Official Canon 550D User Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
yesterday trying to play with manaul setting and MF but totally sux at it. capture nothing but super dark photos. I realise that shutter speed (fast) does make the different and effect to the picture :)

going to master my basice forcus points (auto) then i will go into MF

yesterday trying to play with manaul setting and MF but totally sux at it. capture nothing but super dark photos. I realise that shutter speed (fast) does make the different and effect to the picture :)

going to master my basice forcus points (auto) then i will go into MF

eh?? i usually juz set focus point to the centre one. then i aim at my target, focus liao, then recompose the shot, then take the shot. i dun trust the AF points. as for MF of lens, i do that when the subject is dark or when i use tele at furthest zoom.

hi bros. i just bought the 550D as well. liked its small compact design. cheers! pls guide me along. =)

Hi brothers,

I just realised that in movie mode, I can only select 24fps or 25fps for full HD, is it due to the fact that my SDCard is not Class10 so there is no way I can select 30fps option?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Hi brothers,

I just realised that in movie mode, I can only select 24fps or 25fps for full HD, is it due to the fact that my SDCard is not Class10 so there is no way I can select 30fps option?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

change ur video mode from PAL to NTSC,then u can use at either 30fps or 24fps. do bear in mind that NTSC is only used in US so if u plan on submitting ur finished video to mediacorp or smth it MUST be in PAL cos SG uses PAL. if not u gotta reshoot ur entire video in PAL.. if u plan to juz upload to youtube then either PAL or NTSC will work so dun bother abt it.

change ur video mode from PAL to NTSC,then u can use at either 30fps or 24fps. do bear in mind that NTSC is only used in US so if u plan on submitting ur finished video to mediacorp or smth it MUST be in PAL cos SG uses PAL. if not u gotta reshoot ur entire video in PAL.. if u plan to juz upload to youtube then either PAL or NTSC will work so dun bother abt it.

Thank you bro, so now I know 30fps works for NTSC only. (almost typed NTUC)...:bsmilie:

anyone using Canon 24-70mm f2.8L USM for 550D ?? :D
it would be better if u post ur good picture from that lens, thanks..

still consider whether buy that lens or not.. :sweat:

Hi All,

I'm also new to this forum.
Just got a 550D Kit II today and hope to learn more about photography.

Hope my noob questions here does not irritate anyone. I'm only 10% knowledgeable about photography

Nice meeting every one here.

Thank You
Jason

Welcome welcome...

Hi All,

I'm also new to this forum.
Just got a 550D Kit II today and hope to learn more about photography.

Hope my noob questions here does not irritate anyone. I'm only 10% knowledgeable about photography

Nice meeting every one here.

Thank You
Jason

hi bros. i just bought the 550D as well. liked its small compact design. cheers! pls guide me along. =)

Check out the Gatherings and Outings Folder for the 550D User gathering. It's a rare chance to see the 550D users. Please do sign up if you have the time for it.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...57#post6209257

yea i talking abt the phottix.. right now i heard its $115 in SG. if i want $80 need to order and wait..

The shipping time is only 1 week (inclusvie of Sat and Sun). If you confirm want to buy, then order online, and before u know it, all the stuff will arrived (and you save about S$35).

S$35 in eBay, you can get a Remote switch (Youg Nuo RS-802) for less than S$9, infra remote control, Camera Lens Blower and 3 color Pop-Up Flash Diffuser for less than S$6 and many more.....

Bros, what filter can I use to protect my 50mm f1.8? Cheap one that will not affect(or the least effect) on the image quality? how much?
Thanks bros

A friend asked me about 550D. As I am not familiar with Canon, I can only tell him what I read from the reviews.

I have a question, maybe user here can help. If I shoot in manual mode with spot metering, does 550D metering follow the focus point we choose?

Bros, what filter can I use to protect my 50mm f1.8? Cheap one that will not affect(or the least effect) on the image quality? how much?
Thanks bros

A decent Hoya or Kenko will do.Costs around $10-20 IIRC.....

Thanks bros
in my POV, 50mm F1.8 no need filter. 1st element is pretty deep inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.