nuphoto shop

Nathan Rein

Dec 11, 2014
hi guys, have you ever bought a dslr at nuphoto at orchard? hows the review?

This is a consumer's question. Moved to Consumer's corner.

Orchard area is tourist area. 1) Know exactly what you need. 2) Know the street price before you get closer to the shop. 3) Know the typical nego tactics of the shops. Good luck.

Nu Photo used to be an advertiser in ClubSNAP. I saw some of his offer items and the prices look very attractive. But I have never personally visited the shop. As with all shops, do exercise caution and do your homework before buying.

those who deal primarily with tourist better avoid. he may treat you as a tourist and chop you carrot head

Doing business in Orchard does not necessarily qualify them as tourist trap. As always, buyers should do their due diligence. Never bought anything from them though.

Doing business in Orchard does not necessarily qualify them as tourist trap. As always, buyers should do their due diligence. Never bought anything from them though.

Agree totally. There still some shops in the orchard area who are honest. Iphoto comes to mind.

One shouldn't jump to conclusions. Rather, do your homework, arm yourself with the right knowledge, and your chances of getting ripped off will greatly decrease.

Agree totally. There still some shops in the orchard area who are honest. Iphoto comes to mind.

One shouldn't jump to conclusions. Rather, do your homework, arm yourself with the right knowledge, and your chances of getting ripped off will greatly decrease.

why is Iphoto so special ?

why is Iphoto so special ?

I don't know why they are special, but they have been one of the stores well known with great pricing and service for many years, even when they are known as Lord's.

I don't know why they are special, but they have been one of the stores well known with great pricing and service for many years, even when they are known as Lord's.

In 2007,I was introduced to Lord's by a professional photographer who is active in Clubsnap where I bought my first DSLR, a Nikon D 80 with a Sigma lens.

It was only when I brought the lens to Sigma to correct a problem that I was told that it was a parallel import, a grey set.

I was not told of the status of the lens at the time of purchase and given the opportunity to accept or reject their offer.

Obviously, from then on, I have steered clear of them.

Honesty, I believe brings greater rewards.

In 2007,I was introduced to Lord's by a professional photographer who is active in Clubsnap where I bought my first DSLR, a Nikon D 80 with a Sigma lens.

It was only when I brought the lens to Sigma to correct a problem that I was told that it was a parallel import, a grey set.

I was not told of the status of the lens at the time of purchase and given the opportunity to accept or reject their offer.

Obviously, from then on, I have steered clear of them.

Honesty, I believe brings greater rewards.

That is good info. I only bought nikon stuff.from them and they are all warranty sets.

My friend recently bought a Pentax lens from Nu Photo and it is a warrantied set from local distributor. hey do have grey sets too if you enquire.

My friend recently bought a Pentax lens from Nu Photo and it is a warrantied set from local distributor. hey do have grey sets too if you enquire.

Buy is can buy. Just be careful and make sure customer pay for what he getting

I just had bad experience at nu photo. did not get cheated, but their sales practice is questionable. One of their staff posted a camera in carousell at $580, i enquired everything from include gst to availabilty of stocks. then when making my way down, the staff (name start with W) told me no stock must order, and then change price in carousell to $599 and tell me new stock means new price. Since i already almost reach, i just went in to see the face of this guy that flipflop like roti prata chef. He still insist is now $599 so we did not deal, not really because of $19 but more because I dont trust such sellers. wasted trip, lesson learnt.

Got no problems with anything I buy from nuphoto, if there's anything local warranty doesn't offer they ship back to service for you. Got my sigma 70mm macro and pentax 1.4 wr tc from them, no problem or whatever and the teleconverter I got is even cheaper than Amazon.

I would like to comment on NuPhoto. Their services are in tip top condition. They are not the guys who chop heads or cheats. They are mainly like a normal shop that sells camera stuff.

Bought stuff from them with no problems at all. You can even ask them to test the product if it is available.

Prices are reasonable and i got my evf at a lower piced. Brand new. they do provide freebies too now and then when there is a promo.

Do check it out :) won't regret.