Official Canon 550D User Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought my 550D Kit II (EF-S 18-135mm) at AP. Got the Phottix BP-550D for $115 there also. Unfortunately they ran out of EF-50mm f1.8
Freebies include Crumpler bag, 2x8GB card, 2xEF Lense Work III book, mini 5D MkII flash drive (2GB i think).

i donno how to purchase it on ebay leh.. nv buy anything there b4.. do i have to bid first than can buy? btw, how much u got it?

I got my Phottix BP-550D with 2 Phottix batteries for S$105. Shipping is around 7 days after winning bid (and payment).

Just to share how it work on eBay.

There are 2 common type of purchase, "Bid" and "Buy now".

1) "Buy now" - It is straight forward, just click buy now and it is "yours" (ie Buy now Phottix BP-550D @ S$ 103.78).

2) "Bid" - Usually, the price for "Bid" is lower than "Buy now" price (ie Bid for Phottix BP-550D @ S$ 82.45). There is a closing date for the bid, the highest bidder gets it.

As you can see from the above example, there is about S$20 different if you choose between Buy now and Bid (for Phottix BP-550D).

For the case of Phottix BP-550D. the seller have a lot of the same item available for bidding. Just find one that no one bid (ie 0 Bid) and bid that. Others also want to buy cheap and you can hope they do the same.

However one of the main cons of bidding is you have to wait till the "bid" ends, which might be a few days later.

After "winning" the bid / buy now, it is time for payment. Payment is made thru paypal.

Register an account at http://www.paypal.com.sg. You will need a credit card. Paying with Paypal and eBay is good. If any dispute or non delivery, you can file a dispute and they will be the middleman to judge. So far I have no problem.

The following are links for the Phottix BP-550D Grip and Phottix LP-E8 Battery.

1) Phottix BP-550D for Canon 550D Rebel T2i BG-E8 ONLY

2) Phottix BP-550D for Canon 550D Rebel T2i BG-E8 with 2 x LP-E8 Battery

3) Phottix LP-E8 x 2

Last edited:
Just bought my 550D Kit II (EF-S 18-135mm) at AP. Got the Phottix BP-550D for $115 there also. Unfortunately they ran out of EF-50mm f1.8
Freebies include Crumpler bag, 2x8GB card, 2xEF Lense Work III book, mini 5D MkII flash drive (2GB i think).

welcome to the club :D

Hi, a BIG welcome to the 550D Family.

Alan Photo has run out of the EF 50 (f/1.8) ? I'd suggest you to look for the lens somewhere else, maybe TK Foto, SLR Revo, AP-F at Funan..

I would say its a Value-For-Money lens, especially when I'm shooting portraits with my Family/Friends, and since you have already gotten the Battery Grip, :thumbsup::thumbsup: for it !

How much did u pay for it?

Welcome!!! How much did you pay? EF-50mm f1.8 sell at S$89 if you get a camera right? IF no stock can get at later for at discount price?

BTW I got EF-50mm f1.8 II at SLRR for S$121 (Cash, inclusive of GST).

can share how much u got the 550D package ?

Have anyone here bought the 550D and regretted over buying a 7D?

Have anyone here bought the 550D and regretted over buying a 7D?

I'm happy with the 550D. It really depends on whether you need the extra features in the 7D and budget. If you need the FPS, weather-seal and supposedly fasting focusing of the 7D, then go for the 7D!

I am planning to join you guys this weekend, but dunno where is the best shop to buy 550D kit II. Please advise. Thank you.

got offer from AP-Funan 550D kit II, comes with crumpler, 1595(w/GST) cash, 1674(w/GST) 12 months installment.

going to get mine 550D tonight at funan hervey at 1449 for 2x 8gb SD, 1 bag,1 tripod,, 1 extra battary :)

got offer from AP-Funan 550D kit II, comes with crumpler, 1595(w/GST) cash, 1674(w/GST) 12 months installment.

Does it come with any UV filter ??

I call up AP they offer me 1285 for cash and for installment add 5% for basic kit do u think is worth it when the freebie is cumpler bag & 8gb only. I saw at hevery at $1449 but abit more freebie 2x 8gb SD, 1 bag,1 tripod,, 1 extra battary which is more worth it.

btw i cant decide kit 1 or 2 cause i plannign to use it for nature and portirt but dunno which is suitable for starter

:-( the bros here suddenly quiet... to those who went canvassing, please kindly post the prices here so we can all get a good package.. hoping to do the purchase today..

make ur own judgement on whats a good deal. look at the pc show, for $1449 u get 8gb SD, Tripod, crumpler, "HD media player" (whatever that is..) compared to when i bought mine at $1280 with 2x 8gb SD, UV filter, screen protector, canon bag and 3 month extra warranty. $170 more and u get crumpler ($100?), Tripod ($30?), HD media ($???). but after paying $170 more u still gotta pay for UV filter and screen protector (total $20?) and u also dun get an extra SD

(for those who r confused by the math, i'll juz wrap up) in the end after selling the HD thing, ur cam is gonna cost u ~$1400. is it a better deal than mine? u pay $120 more for crumpler vs canon bag, a tripod vs extra 8GB, and lose extra 3 month warranty

i have no idea how much the media player is worth but to me its quite useless (they gave a 320gb HDD at march fair, much more worthit)

i don't find it worth getting the crumpler bag... $100 for a small sling bag? To me, I will not settle for the SD card, Filter, Bag- Crumpler or EOS.., Tripod- which sucks.. I'd just get the body and lens, and chose my own accessories,

For $100, I can get a Lowepro Fastpack 200, Backpack and bug enough for other stuffs.

I don't get their SD Card, you know why ? Theirs usually 8GB Class4, I rather get a 8GB Class 6 or 10 myself.

Filters? They usually chop you. So, I rather get it at online mass sales.

Unless you fashion/brand conscious, then you go for the Crumpler, else for me, it doesn't worth it.

My humble opinion,.

looking for "CURRENT" shop price comparison so we can proceed there and get it, not what you got months ago..haizz

I am planning to join you guys this weekend, but dunno where is the best shop to buy 550D kit II. Please advise. Thank you.

There is a price guide here for a reason.If the prices are not updated,you can just go down/call/email shops for a quote right?:)

Dun be lazy:nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.