Official 5D User Thread - Part 2

How's the 5D with 135L? Give us some Shallow DOF shots! :sweat:

haha the above streetshots are all with the 135mm F2! just that street shots taken from a distance and hence DOF is not as shallow hehe....

I just bought back my first full frame digital SLR, the good old 5D =)

iso performance may not be as good, but the images just have a different look compared to the mark 2 or 3
sIMG_3379 by ricleosg, on Flickr

Its a nice camera given its age.
ISO is also good enough with a fast lens in most real use situations, imo.
Beautiful skin tones with the combi of low pixel density and canon's rendition of skin tones.

If it took my Pentax K-mount lenses w/o a hassle, I would have stuck to it and not go for the A7.

Ops .. didn't know they were from 135L. But I am trying to keep things small!!!

wah 5D thread still going strong.

have long moved on too fuji but the lens i miss most is the 135L

Thinking of changing the shutter for my old 5D Mk 1 but it cost about 300. Dunno whether worth it ?

If I may ask, why? Cause shutter spoilt already?

Coming from the angle where id be keen on replacing it if it would improve my cameras performance :)

Although you can prob get a used 5d for $600~ off BnS nowadays.

If I may ask, why? Cause shutter spoilt already?

Coming from the angle where id be keen on replacing it if it would improve my cameras performance :)

Although you can prob get a used 5d for $600~ off BnS nowadays.

shutter is alredi very old so scared that it will conk off anytime. also worry that shuuter parts may be obsolete ie canon may nt replace shutter next time.

Last edited:
Ahhh seeing this thread is still alive reminds me of the days of the good old trusty 5D ! no video, no LV, no frills..

shutter is alredi very old so scared that it will conk off anytime. also worry that shuuter parts may be obsolete ie canon may nt replace shutter next time.

no need to worry, I can find the 5D shutter mechanism replacement for $100 or less on ebay. can always buy the part for insurance, keep it and look for a repair guy to install it for you in the future.

no need to worry, I can find the 5D shutter mechanism replacement for $100 or less on ebay. can always buy the part for insurance, keep it and look for a repair guy to install it for you in the future.

OK. Thanks for the heads up . Do u happen to know who can do this repair in SG ?

haha the above streetshots are all with the 135mm F2! just that street shots taken from a distance and hence DOF is not as shallow hehe....

Beautiful shots Ricleo! They bring back memories of my old 5D classic (long sold). The 135mm lens is my next BBB! This lens is also a classic.

Beautiful shots Ricleo! They bring back memories of my old 5D classic (long sold). The 135mm lens is my next BBB! This lens is also a classic.

ha thanks radyio... not sure if it's cuz of the noise or just the way the 5D does skin tones. the images just look more "organic" to me although the 5D3 and A7 bests it for ISO and AWB

sIMG_3561 by ricleosg, on Flickr

sIMG_3567 by ricleosg, on Flickr

sIMG_3560 by ricleosg, on Flickr

sIMG_3575 by ricleosg, on Flickr

sIMG_3569 by ricleosg, on Flickr

ha thanks radyio... not sure if it's cuz of the noise or just the way the 5D does skin tones. the images just look more "organic" to me although the 5D3 and A7 bests it for ISO and AWB

sIMG_3561 by ricleosg, on Flickr

sIMG_3567 by ricleosg, on Flickr

sIMG_3560 by ricleosg, on Flickr

sIMG_3575 by ricleosg, on Flickr

sIMG_3569 by ricleosg, on Flickr

Cute baby with big round eyes do agree the 5D brings out skin tones very well indeed.

Please no more photos!!!

BBB is getting stronger with every pic!!!

Have mercy on me my brothers and sisters!!!

Buy Buy Buy.... must... resist... must... hold... on... cannot buy.... arghhh!

;)

Please no more photos!!!

BBB is getting stronger with every pic!!!

Have mercy on me my brothers and sisters!!!

Buy Buy Buy.... must... resist... must... hold... on... cannot buy.... arghhh!

Let's see how long you can hold on bro....:bsmilie: 5D with Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar 28-80mm

5720370051_a4d399022e_b_d.jpg

Thank goodness I have the 5d already. And tried the 135mm. Haha this bro ric is very good at poisoning pple.

Thank goodness I have the 5d already. And tried the 135mm. Haha this bro ric is very good at poisoning pple.

haaa you havent buy the 50L bro? now got a few copies going for 13XX at the classifieds.

hehe y sell the 135 ah? v good portrait lens

haaa you havent buy the 50L bro? now got a few copies going for 13XX at the classifieds.

hehe y sell the 135 ah? v good portrait lens

Heh it is very very good... But no $$$ to buy telephoto zoom so must 忍痛 sell off to fund. 50L must wait already..... Use EF 50 f1.4 for now first :)