Official Canon 550D User Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't find it worth getting the crumpler bag... $100 for a small sling bag? To me, I will not settle for the SD card, Filter, Bag- Crumpler or EOS.., Tripod- which sucks.. I'd just get the body and lens, and chose my own accessories,

For $100, I can get a Lowepro Fastpack 200, Backpack and bug enough for other stuffs.

I don't get their SD Card, you know why ? Theirs usually 8GB Class4, I rather get a 8GB Class 6 or 10 myself.

Filters? They usually chop you. So, I rather get it at online mass sales.

Unless you fashion/brand conscious, then you go for the Crumpler, else for me, it doesn't worth it.

My humble opinion,.

Class 4 SD card is enough already even for taking videos lar...why need class 6/10?

P.S Remember to bring your RF for tmr's outing.I'll be shooting film/digital tmr:)

Class 4 SD card is enough already even for taking videos lar...why need class 6/10?

P.S Remember to bring your RF for tmr's outing.I'll be shooting film/digital tmr:)

Maybe I'd just shoot digital tmr.. I'm lending my RF to my cousin.

well i will also choose the tripod, eos bag, 8gb SD and etc.. but price for that is $1449 at havery dunno can ask for discount anot. I call up john316 no one is picking up and i call AP price is $1349 pay with CC but come with only 8gbSD and crumpler bag (which i am not keen)

well i will also choose the tripod, eos bag, 8gb SD and etc.. but price for that is $1449 at havery dunno can ask for discount anot. I call up john316 no one is picking up and i call AP price is $1349 pay with CC but come with only 8gbSD and crumpler bag (which i am not keen)

HN might give some discount.Try other shops like SLRR or OP:)

John will never pick up their phone cos they are always too busy entertaining customers:bsmilie:

I hope HN do give me discount, i avoid the PC fair cause is unless same price and notthing much. Somemore call up a few HN branch only a few throw in abit more freebie. I praying for a 5-10% discount :)

wanna to call john to check price but really too busy ah... haiz. do u know if pay by CC do they also wiave the admin charges?

I got my Phottix BP-550D with 2 Phottix batteries for S$105. Shipping is around 7 days after winning bid.

Just to share how it work on eBay.

There are 2 common type of purchase, "Bid" and "Buy now".

1) "Buy now" - It is straight forward, just click buy now and it is "yours" (ie Buy now Phottix BP-550D @ S$ 103.78).

2) "Bid" - Usually, the price for "Bid" is lower than "Buy now" price (ie Bid for Phottix BP-550D @ S$ 82.45). There is a closing date for the bid, the highest bidder gets it.

As you can see from the above example, there is about S$20 different if you choose between Buy now and Bid (for Phottix BP-550D).

For the case of Phottix BP-550D. the seller have a lot of the same item available for bidding. Just find one that no one bid (ie 0 Bid) and bid that. Others also want to buy cheap and you can hope they do the same.

However one of the main cons of bidding is you have to wait till the "bid" ends, which might be a few days later.

After "winning" the bid / buy now, it is time for payment. Payment is made thru paypal.

Register an account at http://www.paypal.com.sg. You will need a credit card. Paying with Paypal and eBay is good. If any dispute or non delivery, you can file a dispute and they will be the middleman to judge. So far I have no problem.

The following are links for the Phottix BP-550D Grip and Phottix LP-E8 Battery.

1) Phottix BP-550D for Canon 550D Rebel T2i BG-E8 ONLY

2) Phottix BP-550D for Canon 550D Rebel T2i BG-E8 with 2 x LP-E8 Battery

3) Phottix LP-E8 x 2

thanks a million man.. i bid mine! thanks!!!:thumbsup:

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the welcome.
I got my 550D Kit II (EF-S 18-135mm) + Crumpler bag, 2x8GB card + 2xEF Lense Work III book +mini 5D MkII flash drive (2GB i think) at AP for $1588 (w GST, cash). Got the Phottix BP-550D for $115 there also. Unfortunately they ran out of EF-50mm f1.8

I did some calculation... not worth paying full $1799 at PC Show to get the extra tripod + media player + 50mm at $89.
If you buy from outside PC show within these 4 days (Thurs-Sun), you get to claim the Crumpler bag at Keppel Bay and claim your mini flash drive at the PC Show level 1 (not for the cheap 50mm though).

Hi All,

Just bought a 550D kit II today and happy to join this 550D club. Hope can learn from you guys.

