observations of buy/sell behaviors

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm: you ought to just put that stupid buyer's hand phone out in public.

-------------
I prefer to do things this way.
ie: similar to ebay.

As the seller
a) declare a minimum bid price and a reserve price.
b) you are obligated to sell once the reserve price is met
c) declare an end date within a reasonable time frame once reserve price is met.
d) you sell to the person who meets your reserve price or the highest bidder whoever is higher.
e) if reserve price is not met, seller can decide to contact highest bidder anyway, but in this instance highest bidder is not obligated to buy.

as the buyer
a) do your research and guage the market value.
b) watch the thread and bid accordingly. ie: do not post a super low bid and expect to get the item, *unless you bid at the reserve price and no one else interested*
c) buyers are not obligated to buy if the condition of the item is not as stated, since its caveat emptor be sure of it.
d) buyers should not play play and anyhow bid just to jack up the sell price of the item or just being annoying. we should ban such people for abuse if they always do such things.

Meeting:
a) arrange a place to meet. ideally you must meet and complete the transaction under 1 week.
b) for large items, seller is more obligated to meet halfway.. (ie: seller compromise more). town/orchard/cityhall is always a good neutral location.. after all, what would the seller do if the buyer fly kite...

Seller info:
never sell item if buyer attempts to change the condition of the sale
a) its not fair to the second highest bidder
b) these people are not trustworthy, why do them the favor. (*unless you're trying to clear the item fast*)

Buyer info
a) check item to make sure all is at it should be
b) check if item is stolen. *ie: dirt cheap pricing, seller is a total noob at photography but is selling a 1D mk2, receipts etc*

Yups... pls put donw his nick!
This kinda ppl is the one whom to avoid at ALL COST! I will not want to meet this kinda ppl...
Doesnt mean I havent met this kinda attitude before tho :S:S

Personally, i don't think that putting down their nick or maybe even their handphone no will help. Just change the nick or handphone no and he/she will start afresh again!

i think the best way is to bring along your digital camera when u transact.. if the fella don't pay in full or own u some items or things like that, take a pic of him/her!! tell him/her that the pic is just for preventing this kinda of situation to happen.. will delete once the transaction is done.. if something unpleasant happened, post his/her pic! well, he/she can by all means go for plastic surgery.. if that's the case, LPPL lor :p

Dennis said:
Wah, actually I think you should at least put his nick man. Hope I don't meet people like that.

Putting his nick down will do nothing. He can always registered under another nick. How about we appoint someone who can maintain a blacklist for us? We provide the information. How the case can be verified is another question.

HAhahha...we can always give it a name like:

PACT: Photographers Against Chaotic Transactions

aiyah, now i am so fed up... i only sell when they self collect near my place. So i can walk away if no show or they try and bargain. Damn pissed when kanna put aeroplane when you already went out.

Paesonally I will not deal via post. It's cash and carry. And if you agree on a certain price but ask for a discount when we meet I will just walk away. No point in arguing. Generally people in CS are sincere buyesr and sellers but I guess in any online Buy/Sell deal like Yahoo, CS or Hardwarezone you will meet one of these ugly buyer/seller. It's juts a matter of time. But hey look on the brighter side, it will make you more experience in handling the deal. I used to do money transfer, discount after we meet etc but now it's strictly pay and buy or buy somewhere else. I am not like this but was made this way after years of online buying/selling.

correct. always walk away from a bad deal or a bad customer..

otherwise you're just giving them reason to persist with their bad behaviour *likewise do not buy from spammers*
------------------

:( think some of u guys here abit too petty, just a simply low amount y make a big fire out of it? sometimes, u maybe rich but sometimes others maybe poor... so u will never know in future u will in wat state.. so if u r the one who kana scold and said next time, wat will u feel? so if I were u, i will let the matter rest and dun keep blood over it, be happy and live will not be so miserable... ;p

