OFFICIAL: CANON EOS 1DX - User Thread

do you know how much is 1DX?

to maximize the flagship dslr potential, you must buy top of the line lenses like 24-70 II and 70-200 2.8 IS II, gitzo tripod to support the weight, a very strong ballhead, a good tripod plate, huge dry cabinet, protection fliters, blackrapid straps to support the weight, high speed and capacity CF cards to keep up with FPS, harddisk to store many photos, dust pump, a camera bag. etccc

Now that you mention it, why the hell am I in this hobby up to my neck? :sweat:

Hi,

Anyone has any information on firmware ver 1.2.4 for 1D X?
Already google it but nothing.

Just had my firmware updated by CCS.
But can't find any information on this new firmware.

Just had my firmware updated by CCS.
But can't find any information on this new firmware.

Thanks for the headsup. Just updated with this new firmware from the USA Canon website link mins ago :)

I had updated the firmware to 1.2.4 last night from the Singapore Canon website.

Finally got down to updating the firmware today. Took a rather long time though.

haaa can always bring it in to canon for them to update the firmware for you together with the lubrication recall fix.

Updated and was not planning to go send in the camera, but since there were no kids errands to run this week, might as well. Seriously, not sure what Canon has that will expedite the upgrade of the firmware though. Time was not figuring how to update but the actual update.

Just came back from Hokkaido using the IDX & 24-70mm f2.8 combination...superb resolutions, sharpness, colour rendition and will be my travelling companion from henceforth...

share some pictures then!

Just came back from Hokkaido using the IDX & 24-70mm f2.8 combination...superb resolutions, sharpness, colour rendition and will be my travelling companion from henceforth...

Hi guys, does anyone ever experienced having a mirror lock up during exposure? mine suddenly just lock up and turning off and on doesn't seem to work. I need to remove the battery and reinsert it back before it goes back to normal. An attempt to take another photo will result in the same thing. There are no error codes as well.

Last edited:
Hi guys, does anyone ever experienced having a mirror lock up during exposure? mine suddenly just lock up and turning off and on doesn't seem to work. I need to remove the battery and reinsert it back before it goes back to normal. An attempt to take another photo will result in the same thing. There are no error codes as well.

Probably best to take it to Canon CSC and have them take a look at it. Hopefully it is just a minor issue that won't be too costly.

haven't had that happening to my 1dx before.... anyone else?

It kinda freak me out a bit. This morning it was back to normal again. It happened when I forgot to remove the lens cap and pressed down the shutter. Shutter was at 1/30. I've read on other forums and found that this issue can be replicated. But I won't take the risk. Ha ha!

It kinda freak me out a bit. This morning it was back to normal again. It happened when I forgot to remove the lens cap and pressed down the shutter. Shutter was at 1/30. I've read on other forums and found that this issue can be replicated. But I won't take the risk. Ha ha!

So this is a bug then?

Aww man crap... Out of curiosity, I tried shooting without any lens attached. My 1DX is still giving me the same problem but this time less frequently but I'm able to reproduce the error successfully everytime. :(