Thanks.

I just got my 550D Kit 1 today too ! Glad to join the club ;)

HELP Folks!

This is odd but ever since my move (moved houses) and rearranging some usb hubs -- every time I plug in my Camera to my laptop (VISTA) it starts to install driver and then selects "generic digicam driver" installed, but then when I start EOS Utility, it doesn't recognize my camera...

Any help / insight here folks?

Thanks in advane!

I got mine at Harvey Norman Jurong Point. They throw in more freebies to gain customer from PC Show.

Kit 1 $1449 with 2 x 8GB SD, 1 x UV filter, 1 x Big Tripod, 1 x Len Cleaning Kit, 1 x Screen Protector, Canon EOS Bag, 1 x third party lithium batt, 1 x card reader, some miscellaneous vouchers for food, and photo prints at HN. Eligible for another crumpler bag for pc show promo if register online by sunday.

MS Color is offering at $1299 with 1 x 8GB SD, 1 x Big Tripod, 1 x Screen Protector, UV Filter.
Eligible for Crumpler Bag too.

I decided to get from HN to save a trip down to AMK, and also since my first DSLR, good to have some of these freebies too. Can also use credit card and monthly instalment...

I got mine at Harvey Norman Jurong Point. They throw in more freebies to gain customer from PC Show.

Kit 1 $1449 with 2 x 8GB SD, 1 x UV filter, 1 x Big Tripod, 1 x Len Cleaning Kit, 1 x Screen Protector, Canon EOS Bag, 1 x third party lithium batt, 1 x card reader, some miscellaneous vouchers for food, and photo prints at HN. Eligible for another crumpler bag for pc show promo if register online by sunday.

MS Color is offering at $1299 with 1 x 8GB SD, 1 x Big Tripod, 1 x Screen Protector, UV Filter.
Eligible for Crumpler Bag too.

I decided to get from HN to save a trip down to AMK, and also since my first DSLR, good to have some of these freebies too. Can also use credit card and monthly instalment...
i stay nearby jurong point too :D 8g sdcard class 2 like $16, uv for ur kit lens $15, 3rd party batt $28, card reader $15 + trip $5.. did pay with 0% installment plan? Funan mall has a lot of camera shop and their price is competitive

edit:welcome for all new member

Last edited:
I got my 550D Kit II at funan it mall + Crumpler bag, 8GB card + EF Lense Work III book + 1 x third party lithium batt + Screen Protector for $1603 (w GST, cash).
Unfortunately they ran out of EF-50mm f1.8..

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the welcome.
I got my 550D Kit II (EF-S 18-135mm) + Crumpler bag, 2x8GB card + 2xEF Lense Work III book +mini 5D MkII flash drive (2GB i think) at AP for $1588 (w GST, cash). Got the Phottix BP-550D for $115 there also. Unfortunately they ran out of EF-50mm f1.8

I did some calculation... not worth paying full $1799 at PC Show to get the extra tripod + media player + 50mm at $89.
If you buy from outside PC show within these 4 days (Thurs-Sun), you get to claim the Crumpler bag at Keppel Bay and claim your mini flash drive at the PC Show level 1 (not for the cheap 50mm though).

ur deal sounds really good! dang i feel cheated buying 3 weeks ago.. but actually the only freebie i would really want is the crumpler so i guess i'll juz buy it myself haha

:-( the bros here suddenly quiet... to those who went canvassing, please kindly post the prices here so we can all get a good package.. hoping to do the purchase today..

Not quiet. Dunno why. When I click reply, the pages seem to be slowly loaded. Maybe I just patch my IE.

Anyway you can see Canon Price Lists (Singapore) Thread as a guide.

I bought my at SLRR @ S$1584 (cash, with GST) for my Kit II with 8GB Sandisk (Class 2) and Canon bag few weeks back.

Some might offer more and other "freebie" but I rather get the cheaper first, cos usually those freebie are not of high quality and in the end, you will buy other better stuff. Moreover I got my 3rd party stuff from eBay usually, much much cheaper...

Last edited:

Just to share, if class 4 SD card is used for taking videos, video taking might suddenly stop. Experience that once. Initially I was puzzed but think it is due to the slow "writing" speed of class 4. If you are taking video and suddenly take a photo, it might stop too. Experience once too.

So in the end I got myself a Class 6 16GB at this PC show for S$92

Status
Not open for further replies.