Official Canon EOS 5D Mark 3 - User Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare the left center/bottom against center center/bottom. The difference is obvious.

YES - just finish downloading it, and examined it. bottom left corner is real bad.. given that this pic is taken on a 1.3 crop @ f11.. the corner looked like some f4 shot at 1/20 shutter speed :eek:

YES - just finish downloading it, and examined it. bottom left corner is real bad.. given that this pic is taken on a 1.3 crop @ f11.. the corner looked like some f4 shot at 1/20 shutter speed :eek:

Left bottom corner might not be a good measurement point for sharpness, better comparison is the trees in the center against the trees at the extreme left/ right of the frame. In the center you can still determine the shapes of the trees but it is just patches of green at the corners.

Left bottom corner might not be a good measurement point for sharpness, better comparison is the trees in the center against the trees at the extreme left/ right of the frame. In the center you can still determine the shapes of the trees but it is just patches of green at the corners.

Yup, I was actually referring to the tree and bushes (was it bushes? Can really tell, very blur) at the left bottom, really look like hand-shake blur :S

brought my 5D3 and 1635 out today with me to work. Hopefully it wun rain in the evening and I can go test out more of the high iso at the iLight thingy at marina bay after work.

looks like there is no stock issue, CR :

B&H has said they should be able to fill all preorders with their first 2 shipments of cameras.

Lots of places in the UK and Asia have reported having stock. I’ve even seen stock in Canada. Lots of smaller retailers are also emailing with stock notices.

I apologize I cannot link every store that has copies of the camera available for sale. I can’t be responsible for the crazy amount of phone calls a retailer would get because of a link here. I appreciate every retailer that has let me know you have stock, and I highly doubt you’re going to have much issue getting rid of your allotment of 5D Mark III’s.

B&H and Adorama both assure me shipments are going out this week, and both have a lot of inventory coming in.

Canon surely has learnt a page from Apple: time-to-market. 5D3 was announced later than D800 yet they manage to get it out to end users in such short timeframe

Canon surely has learnt a page from Apple: time-to-market. 5D3 was announced later than D800 yet they manage to get it out to end users in such short timeframe

since we hear very little confirmation, i wonder how they keep all their employee & vendor staff from not divulging out the product until their official announcement. i mean they should have been building up stock for the past 2-3months to able to cater to most demand in 1st shipment.

Non-disclosure agreements with heavy legal ramifications. When you work in most industries, you are supposed to keep your mouth shut on whatever things you are working on. It is not meant to keep the consumers in the dark but to make sure the competition doesn't know what you're doing until you are ready to reveal it.

'Loose lips sink ships.'

Last edited:
Non-disclosure agreements with heavy legal ramifications.

if a few people is easy to track but thousand of people, isnt it kind of hard to pin point who let the cat out?

if a few people is easy to track but thousand of people, isn't it kind of hard to pin point who let the cat out?

It is entirely possible. All you need is the right person at the right place and right time and the leak can be pinpointed. Also, information that has been compartmentalized to certain departments can be a method as well, eg only certain information is known to certain people, and thus, when the info is leaked, the culprit can be tracked via the leaked information.

It is entirely possible. All you need is the right person at the right place and right time and the leak can be pinpointed. Also, information that has been compartmentalized to certain departments can be a method as well, eg only certain information is known to certain people, and thus, when the info is leaked, the culprit can be tracked via the leaked information.

for spec, i agree but leaking out a mk3 is in production, can be anyone of the in the assembly team. hmm..may be they scale down to only a few persons to do the assembly.

The production line is in Japan, correct? The Japanese, even down to their line workers, understand the importance of 'loose lips sink ships'. Even if one of them opens his/her mouth to the wrong person, it can jeopardize the launch of the entire product. This is especially true in the game of one upmanship, with the D800 and MkIII launches being so closed to one another.

Looks like it started raining already!

sucks.. I've been wanting to shoot something after work, but the sky is not doing me the favor :(

weather sealing right?... heehee

accroding to Canon Support Staff - yes weather sealed but not like 1D series.. abit drizzle can, but try to wipe it off as soon as possible, and not advisable to subject the cam in heavy rain..

the way they say.. makes it sounded like the weather seal of 5D3 useless :bsmilie:

Shoot rain. Can freeze the raindrops by pumping up ISO n shutter speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.