OEM or Original Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

itisnottheend

Jan 10, 2005
Hi greetings to all Nikonians from a new D70 user.

though this may have been raised/discussed prior, interested to get a spare battery..but can anyone verify the OEM's performance vs the Original one?..Wheres the best price for the Original one now?

concerned if using a third-party batt, may hit warranty if it ever reacts adversely.. :think:

thks

EG 1700 at $29 so far so good. :cool:

alan photo got a cheaper price for OEM battery
Check out AP at Sim LIM i got mine cheaper than $29

Have shot about 3K shots with EG's new 1700mAH Jap cells, i bought 2 of them. Used to be quite sceptical about them with the all horror stories abound (perhaps with the older cells). Now no problem....my 3 original batts in the bag for backup.

They recharge very well with the Nikon charger. Did 2 weddings and a 9-hour event with it, there was no need to change the battery even with LCD review on and chimping, so the claimed capacity is good.

Shot an entire day wedding, morning + tea ceremony + church + reception, over 800 shots on a single EG 1700.

I feel that it lasts longer than the original.

Zerstorer said:
I feel that it lasts longer than the original.
Same thoughts here.

Maybe one day i just might do a side-by-side test, clip both to light bulbs and test for extended current draw. But only have 12V 10W halogen bulbs leh.... 7.2V though them should load them to be ard 6-7W....anyway the exact figure is not too important.

The voltage for EG and original batt for both freshly charged and steady state is the same.

If i knew....should have got EG1700 instead...just got the original yesterday at 80 bucks......cause advised by many that OEM might not be too good for the camera and also that it doesnt last as long...

Maybe my next batt go for EG1700....

2100 said:
Have shot about 3K shots with EG's new 1700mAH Jap cells, i bought 2 of them. Used to be quite sceptical about them with the all horror stories abound (perhaps with the older cells). Now no problem....my 3 original batts in the bag for backup.

They recharge very well with the Nikon charger. Did 2 weddings and a 9-hour event with it, there was no need to change the battery even with LCD review on and chimping, so the claimed capacity is good.
3k on a single charge? :bigeyes:

I am using East Gear batt too and used them on many weddings already and so far, they are GOOD! :thumbsup:

hi thanks for the all comments...does anyone else here like to contribute to actual user experience...like the 3k one charge..any other counts or dis-counts (not up expectation, knitty issues etc) for the matter?

quekky said:
3k on a single charge? :bigeyes:
Nope....i mean I have shot about 3K worth of pics on the EG batts, multiple charges. :sweat: Just to report nothing unusual. Still no chance to shoot so many at 1 go.

It's quite difficult to really quantify the number shots if you chimp/review no matter how little. I once got 1.6K worth on a single charge with the original batt for 2 days worth of shooting (2 days F1 and birding) as I was shooting a lot in burst (ie very little review as i will half-press to cancel after stopping). I minused off the file numbering of the last pic to the first pic and had to double check that it really was 1.6K. :sweat:

The EG1700 uses Sanyo cells, and Sanyo is the world's leading rechargable cell maker. Their OEM cells are used in rebranded batteries by companies such as Sony. Who knows, the original Nikon batteries may use Sanyo cells. My point is, there should be nothing wrong with using the OEM batteries, so long the voltage and current match the original batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.