OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 5D Mark III - User Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lower maximum burst rate. Also, please read the manual. It's stated quite clearly.

Last edited:
Wow... that's a lot less than I expected! Is $12 for original or 3rd party?

It is $12 for a ST-E2 battery. It is a non rechargeable battery.

What's the trade off for using the silent shutter mode vs normal mode?

it will reduce the camera speed to 3fps. but this feature will come in handy for event shooters

Light leakage issue...

light leakage reported for 5D MkIII [Page 1]: Canon EOS-1D / 1Ds / 5D Forum: Digital Photography Review

Mine have the problem with lens cap on. Lens cap off, totally does not affect the metering whether it top lcd light is on or off.

I believe it happens to almost all cameras and the "problem" is really just nick picking on faults with the mk3..i doubt this little "inconvenience" will affect any photo quality at all. No one is going to shoot without a lens anyways..once you put a lens on, the amount of light entering through the lens is way more than that little "leak" from the LCD panel..it's like a leaking tap in a swimming pool…it's not going to flood the pool..

Gotta love the silent shutter, my friends don't even notice i took photos of them :)

Ive read the manual and tried changin to silent mode but it still spun the same. Does it work in manual mode? Or am I missing the page?

It spuns the same? What? It works in all modes.

I tried with my 5dm3, it doesn`t seem to have this problem as mention. maybe is the batch problem ?

raydio said:
Wow... that's a lot less than I expected! Is $12 for original or 3rd party?

zixaw said:
It is $12 for a ST-E2 battery. It is a non rechargeable battery.

Just to clarify, it is just a normal 2CR5 6v battery. Not a Canon proprietary item. Can buy off supermarkets like Energizer etc.

ahboy168 said:
Only 30mb/sec ! Than putting in a 60mb/sec
SD card means wasting $ right.

If you are shooting for fun, any card type you use is fine depending on what speed you want and how much you want to spend. As others have pointed out, CF cards gives better data throughput and durability.

But for commissioned shooters, the extra SD card slot can save their jobs. Backup is the key.

If you are shooting for fun, any card type you use is fine depending on what speed you want and how much you want to spend. As others have pointed out, CF cards gives better data throughput and durability.

But for commissioned shooters, the extra SD card slot can save their jobs. Backup is the key.

I set it up so that my SD card stores jpeg and the CF card stores RAW. This way the bigger RAW file takes advantage of the faster throughput of the CF card.

One thing to note, the camera card slot may not take advantage of higher spec SD cards, but your card reader should and that will help alot with transfers times to your computer.

Wanted to snap a pic of sunrise but there was a big cloud blocking it.

Had the lucky moment the rays penetrated through a hole.

All pics at 1680px. Hope you all like it.

MG4C1299_300_301_302_303_304_305_fused3.jpg

MG4C1143_4_5_6_7_8_9_fused2.jpg

MG4C1091_2_3_4_5_6_7_fused2.jpg

MG4C1348_49_50_51_52_53_54_fused3.jpg

MG4C1390_1_2_3_4_5_6_fused2.jpg

Getting a shot of the moon at it's 'fullness', can produce some very impressive photos however, it is not the optimal time to take shots of the moon. The moon during its various phases, other than the full moon phase, produces shadows that more clearly define its surface. This is because the sun is illuminating it from an angle rather than straight on as in the case of the full moon. I would suggest that you take the full moon shots as planned and then wait 10 to 14 days when the moon is nearing its half phase and take some more shots. Compare the two and see which pleases your eye better.
:)

i went to shoot again but was unable to take any clearer pics.

i tried auto focus and manual focus already.

would really need L lens telephoto for 5d3.

or my copy of 75-300 is not as sharp? hmm

I set it up so that my SD card stores jpeg and the CF card stores RAW. This way the bigger RAW file takes advantage of the faster throughput of the CF card.

One thing to note, the camera card slot may not take advantage of higher spec SD cards, but your card reader should and that will help alot with transfers times to your computer.

I tried high speed burst on both my SanDisk Ultra and SanDisk Extreme Pro, but to find out that both records the same number of continuous burst before jamming. But I do note that the Extreme Pro is better at clearing off the buffer, albeit not much of a difference from it's Ultra brother.

alpha1ma said:
Wanted to snap a pic of sunrise but there was a big cloud blocking it.

Had the lucky moment the rays penetrated through a hole.

All pics at 1680px. Hope you all like it.

Very nice! HDR one? What software u used?

Hi guys,

I'm not very sure how to use the AI Servo mode. Can I find out which of the options in AF1 you guys choose most?

And is it spot focus or 1+4 or 1+8 focus point the best for AI Servo?

Thanks for the advice in advance!

It spuns the same? What? It works in all modes.

Sorry I mean sound. Silly me. I tried changing into silent mode using the menu instead of the top LCD. Everything is in order now. Thanks

i went to shoot again but was unable to take any clearer pics.

i tried auto focus and manual focus already.

would really need L lens telephoto for 5d3.

or my copy of 75-300 is not as sharp? hmm

I don't think there's any sharp super tele lens int he market.
Even the 70-300L isn't sharp if you compare it to a 70-200…
Super teles can be sharp but not at the longest end..that's the trade off i believe for range..you want sharp long range i think you will need a prime tele lens..
i don't know of any company that makes a super tele that is as sharp or comparable to a 70-200 lens..
On a side note, i do belive the Tamron 70-300 is as sharp as the 70-300L except for the 300mm…BUT do note that the Tamron is only $700+ brand new so…i realyl have no complains there.

Status
Not open for further replies.