O-ME53 Magnifying Eyecup for Pentax Digital SLR Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
fengwei, is the viewfinder frame coverage reduce with this eyepiece after magnification ?
I am thinking of getting this to help with focusing the P-M lenses... straining on my eyes when manual focusing.
Will it work on my K100D ? Thanks.

No, I don't see any loss of area or brightness after put this magnifier on. I can see the whole area as w/o it, including the infomation bar at the bottom :)

And yes, it'll work on your K100D.

Good luck getting one :D

I found a lobang for the O-ME53, it would be ~SGD$54, shipped from Japan.
I need 4 units mini-order to go... so 3 more people needed.

I will pay for all 4 units first, but I hope those intereseted can accommodate the following :
1. Wait for up to 10 days (? not sure yet... never ship from Japan)
2. Accommodate on meeting place and time (Tiong Bahru/Queenstown after office hours)

If you are interested, please put your nick here and PM me your HP.

Thanks.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babe...e.amazon.co.jp/mitsu-107-22/detail/B000ILZGPA
seems to say that it can be used on the following : K10D, K100D, *istDL2, DS2, DL, DS and D

Does anyone know if these DSLRs uses the same eyecup ? Thanks.

Yes, all Pentax dSLR cameras have the same eyecup size, although the K10D's eyepiece is abit different from all the rest. The O-ME53 works for all these cameras, and some film cameras as well :)

$54 is a pretty good price I'd say. I never took the O-ME53 off ever since the first day I put it on my K10D :cool:

Oh btw, I bought mine for s$50, but that's from a mass pre-order, took near a month for the delivery...

Hi snapnut, yup i am interested too.
PMed.

Thanks

Hi snapnut, yup i am interested too.
PMed.

Thanks

Noted.

O-ME53 mini-order :
1. snapnut
2. taopayoh123
3. Kin

1 more to go... :sweatsm:

Noted.

O-ME53 mini-order :
1. snapnut
2. taopayoh123
3. Kin

1 more to go... :sweatsm:

1 more? ohh.. ok, count me in too.
This will work for *ist D too, right?

I am keen to get it too

Yup, count me in.. I will have use for it. :)

thankz!

O-ME53 mini-order :
1. snapnut
2. taopayoh123
3. Kin
4. seafone
Okay... mini-order closed... ;p
I've proceeded with the order... will keep you people updated.
seafone, if you can pm me your HP... I'll SMS you any updates. Thanks.

appologies to
1. exiledbummer
2. eyespeek
I can oni take orders for 4... let me test water first to see if source is trustworthy, any problems or not etc.

Got my O-ME53, very nice and the magnification while is just a bit bigger, it does help in a big way. :D

how can i get this eyepiece

O-ME53 mini-order :
1. snapnut
2. taopayoh123
3. Kin
4. seafone
Okay... mini-order closed... ;p
I've proceeded with the order... will keep you people updated.
seafone, if you can pm me your HP... I'll SMS you any updates. Thanks.

appologies to
1. exiledbummer
2. eyespeek
I can oni take orders for 4... let me test water first to see if source is trustworthy, any problems or not etc.

Yo, how did your MO go?

Yo, how did your MO go?

yupz. the MO is good. I just got the eyecup this morning. Not too bad, but not a must have lah. Little bigger, as i never really notice much different on my *istD. For manual focusing use, I think I will look for a microprism focusing screen instead. SA-21? katzeye or what...

Oh... thanks snapnut for bringing in the Pentax eyecup!

cheers...

Got it from snapnut. A "big" view on a K10d. Good. Thanks to snapnut for organising the MO.

yupz. the MO is good. I just got the eyecup this morning. Not too bad, but not a must have lah. Little bigger, as i never really notice much different on my *istD. For manual focusing use, I think I will look for a microprism focusing screen instead. SA-21? katzeye or what...

Oh... thanks snapnut for bringing in the Pentax eyecup!

cheers...

No problem... win win situation for all... many thanks for sharing your experience on the P-M lenses :) . Nice DA lenses you have too ;p . I found the AE-L setting you talk about... no more guess work liao :sweatsm: ... spot on exposure.

I have to agree with you that the magnification is just slightly more. For my K100D, the improvement is more as your *istD already have a gorgeous viewfinder :lovegrin: .

For those are still looking for the O-ME53, I got the 4 units from www.amazon.co.jp. They do not send direct, they send to my vpost@japan account and vpost send it to me in Singapore. ~SGD$50/unit for this MO, and it took 16 days. Many thanks to this MO group for being patient and accommodating on the meeting time/place :D... hope you guys find the eyecup useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.