O-ME53 Magnifying Eyecup for Pentax Digital SLR Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the screen used from a friendly CSer and I believed he had the DS.

Installed it on my DL and it was a perfect fit. The center "o" being right in the center of the split screen.

When I installed on my K100D the "o" was slightly misaligned. Dunno if I **** up OR its just like that. Like I've said, minor annoyance for a whole lotta better view.

To install make sure you have a big rubber blower, plastic tweezer(can be bought from Sim Lim tower), pictorial instructions from DP review(gotta search for it), a clean environment and a bit of patience.

You'll need to lift and dislodge a metal frame from the tab and then the screen is free. Just do it carefully and slowly.

Opps! now the installation seem a bit harder, never mind, “未曾尝试,如何了解。” (how to understand if you don’t try), I will try. Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

Opps! now the installation seem a bit harder, never mind, “未曾尝试,如何了解。” (how to understand if you don’t try), I will try. Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

hello, i am using DL too... how is the split screen on your DL? does it affect af, exposure etc?

hello, i am using DL too... how is the split screen on your DL? does it affect af, exposure etc?

Hi lizzy,
I still a newbie here and I really don’t know how to answer your question.

With original Pentax focusing screen, my *ist DL AF and exposure metering sometime also didn’t performed well, with split image focusing screen, at least it helps a lot when using manual focus lens.

I did a quick test using my kit lens and I would say the AF still quite accurate under good lighting condition.

Here are some photos taken using my split image focusing *ist DL and Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4 prime lens this evening at Toa Poyoh Park, only resize for upload.

1)
IMGP3331.jpg

2)
IMGP3338.jpg

3)
IMGP3325.jpg

4)
IMGP3379.jpg

5)
IMGP3387.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.