Not sure what to do with all these lenses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineivre

May 27, 2008
bedok
My dad gave me a bunch of his old camera stuff and I'm not sure what to do with most of them now as I'm only using the 50mm lens..The lenses all haven't been cleaned except for the one I'm using.

There's:
Sun Tele-Auto 1:3.5 135mm
Vivitar Auto 3x Custom Tele-Converter
Auto Vivitar 1:4.5 250mm

Do you think I should try to sell them? Or should I send for cleaning and keep them hanging around just in case?

My dad gave me a bunch of his old camera stuff and I'm not sure what to do with most of them now as I'm only using the 50mm lens..The lenses all haven't been cleaned except for the one I'm using.

There's:
Sun Tele-Auto 1:3.5 135mm
Vivitar Auto 3x Custom Tele-Converter
Auto Vivitar 1:4.5 250mm

Do you think I should try to sell them? Or should I send for cleaning and keep them hanging around just in case?

to be honest, I dun think there is much value in them. If they still can be used, then go ahead and play around with them. But I wouldn't advise you to clean them or try to sell them for much..

Yea, I thought as much. Though if I don't clean them and still use them with the camera that's been cleaned, will the fungus spread to the camera?

Thanks for your input :)

Yea, I thought as much. Though if I don't clean them and still use them with the camera that's been cleaned, will the fungus spread to the camera?

Thanks for your input :)

Fungus spores are actually everywhere. The thing that will stop them would be to maintain the gear carefully in dry cabinets. OR use UV radiation to kill them. (but I do wonder at the ability of the UV protection of the lenses :think:)

so even with fungused items, you should be still able to use them. But remember to keep the camera in the dry cabinets afterwards.

:embrass: Oh yea hor, they're everywhere. Dry cabinet it is then!

Status
Not open for further replies.