November In Hongkong

Status
Not open for further replies.
November will be getting cold and a bit too late for those autumn leafs. Perhaps you should wait for the spring which probably coming in Feb Mar

Read e-news today, there will be fireworks in HK on 1/10 (China's National Day) for about 23 minutes! :bigeyes: Cathay is having a ticket promo at S$398 for 2 pax, must travel by end of Oct though.

Amigo said:
Read e-news today, there will be fireworks in HK on 1/10 (China's National Day) for about 23 minutes! :bigeyes: Cathay is having a ticket promo at S$398 for 2 pax, must travel by end of Oct though.

yeah guess will have like 20-30 ppl up the 寶馬山 again

Cathay Pacific have $288 promotion + tax around $360
now the airport tax is so expensive .... damn
Think SIA also have this promotion, this 2 always fight one when one come out with new price promotion the other one will sure follow ...

Kim Dong Moon said:
No really have certain purpose ... just spend holiday, sight seeing and enjoy food .....

then anytime in the year should be good ...
or may be xmas is better for sight seeing cos there is many xman lighting decoration along the building by the victoria harbor

erm, NOV in HK shd be ok. been there in dec and could still walk around with T-shirt.(but dunno y the locals wrap themselves like ba-zhang)

panos of the view from victoria's peak is a must, also the harbour front.(something like one fullerton)

the night life is pretty vibrant and u can get some good shots i guess

try the dim sum, the roasted pig etc, wanton noodles, beef balls...

the food not so great lah, spore better!

erm, and check out the night markets!!!

if free can visit shenzhen(though must be careful of con men there!!!)

wainism said:
erm, NOV in HK shd be ok. been there in dec and could still walk around with T-shirt.(but dunno y the locals wrap themselves like ba-zhang)

panos of the view from victoria's peak is a must, also the harbour front.(something like one fullerton)

the night life is pretty vibrant and u can get some good shots i guess

try the dim sum, the roasted pig etc, wanton noodles, beef balls...

the food not so great lah, spore better!

erm, and check out the night markets!!!

if free can visit shenzhen(though must be careful of con men there!!!)

dunno i can stand the cold weather when i just go back from singapore for 2 weeks after that i will start to feel cold also ...... around the same temperture

actually i feel the view from victoria's peak is not the best
was behind all those building
bo ma shan( 寶馬山 ) is better but you will need to walk up instead of taking tram
take around 15 min to walk up from the nearest bus stop

There are no autumn leaves in HK, try further north like Japan. My last trip to HK back in 1989 was wearing T shirt and singlet.

How weather changes. ;)

Amigo said:
Care to tell me where the news is? I will be travelling on the 2nd Oct but if there is such occasion then might consider going earlier. Anyone got details?

Manfred Ng said:
Care to tell me where the news is? I will be travelling on the 2nd Oct but if there is such occasion then might consider going earlier. Anyone got details?

not sure where is the new but i know for sure there is firework on 1st oct
location is at victoria harbor ...
can view at many place and i feel one of the best place to view is tsim sa tsui and bo ma shan

Victoria Peak ain't too bad, you just have to know where to walk. See this link to know what I mean. Nov is an excellent time to travel to Hong Kong, just make sure that you bring along a jacket or something that you can easily remove. Shopping for new or used photography stuff is a must, but you will need to know where to get them from. See this link.

Sorry to ask, any good camera shops there u guys can recommand? :sweatsm:

Heard that the camera stuff price in HK cheaper than in S'pore.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.