripod), served me 95% of the time.

The other 5% I felt sad I didn't have my 70-200 2.8II along, but you have to always remind and console yourself. If you carry too much, you are less likely to take photos as you are too busy trying to find a place to rest your sore back when carrying too many lenses!

cool! ill be heading to europe too this Aug. Planning on carrying my 5d3 with 24-70, 17-40 and a sigma 85 f1.4... dont think ill bring a flash though...

MechaEd said:
Any of the 50mm lenses

Agree the 50mm is light but angle not wide enough for scenery...

Chillibomber said:
What about saving a little longer so that you can get the kit set? More options for you that way. Else go for credit card instalm if that is feasible.

Agree if really cannot afford lump sum payment. 24 mth installment will set u back abt $170 per mth. But must check with shop on the choice of cards.

Depends on what you shoot. If you shoot landscapes, you need something wider, so you might miss your Tokina 12 - 24 range. If you shoot street or family etc, sure.. 50mm is definetely good... Makes you walk around more, and shoot more differently. So even if you sell off your 17 - 55, you don't feel loss.

Anyway, you've not had a lens greater than 50mm, so you're really not going to miss much even if you don't have the 24 105.

yeah.. i was thinking that too.. so i'm targeting to get 16-35 next if i buy body only.. the exchange rate is high now. i plan to get it in malaysia. can save gst also.. hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.