Take care and hope u u ppl dun be so petty next time.. :confused:

alloy said:
Wah lao wat the hell man. The buyer that owe me money actually replied my sms after dunno how long and ask me to help him find a good condition 2nd hand dry cabinet before he is gonna pay me the $20 he owe me in the first place. This is really insane man!!! Kaoz, i really dunno wat kind of erson he is man.!!!! Siao, really feel like putting his name and contact out to all the forumers so that u guys can avoid him if possible. Lousy lousy attitude man. Dont even know why i bother sms-ing him so many times to reply his rubbish. Kaoz :angry:

You should have embarrassed him in public and make sure he does not repeat it again. Wasn't a good idea to sell to him in the place since he wasn't sincere, can't be too soft towards this kind of people.

coolzzz said:
:( think some of u guys here abit too petty, just a simply low amount y make a big fire out of it? sometimes, u maybe rich but sometimes others maybe poor... so u will never know in future u will in wat state.. so if u r the one who kana scold and said next time, wat will u feel? so if I were u, i will let the matter rest and dun keep blood over it, be happy and live will not be so miserable... ;p

It's not about the money. It's about the attitude and the behavior of the people behind it. Alloy's case is a good example, that guy got what he wanted in the first place and now he is repeating his tricks and being a prick. If you have been cheated before like this, you wouldn't be saying all this. try putting yourself in Alloy's shoes and you will understand. I experienced the same thing before.

:confused: Think u got ur point, but if someone who is rich enough like some of u guys, he will not probability do that. Or maybe he may also be the victim instead of alloy, so y u guys keep thinking for alloy and angry over that innocent guy... Ya, we shouldn't just listen to one person and do the judging.. we must think both ways... don't be a fool who look read a book by it cover.... so be positive and dun be so blur...

Anyway, I think that guy maybe innocent and maybe is alloy who tricked him and that's y he dun like to pay up even it's just a $20, to me is only a small amount and i really dun understand y he can't pay.. so it's may not be : he dun wanna pay, is becoz of something else maybe...

Think ...... :dunno:

i got bad experience too. just recently. was supposed to meet the buyer for my F65 Nikon body. 15 min just before the deal, sms came. "sorry, kinda of last min, but i m stuck wif a client, can we transact on another day?" When the specific day came, sms the buyer if the deal is still on, no reply, nothing at all, just vanish. then suddenly his so called fren sms me, said interested in the camera at a lower price and the original buyer not interested anymore. so wat can i do? din want to go thru the agony one more time and got to sell at a lower price. :confused:

coolzzz said:
:confused: Think u got ur point, but if someone who is rich enough like some of u guys, he will not probability do that. Or maybe he may also be the victim instead of alloy, so y u guys keep thinking for alloy and angry over that innocent guy... Ya, we shouldn't just listen to one person and do the judging.. we must think both ways... don't be a fool who look read a book by it cover.... so be positive and dun be so blur...

Anyway, I think that guy maybe innocent and maybe is alloy who tricked him and that's y he dun like to pay up even it's just a $20, to me is only a small amount and i really dun understand y he can't pay.. so it's may not be : he dun wanna pay, is becoz of something else maybe...

Think ...... :dunno:

It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor. Either situation doesn't excuse anyone from parting with the basic principles of being a sane individual in society. It's very simple really. Two parties agree on something, and follow through with it. Unfortunately, such ideal situations don't always exist. As far as Alloy's case is concerned, Alloy is the victim here according to his personal account of events. I'm not saying that either part is at fault, but until we get the story from the other person, then it stands the way it is.

There is no denying that scum exists on every corner of this earth, and if we continue to shy away from that fact, then we are certainly not making any positive contributions whatsoever.

As far as a blacklist goes, there are certainly lots of loopholes that have to be considered before enforcing something like that. Like i said, both parties have to be heard before concluding anything. The point of this thread is just plain and simple protection of buyers AND sellers alike. Not a matter of how the rich can bully the poor. In all honesty, you have to pay to play; if you can't, then don't. Freedom of choice. I'm not looking down on anyone here, but nobody's forcing anyone's hand either.

well... ya, i agree.. but still i personally think it's ridiculous and not possible that anyone will not pay such a small amount... think something fishy out there... don't u think so? if u try to put yourself into the other party and think, don't u think is not fair to talk bad about the other party here and spoilt their reputation... For example..

