objects against black

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkydonkey

May 29, 2006
Tried to creat a DIY studio...with 1 IKEA table lamp, 1 bicycle head lamp and 1 tail lamp(red highlights). Shot them without flash except for the MD player. Please C & C for lighting and how I could improve. Shot them to upload at shutterstock.

combi.jpg

no C & C on this one?? did i overshoot the rules or something?

funkydonkey said:
no C & C on this one?? did i overshoot the rules or something?

Damn professional. I like them a lot.

1. No contrast, the sides seem to blend with the background, and the bottom part totally gone...

2. distracting dust or dirt, can see lightsource and probably a barndoor or something. change angle of light would improve.

3. Uneven color on the shuttercock. most distracting than ever...

4. Top part can't see...

5. Object dusty, then illumination not even, OOF. and there is this 1 spot u did PS, then never do properly.

6. Too shallow DOF, lighting need improving.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
1. No contrast, the sides seem to blend with the background, and the bottom part totally gone...

2. distracting dust or dirt, can see lightsource and probably a barndoor or something. change angle of light would improve.

3. Uneven color on the shuttercock. most distracting than ever...

4. Top part can't see...

5. Object dusty, then illumination not even, OOF. and there is this 1 spot u did PS, then never do properly.

6. Too shallow DOF, lighting need improving.

Thanks for the feedback will work on it. :)

csisfun said:
Damn professional. I like them a lot.

Hope this is not a sarcastic comment :D. Dude this is way too far from professional. Surely needs lots of work. I never used any proper lights to set this up.

Some compositions could do with a completely even black background, use your levels slider to boost the blacks to get a nice even black background, same can be applied to a white, or any mono coloured background... works for some shots, but not all...

my own attempt (white however):

thecamera.jpg

Patryk said:
Some compositions could do with a completely even black background, use your levels slider to boost the blacks to get a nice even black background, same can be applied to a white, or any mono coloured background... works for some shots, but not all...

my own attempt (white however):

thecamera.jpg

Thanks for your input...when i saw the pictures i shot on my home pc's monitor the black was even...only when i checked it at my office pc i realise the black wasnt so. Will work on that ..thanks for the pointers.

Status
Not open for further replies.