Offensive posting by fellow CSER on classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been buying and selling since 2006. Its a great place, minus the craps that is expected with online sales. Aside from bad buyers, we all have probably experienced one/all of the mentioned experiences. So, rationale, its understood there are good and bad sellers, ie. good and bad products too.

I highlighted this seller as an example of WHAT we should not be. Photography should be beautiful and artistic. Not paparazzi style, and certainly not with words and threats of violence. He is a very detailed man I reckon, listing out his requirements, but the choice of his words does not gel with me. I have encountered bad sellers and buyers too, but whatever it is, if you don't agree, WALK AWAY. Why itch for a fight, and why talk big? Does talking big make a bigger man out of you. This is exactly how confrontation and violence starts. Always over something trival, then self-made to something of a bigger issue, due to pride.

If I want to buy from someone, his manners, his speech, even how compromising that individual can be, are deciding factors for the sale. We are all members of CSNAP for a reason, the love for photography. Through this forum, we discuss events, C&C on our fellow member's masterpiece, use the B&S section to upgrade and get rid of excess equipment, make friends.....socialize, exchange idea. That is the big idea isn't it?

So its quite annoying when you see a post like this, advocating threats to beat up someone if he/she bargain......Violence is never an option to resolve conflict - period. When you state claims / threats like this, it tells me much about you, as an individual. I have asked the MODs to look into this. I cannot condone a member to boldly post statements like this, if he/she is not prepared to be more socially and morally responsible.

The person seems like a loser to me. Let's all condemn that attitude. We can all spam his PM inbox, asking him/her to change for better.

Haha joking~

you can't really fault him for feeling this way

i always use the anecdote of the happy buyer i encountered who chopped down my price claiming to be a poor student, and driving up in a car to meet up after i had taken the mrt to meet him.

but yes, there is no need to be rude unless the other party has shown their colours. cheers.

Seriously if i am interested in buying any thing from him, his comments of beating the person up actually turn me off... If I really need to buy from him, I might need to hire 2 bodyguard to clear the deal.

But I can see he actually repost again and also amend his text. Maybe he know that he is wrong saying those stuff...

i can see where his frustration is coming from as i have dealt with such inconsiderate buyers.

just a small example. this lady wanted to buy two rolls of expired film from me. in my advert, i stated clearly the collection point is at redhill and no exceptions to it. she wanted me to bring it to her home in jurong west. my selling price is $2.50 per roll. needless to say the deal was off. people just don't read the advert properly. it wasn't even in fine print (like 2pt size).

another buyer, reserved a huge lot of my stock (nearly 40% of what i listed) and told me to hold for two weeks as he is traveling. i held it for him and four weeks later i PM him and he said he forgot totally about it and not interested now.

there were a few others as well who ordered two rolls, four rolls and than find out they have to travel to redhill to collect just simply go MIA.

to the advert TS, yes it's frustrating to deal with these type of people. they will be around no matter what happens. just live with it.

to all sellers, make your life simpler, buyers travel to your location at your convenience. as for the time a little bit of give and take.

a simple way to deal with those buyers who try to low ball another $10 discount, just give them a nice smile, shake their hand, take your stuff, thank them for coming down and leave. they will tell you 'they are just joking'. i use their low ball against them. they are there because they want the stuff and it also means the price is acceptable to them.

a friend told me he do the other way round when someone low ball him during the deal. he increase the price $50 saying he received a higher offer. the low baller say that's unethical and than kept quiet. so my friend ask him, you want or don't want since you are here i sell you at our agreed price. the low baller couldn't get his money out fast enough, thank my friend, took the stuff and left.

maybe i should try that method next time.

Seriously if i am interested in buying any thing from him, his comments of beating the person up actually turn me off... If I really need to buy from him, I might need to hire 2 bodyguard to clear the deal.

But I can see he actually repost again and also amend his text. Maybe he know that he is wrong saying those stuff...

could be posted out of anger after the last buyer bailed out

there was once, I selling a lens, met up with potential buyer, found my lens have some fungus, so I decide not to sell at that time since I find it is not right even I didn't aware.

so I sent the lens to Nikon, paid the cleaning fee, put the lens on sale again, at the same price like last time.

the same guy call up, said since the lens has already send for clearing, can sell him cheaper or not???

what will you do??

there was once, I selling a lens, met up with potential buyer, found my lens have some fungus, so I decide not to sell at that time since I find it is not right even I didn't aware.

so I sent the lens to Nikon, paid the cleaning fee, put the lens on sale again, at the same price like last time.

the same guy call up, said since the lens has already send for clearing, can sell him cheaper or not???

what will you do??

next buyer please... :bsmilie:

Its a free market. If you want fixed price, buy retail. If you want cheap, go to B&S section and try your luck. Photography is never cheap, but that being said, doesn't mean one should gve attitude. Free Market works both way, there's no guarentee that the stuff I buy from others is 100% functional after the deal. Lens still not so bad, but buying a body or Flash, previous user might claim under 10,000 click but in reality, could be 100,000 clicks.