If i hate u, but then i use other person nick and mention how bad he is... but actually, he is not the one who is bad and suddenly get blacklisted... don't u think is rather not fair? rite? so I think blacklist nad all those thing about how other get cheated or wat should be post here.... at least they should keep to themselve and stop gossip ard... not really good rite? since we are the one who not really understand the whole story inside... as a outsider, i personally think we shouldn't involve in their conflict and stop giving comment that may not really relevant. So instead of giving comment, we shall listen and keep to ourselve and be careful next time.. and if anyone who happen to blacklist the other party... it maybe not true that that innocent party if the one... so better trust yourself then to listen to others... rite? :sweat:

coolzzz said:
well... ya, i agree.. but still i personally think it's ridiculous and not possible that anyone will not pay such a small amount... think something fishy out there... don't u think so? if u try to put yourself into the other party and think, don't u think is not fair to talk bad about the other party here and spoilt their reputation... For example..

If i hate u, but then i use other person nick and mention how bad he is... but actually, he is not the one who is bad and suddenly get blacklisted... don't u think is rather not fair? rite? so I think blacklist nad all those thing about how other get cheated or wat should be post here.... at least they should keep to themselve and stop gossip ard... not really good rite? since we are the one who not really understand the whole story inside... as a outsider, i personally think we shouldn't involve in their conflict and stop giving comment that may not really relevant. So instead of giving comment, we shall listen and keep to ourselve and be careful next time.. and if anyone who happen to blacklist the other party... it maybe not true that that innocent party if the one... so better trust yourself then to listen to others... rite? :sweat:

yah and i think you have a hidden agenda too.

coolzzz said:

Think there is nothing to do with rich or poor, but integrity. If you have agreed to a price, then stick onto it. I don't know about anyone, but I did had a sale once when the buyer wanted a $100 discount from a $400 item saying he need the item for a night's event and wanted it quick so he want to get mine, but he is not willing to pay $400 bucks for a secondhanded item. So I just tell him, fine, you go to cathay to buy a new one for >$1000. Then he said something like since I am there already might as well give in to him and sell the item at his price, he is even willing to "take a step back" and "negotiate" , up his price by $10 or $15 more "but no more leeway" from him, and since he has "made is concession" I should show my appreciation by "taking a step back" as well. (now, who had agreed to a price initially and wanting to back now and I have to be the "bad person" not willing to "take a stop back"?). I just take my stuff and go to Konota to chat with Nelson ;).

I don't know whether I would be in the state to kana scold or not, but if I cannot afford the item, I would not buy it. If you are the seller, wat will U feel. I would not let the matter rest.

Btw next time when you have anything to sell, would you like to get a last minute discount request from the buyer? Put yourself onto other people shoes too.

By the way, I never seen you here before, are you having an hidden agenda, for example YOU ARE the person who owes polly his money and trying to save yourself by using a new nick? I notice that is a pretty new nick with 5 responses, with most on this thread only......

coolzzz said:

Oh please, there are all sorts of people in this world. Moreover, polly did not even publish his nick. If I hate that person, I would publish his nick here.

opps, it's alloy, not polly.... have to pardon me, I am quite dylesix, sometime cannot read a full word properly....

By the way, as I said, Alloy is a old time member here stretching from Nov 2002 ..... Coolzzz just joined this month ....... go figure......

coolzzz said:

Nope, other people's words are pretty good guide, especially if a lot of people said the same thing. With the background behind, it would be up to the person involved to judge if he / she wanted to trust the other party or not.

By the way, you does sounds like a person with a hidden agenda, don't mind share your hidden agenda? About the "ridiculous and not possible that anyone will not pay such a small amount" you had either not seen the world yet or you are just plain naive ....... There is one particular group of people who are famous for not paying .... whatever amount.

Just this afternoon, I had seen a member of that particular group of people bargaining with a DIY shop assistant over the price of a particular item... and he is arguing over $2 discount (hey, last I heard DIY shop works based on fixed price basis, or had they changed?)

Status
Not open for further replies.