Ntu Photography Club?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmmm...

I'm more concerned whether there's CCA pts being awarded as a subcomm... :)

:bsmilie: whys that so impt? staying hall ah :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Well, because for record purposes mah. :D

As for outings, I can meet up with so many good people on this forum, why limit yourself to such a small group of photographers?

As for paying $25 as member, just ask the maincomm when they're free, bring you to use darkroom lor. Why so serious?

Well, because for record purposes mah. :D

As for outings, I can meet up with so many good people on this forum, why limit yourself to such a small group of photographers?

As for paying $25 as member, just ask the maincomm when they're free, bring you to use darkroom lor. Why so serious?

you wait loh :bsmilie::bsmilie:

the main comm isn't half interested to reply here though i know they are reading this ;p

$25 can eat lunch and dinner at can B for 1 wk sia!!

btw to cchsieh i would like to know too what sort of experience and valuable knowledge in the darkroom does this active alumnni who possessed? Are you implying the current batch aren't competent enough to conduct the darkroom course? if so, they have been short changed.

I guess we are just concern member to where the club is heading. Some are sub comm and most of us members! I look forward to the main comm's favorable reply!!

to cookieMonsta:
sorry that i sounds defensive,however there is no exaggeration/untrue in all my statements. All the activities are on going and being done by the club.If you have suggestions and feedbacks. Please email to the club. Feedback in forum is not direct and takes time to get through.

to bigbird17: not everyone is reading the Kopitiam part on cs everyday,so there might be a lag in reply.
For the valuable knowledge that you eager to know, its all about the enlargers and timers maintainance in the darkroom ie, troubleshoot, fix and modify. Darkrooms equipments hard to find nowadays.This also applys to the servicing.
Most of our darkroom course conductors only know how to operate and use but do not know 100% how to fix it.
As for the montage event, sorry for the last minute email, but the club sent a simillar email notification 1-2 weeks before event and the response wasnt fantastic.
If you think the club is going down hill, email/propose your solutions and instead letting go down.

to chikubang :
This sem b&w workshop only offered those who were rejected for last sem workshop and we cant take in more in this sem. Sorry about this.

to tSkye:
Membership fee only $5/person/year.Darkroom course fee is not counted as membership fee.The course is not making profit in reality.Also, pvs darkroom opens to members.

to cookieMonsta:
sorry that i sounds defensive,however there is no exaggeration/untrue in all my statements. All the activities are on going and being done by the club.If you have suggestions and feedbacks. Please email to the club. Feedback in forum is not direct and takes time to get through.

to bigbird17: not everyone is reading the Kopitiam part on cs everyday,so there might be a lag in reply.
For the valuable knowledge that you eager to know, its all about the enlargers and timers maintainance in the darkroom ie, troubleshoot, fix and modify. Darkrooms equipments hard to find nowadays.This also applys to the servicing.
Most of our darkroom course conductors only know how to operate and use but do not know 100% how to fix it.
As for the montage event, sorry for the last minute email, but the club sent a simillar email notification 1-2 weeks before event and the response wasnt fantastic.
If you think the club is going down hill, email/propose your solutions and instead letting go down.

to chikubang :
This sem b&w workshop only offered those who were rejected for last sem workshop and we cant take in more in this sem. Sorry about this.

to tSkye:
Membership fee only $5/person/year.Darkroom course fee is not counted as membership fee.The course is not making profit in reality.Also, pvs darkroom opens to members.

There is always a reason why things happen. But what I am getting here is that the club doesnt think it's a problem at all even though members are here complaining. Some of the members (those not rejected for last sem workshop) do not know the existance of a b&w workshop! Imagine having a workshop not open to all the members. Do you think it's fair to the rest who paid the member fees and do not have any workshops to attend? This doesnt sound right.

I am utterly disappointed in this year's maincomm.

There is always a reason why things happen. But what I am getting here is that the club doesnt think it's a problem at all even though members are here complaining. Some of the members (those not rejected for last sem workshop) do not know the existance of a b&w workshop! Imagine having a workshop not open to all the members. Do you think it's fair to the rest who paid the member fees and do not have any workshops to attend? This doesnt sound right.

I am utterly disappointed in this year's maincomm.

I have to agree with chikubang & cookiemonsta on this. Excuses after excuses after excuses..

As for darkroom management if the current batch is NOT able to do the job it just shows how badly trained THIS senior was during his time in management. IMHO the club should stand on her own after all she has a long history so NO excuses for oh the current committee are not familiarize etc.

I was told there will be digital workshops and if i am not wrong a sub comm member actually email to the club seeking to conduct photoshop lesson but NO reply until the 2nd email was sent and the reply was We are busy with school. Not very nice to open a can of worms here BUT if it's already rotten one cant avoid worms.

I guess most of us here hopes the club pull up their socks and we'll see!!

to Main comm.. by far this is the WORST club i have joined to date with almost nil updates and the way the management is run!

my 0.1 cent worth!!!!

I want to point out 2 things:

1. CS is not the portal for you guys to debate issues internal to the NTU photography club.

2. We have a zero tolerance policy to members holding clone accounts. See post #4 in the following thread:
ClubSNAP's Terms of Use, Rules and Regulations

So Mr SesameStreet, good bye.

Thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.