NR: NIKON D5300 & D610!

ahaha, my friend working in Nikon refuse to tell me anything about this! (Even if he tell me i cant tell anyone, HAha!)
But he's not telling me anything.

Just told me Nikon is going to announce something soon, let's wait. It might be this, or might be some other items. But what we can expect is something new soon!

Your friend will put his job on the line if he told you anything.

If you're a good friend, you shouldn't pressure him to do it.

just a cosmetic upgrade, now much wow features.:)

Nikon D610 First Impressions Review

"The new D610 is a very minor upgrade to the D600, with just three new features. They include faster continuous shooting, a 'quiet continuous' mode, and an improved auto white balance system. The first two features are courtesy of a newly designed shutter mechanism."

"The D610 can now shoot at 6 fps, up from 5.5 fps on the D600. A new 'quiet continuous' mode shoots at 3 fps and, as its name implies, makes a lot less noise while doing so. Finally, the auto white balance system has been updated to produce more accurate color in artificial lighting, and more realistic skin tones."

Last edited:
Lovely :)

"The new D610 is a very minor upgrade to the D600, with just three new features. They include faster continuous shooting, a 'quiet continuous' mode, and an improved auto white balance system. The first two features are courtesy of a newly designed shutter mechanism."

"The D610 can now shoot at 6 fps, up from 5.5 fps on the D600. A new 'quiet continuous' mode shoots at 3 fps and, as its name implies, makes a lot less noise while doing so. Finally, the auto white balance system has been updated to produce more accurate color in artificial lighting, and more realistic skin tones."

The D610 also spots the same weather sealing as the D800 and that is good news.

The D800 survived -35 degrees C, snow, Ice and that's great news for those intending to own and intent to use the D610 in very adverse climate conditions.

The market now is for builtin GPS and wifi instead of add on.

Nikon could have added them in the new D610.

What? And make their optional Wi-Fi modules obsolete? :bsmilie:

Hahaha! Well, Nikon selected a modular system, which would mean that you can retain that one wifi module for all your future models. Maybe not too far into the future, but perhaps at least the next 3-5 years.

Lower cost per model, and the user is able to determine if he/she needs the added functionality.

Hahaha! Well, Nikon selected a modular system, which would mean that you can retain that one wifi module for all your future models. Maybe not too far into the future, but perhaps at least the next 3-5 years.

Lower cost per model, and the user is able to determine if he/she needs the added functionality.

It's not just regarding modular, but the restrictive usage of the modules, like from D600 WIFI to mobile devices using WU-1B, why cannot transfer to PC direct?

They just want to secure the D800/D4 with WT-5A and ensure that the D600 cannot achieve the same without spending that much. Kind of sucky I guess.

It's not just regarding modular, but the restrictive usage of the modules, like from D600 WIFI to mobile devices using WU-1B, why cannot transfer to PC direct?

They just want to secure the D800/D4 with WT-5A and ensure that the D600 cannot achieve the same without spending that much. Kind of sucky I guess.

True. I am not pleased with their wireless remote either. But I guess that's how manufacturers, with greater bargaining power, milk their customers.

True. I am not pleased with their wireless remote either. But I guess that's how manufacturers, with greater bargaining power, milk their customers.

I have the WU-1B and WT-4, a bit irked that they can't classify all the FFs into 1 series and have the accessories cross working, thought I can get the WU-1B working on the D600 to transfer to PC, but alas...

Looks like Eye-Fi is the only solution.

Problem here is that a PNS now have wifi and GPS.

Carrying the Nikon DSLR, we still have to deal with a bigger add on for the GPS and wifi module which makes it cumbersome to hold.

This D610 is such a minute upgrade.

Problem here is that a PNS now have wifi and GPS.

Carrying the Nikon DSLR, we still have to deal with a bigger add on for the GPS and wifi module which makes it cumbersome to hold.

This D610 is such a minute upgrade.

Upgrade to a problem that existed in D600?

I won't mind holding the WT-4 + D600, IF they allow it... they happily just tried creating WU-1A, 1B, next will be 1C... D....

Any d600 users going to upgrade to d610?

Any d600 users going to upgrade to d610?

Not an important thing to me. Important is to make money with it. No point ROI the D600 already then spend it on D610 and then work again another year or so to ROI the D610.

Most important thing, no free shutter change during warranty period or cleaning. :(

I think it would be pretty hard to justify upgrading to 610 given that there's nothing in there worth paying much for. Think it's gonna be tricky for nikon this time round. Plus, nobody knows for sure yet if 610 has similar dust issues. I do think it's near impossible to be dust free so we'll see how it goes