Nostalgic Osaka Castle

NE clicks clicks

Dec 5, 2005
This was a photo that I had taken while on a trip to Japan. Love the impressive and nostalgic look of the castle.
Would like to hear from fellow members if this photo works in terms of the composition, the lighting and Sepia toning works in bringing out the magnificence of this famous old Japanese castle.
All commence are welcome:)

IMG_03471.jpg

IMO, the left roof top of the castle is cutoff and if can shift slightly to the left will be better. Castle looks slanted (left side higher), can consider straighten it. Pic looks tight, perhaps with more space will be better.

Last edited:
Bush at bottom looks out of place :sweatsm:

IMO, the left roof top of the castle is cutoff, perhaps if can shift slightly to the left will be better. Pic looks tight, perhaps with more space will be better.
Would have love to, but was restricted by a modern looking elevator that they had built over on the left for access into the castle interior.
Yah do agree that the pic looks tight on second thought. Thanks for pointing out.:)

Ha Ha... wait I will go get the shears .

Ha Ha... wait I will go get the shears .

that sounds like me.

"hey, i dun like that tree there. someone get me a lumberjack to chop it off"

*saws...*

"now that's better":bsmilie:

somehow it looks not contrasty. perhaps sepia wont be a good choice. ill take artificial noise addition+ bnw conversion for the old feel.:)

as for composition, it doesnt bring out the majestic feel of the building:think:

too bushy. post the original one here as well?