October2012 Pentax/Ricoh outing: any suggestion?

Just saw from the newspaper this year they have a tortise built over the bridge for the "bridge crossing" ceremony.

Yes Bro, really big one this time, Just guess. below is the entrance of the bridge. is 1.5m wide.
IMGP5841.jpg

This is quite a nice place for big group shooting," Long Nam Tien" previously from Eunos,
they held this event this yr at their new temple in jalan kayu.

Best thing is, they do provide free shutter bus service from eunos mrt station to jalan kayu for this time round.

You guys may consider for our next outing.

Last edited:
Im setting off to jalan kayu " Long nam tien " later, hopefully can catch some intresting shots there.

Aiya! I recee there just now before evening.
Seems like they are very big and have lots of sedan chairs for the procession.
But I opted to go to the ChongPang temple for convenience.
If I knew you were going Long Nam Tien, I would have traveled there instead.

Long Nam Tien will have a procession on Sunday at about 10am (returning at night from neighbouring temples)
ChongPang Temple will also have events over the weekend, but highlight seems to be that on Tues night from 7pm, they will 'return the gods' and that takes place at Sembawang beach.
Not on our map or schedules, but just info for those interested.

Aiya! I recee there just now before evening.
Seems like they are very big and have lots of sedan chairs for the procession.
But I opted to go to the ChongPang temple for convenience.
If I knew you were going Long Nam Tien, I would have traveled there instead.

Long Nam Tien will have a procession on Sunday at about 10am (returning at night from neighbouring temples)
ChongPang Temple will also have events over the weekend, but highlight seems to be that on Tues night from 7pm, they will 'return the gods' and that takes place at Sembawang beach.
Not on our map or schedules, but just info for those interested.

for the outing are we going to the temple or the beach? cause last sunday, i visited dou mu gong at teck whye lane, nothing much happening at the temple, only dragon/lion dance performace, in the end didn't follow them to tuas.

for the outing are we going to the temple or the beach? cause last sunday, i visited dou mu gong at teck whye lane, nothing much happening at the temple, only dragon/lion dance performace, in the end didn't follow them to tuas.

Sorry for the misleading info.
The info I mentioned is more for info only.
Those timings won't be on Sat, so we can't go to those anyway

I will make a personal trip to ChongPang temple for tues though.

Some shots from yesterday to whet everyone's appetites for this Sat. ;)

8095458869_2772dd61a3_c.jpg

8095465052_b3c1a13e52_c.jpg

The "Shi Zi Chun" (Four Seasons of Spring) opera troupe - interestingly, its an all women troupe.
they move on to another temple in Hougang after tonight's performance.

8095465632_dfbae723cb_c.jpg

Some shots from yesterday to whet everyone's appetites for this Sat. ;)

8095458869_2772dd61a3_c.jpg

something out of the ordinary garden, beach, street and landscape shoot. thanks JK for the "intro" and these teasing shots.