Initially B&S section started pretty ok. People were happily dealing and buying. But the black sheeps are really spoiling the market. Everybody want cheap and good price, but that being said really depend on your luck loh.
I don't think there's a need to spam his in-box. He's wrong to do that, and it will be wrong to spam. We are all adults who should know how to behave better, and more responsible.

My purpose of highlighting his thread and this particular member, is to highlight his case to the CSER community and MODs of such. I was informed, the MOD already warned him on this post. If all of us, play a part to help monitor postings and take the necessary step, its already the 1st positive step to cleaning up Clubsnap. MODs can't eyeball all posting 24/7 but all other members, including us can help, where possible.

Spread the word people.....Spread the word....and help make Clubsnap even better.

many time I sell thing cheap cheap, just want to get rid it fast... end up some people buy my stuffs and reselling for profits.

anyway, hack care lar, if they able to make profit out for it, so be it.

Its a free market. If you want fixed price, buy retail. If you want cheap, go to B&S section and try your luck. Photography is never cheap, but that being said, doesn't mean one should gve attitude. Free Market works both way, there's no guarentee that the stuff I buy from others is 100% functional after the deal. Lens still not so bad, but buying a body or Flash, previous user might claim under 10,000 click but in reality, could be 100,000 clicks.

Initially B&S section started pretty ok. People were happily dealing and buying. But the black sheeps are really spoiling the market. Everybody want cheap and good price, but that being said really depend on your luck loh.
I don't think there's a need to spam his in-box. He's wrong to do that, and it will be wrong to spam. We are all adults who should know how to behave better, and more responsible.

My purpose of highlighting his thread and this particular member, is to highlight his case to the CSER community and MODs of such. I was informed, the MOD already warned him on this post. If all of us, play a part to help monitor postings and take the necessary step, its already the 1st positive step to cleaning up Clubsnap. MODs can't eyeball all posting 24/7 but all other members, including us can help, where possible.

Spread the word people.....Spread the word....and help make Clubsnap even better.
yes, the choice of words of the seller is inapportprate, and spamming his PM is immature too.

btw, you can report bad post by clicking the small triangle sign with red borders...

As a seller, if you really want to sell to ur buyer without question asked, I suggest put it at fixed price unless there still room for negotiate. Importantly , if possible post the image of ur products and the period of being used. So whoever buyer who interested will look at the post and judge by the image given. I think by this way you will not being annoyed by those irritating question and also ridiculous price bidding. Unless if you want to make some profit out of it.

Honestly people here are not stupid they can always check the margin price from other sources.

to the TS, if you are offended by his post

1. if you want a discussion on the subject, please post in the FAQ and feedback forum
2. if you want to report this post, please use the report bad post feature (triangle icon)

Thread moved from

General, Reviews, Tech Talk
Share tips & tricks, techniques, general photography chat.

Im very much agree on this :thumbsup:
Be mature enough and mind your own business :nono:

just a small example. this lady wanted to buy two rolls of expired film from me. in my advert, i stated clearly the collection point is at redhill and no exceptions to it. she wanted me to bring it to her home in jurong west. my selling price is $2.50 per roll. needless to say the deal was off. people just don't read the advert properly. it wasn't even in fine print (like 2pt size).

i a bit scared liao whenever got any lady buyers bid for my stuff...i rather they go buy 1st hand instead if they are scared of meeting up or feel that they might get conned.
nobody deliver kit lens to the buyer location one.
besides i'm selling at a loss somemore...doesnt make sense to travel.

:bsmilie::bsmilie: very cute...

We should actually have a negative karma system. Mark those bad sellers/buyers so that everyone can be aware of it. Something like the e-bay rating system.

what will you do??

If i'm you, i'll tell him to go fly his kite from his window. I'm not even charging him for the cleaning price.

As a buyer, I will thank you for your selling integrity and if i am still interested,i'll buy at the original agreed price. :)

recently there seems to be quite a few post like this not just in buy/sell, other sub forums too- posts that serves no true purposes but to provoke ppl into posting angry or challenging replies. seem to be post by new comers i realy doubt their true purpose in the post is sincere and costructive.

The member who posted the offending ad has been given an infraction and the thread has been deleted.

The case is considered closed and this threrad is hereby closed also.

Status
Not open for further replies.