Official Announcement of Nikon Df

I will choose

Results are only viewable after voting.

Good for you! But wait, that's not a D4 sensor.

Good for you! But wait, that's not a D4 sensor.

Df is using the same sensor and image-processing engine with D4, as stated by Nikon themselves :)

"On top of that, the Df incorporates the same FX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 3 image-processing engine as the D4."
Source: http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/df/

"With the same FX-format CMOS sensor, effective pixel count of 16.2-million pixels, and EXPEED 3 image-processing engine as the D4 flagship model, the Df offers stable, superior image quality under a wide variety of lighting conditions."
Source: http://www.nikon.com/news/2013/1105_dslr_01.htm

Enough of the belly aching from naysayers. When is the camera coming to Singapore?

Haven't seen anything in real life yet regarding this camera. The hype might be dying away soon.

It's not a properly designed camera but I can see many will like it. It's ugly but it looks like a winner. :)

I don't know to laugh or cry at your post.

Sell to whom? THere are only 2 miserable lenses for that system so far. People following the NEX system would surely know by now that Sony will take their bloody ass time to release a decent lens system, if they ever do. And honestly, do you want to use the Alpha system lenses on the A7?

And if something else happens, Sony might drop the entire line and come up with the Omega series. This is not the first time Sony screwed their customers.

Sony + Loyalty = Oxymoron.

I am very attracted to the A7, but looking at Sony's history scares me.

A beautiful Nikon 1 + hump design. Nice lines. But I am not convinced about Sony humping their customers all the time.

Honestly the DF is a true fan-boy camera or even a fashionista camera.
Speculated at the price of a D800. I would not even consider the camera.

Or for old timers to take a walk down memory lane.

I for one, almost wanted the camera. But the steep price Nikon is asking for it, I think I will wait until "lay long sale" a year or two later.

Or for old timers to take a walk down memory lane.

I for one, almost wanted the camera. But the steep price Nikon is asking for it, I think I will wait until "lay long sale" a year or two later.

Agreed.... if they price it at Sony A7 to "compete"..... may just hook it...... but selling at D800 price level..... don't think so..... rather use it to get another lens or get another M43 system.....

Agreed.... if they price it at Sony A7 to "compete"..... may just hook it...... but selling at D800 price level..... don't think so..... rather use it to get another lens or get another M43 system.....

This is ignorance at its finest. Sony A7 is released to compete with D600. The Df has the D4 sensor, a 7000sgd camera.

Might as well tell Leica to sell you an M camera at D5300 price.

Beside the price which other part of the sony a7 is competing with d600? So according to your logic a7 is d600 competitor, a7r is d800e competitor since is 36mpx without AA filter. One is mirrorless camera another isnt..
This is ignorance at its finest. Sony A7 is released to compete with D600. The Df has the D4 sensor, a 7000sgd camera.

Might as well tell Leica to sell you an M camera at D5300 price.

Last edited:
Beside the price which other part of the sony a7 is competing with d600? So according to your logic a7 is d600 competitor, a7r is d800e competitor since is 36mpx without AA filter. One is mirrorless camera another isnt..

Well, the A7 have 35 lenses all highly regarded. The camera has received rave reviews and scored highly on DxO scale and is now the all time leader in high ISO performance, DR and beats the crap out of everything else in its path.

Seriously, nay Sayers - do you really need to talk down on others to raise your favorite camera?

Can we not stay on topic with the camera in the thread? Why should a camera that has the same sensor as the top-of-the-line Nikon be compared to a new untested Sony? Why do you need to pick a fight?

Shall I tell you that if the A7 is sold at D3200 price I might pick up one to play? That it is way over priced and where the heck are the lenses? Most ugly camera I've seen? Trade insults?

Well, the A7 have 35 lenses all highly regarded. The camera has received rave reviews and scored highly on DxO scale and is now the all time leader in high ISO performance, DR and beats the crap out of everything else in its path.

Seriously, nay Sayers - do you really need to talk down on others to raise your favorite camera?

Can we not stay on topic with the camera in the thread? Why should a camera that has the same sensor as the top-of-the-line Nikon be compared to a new untested Sony? Why do you need to pick a fight?

Shall I tell you that if the A7 is sold at D3200 price I might pick up one to play? That it is way over priced and where the heck are the lenses? Most ugly camera I've seen? Trade insults?

Didn't you start the fight a few posts back? :bsmilie: