Ode to the Officers of our Singapore Armed Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said, cos I learn how to keng, how to cao kuan, how to siam arrows and play tai chi there.

Those are very vital survivor skills as well in the real world :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

Took sometimes to read through the 6-7 pages of this thread. Compared to most other local fora, the discussion abt NS here is more matured, though there are differing opinions. This reflects the majority type of CSers we have here.

My view about keng kings:
For anyone who kengs, his action will most of the time cause at least another one, be it his buddy, his platoon mate or his colleague, to suffer. I won't go to war with this type of pple. And if I have to, I won't risk my life for them.

You mean kengsters.

Took sometimes to read through the 6-7 pages of this thread. Compared to most other local fora, the discussion abt NS here is more matured, though there are differing opinions. This reflects the majority type of CSers we have here.

For anyone who kengs, his action will most of the time cause at least another one, be it his buddy, his platoon mate or his colleague, to suffer. I won't go to war with this type of pple. And if I have to, I won't risk my life for them.

When I'm bored, I write articles, hahaha... Anyone has writing jobs for me? :p

good writers must be objective.

Anyway, it's just a personal view of mine..but if i have a choice i will not want my son to serve NS. Yes, boy become men there but patriotism aside, it's really unfair to Singaporean boys.

1. you lag TWO bloody years behind your Malaysia PR friend. Singapore government subsidies them to study, they come out and compete for jobs with you and THEY COMPLAIN WHEN YOUR SALARY IS $150 HIGHER THAN THEM. Totally disgusted.

2. Your boss gives that dream project u want to do to someone b/c you got reservist for ONE BLOODY MONTH.

3. two years is really a hell'uva time to be taken away. Our education system is already slow with a redundant A level system, an university curriculum that is way too long and inflexible and government still want us to have more kids...By the time we graduate, we are already 25-26....With HDB flats that sell for 500K....can you imagine the kind of stress ??

4. Oh yes, i do have a fantastic $1.5K rebate off my taxable income due to having served NS. FANTASTIC....it work out to about $50/yr...MIGHT AS WELL DUN GIVE?

5. Still it has taken them bloody long when PM came up with " oh , we think we need to make the difference between PR and citizen sharper " recently....Have you guys been sticking your head in the sand for the last 10 years ignoring the problem hoping it will go away?

It's really sad. Singapore is not bad a place to live in. I feel safe, my taxes are low...but, i feel that i am better off being a malaysian who come to singapore to study and work instead. I earn 5K here, go back JB become 12K...oh, and that gov let me study for 5K/year as uni school fees ( way cheap, you cannot find this ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD) ...infact, IF i cannot find a job, they will even try to match me up with some job.oh yes, I DUN HAVE TO SERVE NS.

which is why i am apply for Auzzie PR.

I think i am not alone in feeling this frustration. This country treat foreigners better than their own sons in a bid to attract what they call talents.... Come on, i scored my 4As in A level, what are you trying to do to retain me? With a $50 yearly tax rebate + taking away 2 years of my time? I can't even defer my NS to purse my interest.....

I dun buy into the having talent will create more job crap. Firstly, if the man is truly such a talent, you think that if you attract him to come here, he will not be attracted to somewhere else more favorable ?? ( EVERYwhere will seem favorable if his son dun have to do NS....lol)

good writers being objective.. not necessarily. i prefer writers with a solid point of view as opposed to the wishy washy ones that seem to enjoy sitting on fence for everything.

what is important is that a clear thought process has to be seen... here....... well, can write for new paper.. or some other tabloid.. perhaps.

lol don't worry even those who keng won't be in the same unit as you...cause once downgraded, most likely will post out to non-front line units.

once received L9 status, they won't be deployed out field anymore.

Last edited:
lol don't worry even those who keng won't be in the same unit as you...cause once downgraded, most likely will post out to non-front line units.

once received L9 status, they won't be deployed out field anymore.

So you implying all those downgraded keng lah ;)

not true about the L9 deployment, the units, or at least the ones I know, will "quietly" send the L9s out field. If they don't complain, then the units will act blur ..... not enough manpower.

What makes you think that those who don't keng will?

Will this come to an end already? hahahaha. 7 pages long! Anyway I think we all have our own opinions about the armed forces.

Whether we like it or not, it is here to stay.

Will this come to an end already? hahahaha. 7 pages long! Anyway I think we all have our own opinions about the armed forces.

Whether we like it or not, it is here to stay.

A lot of things are here to stay whether we like it or not.

You want this thread to end?? You close it lor.

good writers must be objective.

Anyway, it's just a personal view of mine..but if i have a choice i will not want my son to serve NS. Yes, boy become men there but patriotism aside, it's really unfair to Singaporean boys.

1. you lag TWO bloody years behind your Malaysia PR friend. Singapore government subsidies them to study, they come out and compete for jobs with you and THEY COMPLAIN WHEN YOUR SALARY IS $150 HIGHER THAN THEM. Totally disgusted.

2. Your boss gives that dream project u want to do to someone b/c you got reservist for ONE BLOODY MONTH.

3. two years is really a hell'uva time to be taken away. Our education system is already slow with a redundant A level system, an university curriculum that is way too long and inflexible and government still want us to have more kids...By the time we graduate, we are already 25-26....With HDB flats that sell for 500K....can you imagine the kind of stress ??

4. Oh yes, i do have a fantastic $1.5K rebate off my taxable income due to having served NS. FANTASTIC....it work out to about $50/yr...MIGHT AS WELL DUN GIVE?

5. Still it has taken them bloody long when PM came up with " oh , we think we need to make the difference between PR and citizen sharper " recently....Have you guys been sticking your head in the sand for the last 10 years ignoring the problem hoping it will go away?

It's really sad. Singapore is not bad a place to live in. I feel safe, my taxes are low...but, i feel that i am better off being a malaysian who come to singapore to study and work instead. I earn 5K here, go back JB become 12K...oh, and that gov let me study for 5K/year as uni school fees ( way cheap, you cannot find this ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD) ...infact, IF i cannot find a job, they will even try to match me up with some job.oh yes, I DUN HAVE TO SERVE NS.

which is why i am apply for Auzzie PR.

I think i am not alone in feeling this frustration. This country treat foreigners better than their own sons in a bid to attract what they call talents.... Come on, i scored my 4As in A level, what are you trying to do to retain me? With a $50 yearly tax rebate + taking away 2 years of my time? I can't even defer my NS to purse my interest.....

I dun buy into the having talent will create more job crap. Firstly, if the man is truly such a talent, you think that if you attract him to come here, he will not be attracted to somewhere else more favorable ?? ( EVERYwhere will seem favorable if his son dun have to do NS....lol)

You do have a choice.

And I believe you have already exercised your right to choose.

So you implying all those downgraded keng lah ;)

not true about the L9 deployment, the units, or at least the ones I know, will "quietly" send the L9s out field. If they don't complain, then the units will act blur ..... not enough manpower.

thankfully navy units don't do that...the L9 ppl i know from navy either has no NS posting letter or are posted to changi as clerks.

i also downgrade but there are also ppl who say i keng, most importantly is i still got my MRI report from AH.
once i had enough of ict, then is time to make a trip down to glenn eagles with my MRI report from AH.

i don't have to take ippt but i still got to attend ict while my C1 friends have to take ippt but no NS posting...that's really something i don't understand :dunno:

Last edited:
how can i be in MR when i'm only into 2nd year of my ict ?
MR isn't when you complete all ict cycles (7 high key/3 low key) or certified pes E before ord from ns?
paiseh typo..i meant maybe ur frens are MR so no NS posting yet?

my batch people who have ORDed recently were all posted to MR first, then to a NS unit..not necessarily PES E

paiseh typo..i meant maybe ur frens are MR so no NS posting yet?

my batch people who have ORDed recently were all posted to MR first, then to a NS unit..not necessarily PES E

pes E ppl who rod after NS, don't they belong to MR ?

my C1 friends with no NS posting after ord are classified under "pending" status and their credits in the 11b frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.