Northern Europe - Sweden Norway Denmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another picture for pastry lovers to drool!

This is a pastry shop in Copenhagen, Denmark. One of the largest and most comprehensive i ever seen. Not only it's a feast for the eyes, it's super delicious too! To buy something, one has to take a queue number.. It's a common practice across the Scandinavian countries.

cph_pas.jpg

And this is what i got for my tea time. It's 'Pandekage', and cost me S$5.50. Inside the crepe, it's pure CREAM :thumbsup: I never thought cream can be that nice. :bsmilie:

pandekage.jpg

behyx said:
Just browsed through some of my photos and i have 2 interesting ones to share with everybody..

And it's huge, approx 17in wide, quite rare they have such a big catch too! hehe :)

angler.jpg

hey, I also have one pic of this fish in the Bergen open market, some 5 minutes away from the YMCA (tugged at one corner/lane) which I stayed for around SGD$25 per night some years ago. Not sure if it is the same YMCA that you stayed but I reckon should be the same since Bergen is a little small town.

jasphotography said:
hey, I also have one pic of this fish in the Bergen open market, some 5 minutes away from the YMCA (tugged at one corner/lane) which I stayed for around SGD$25 per night some years ago. Not sure if it is the same YMCA that you stayed but I reckon should be the same since Bergen is a little small town.

Just to help you confirm, yes that's the only YMCA in Bergen. The most affordable and most central hostel in town. During winter, the super large dorm is closed, so i got to pay around S$30+ for a 6-bed dorm instead.

My sis was there a few month earlier than me, and she told me that the super large dorm consists of 40 beds (!!) I'm sure it'll be a great experience :bsmilie:

behyx said:
Just to help you confirm, yes that's the only YMCA in Bergen. The most affordable and most central hostel in town. During winter, the super large dorm is closed, so i got to pay around S$30+ for a 6-bed dorm instead.

wow, price then and now not much diff, way to go YMCA!!!
But then I believe summer rate (peak season) is more expensive than winter rate... which also explain why the super large dorm was closed.

behyx said:
My sis was there a few month earlier than me, and she told me that the super large dorm consists of 40 beds (!!) I'm sure it'll be a great experience :bsmilie:

40 beds with Orchestrated Night Symphony ... don't think it would be a great experience for me. :bsmilie:

beautiful photos behyx:) although like others have mentioned, including some people photos would be nice:)

Stunning...stunning....stunning! Well done. The closest we've been to anywhere near Scandenavia is....well...IKEA but your photos really makes me wanna hop on the next SAS flight to get there!

Excellent and keep shooting man!

BTW, when would be a good time to see the Aurora Borealis?

Thanks Splutter, w.s and Picard for the comments. :)

A good time to see the Aurora Borealis will be winter. To narrow down, you must be somewhere isolated from city lights and cloud-free sky. Above all, luck is very very important.

by the way w.s, i've decided to insert more pictures into my album. Some of them are pictures of locals - one of the very few i took during my trip.

great photos ,

must start saving so as to take a trip to see this world.

Thanks for your compliments, Chiang.

If you happen to be 26 and younger, be expected to get lots of offer in Europe. Some are even FOC. It's not uncommon to have up to 50% discount too! :)

Wow! Really nice, thanx for sharing. Makes me wanna go home!!!
Being a nubi, it's really a great learning experience to study the photos.
cheerios / joel

joelg said:
Wow! Really nice, thanx for sharing. Makes me wanna go home!!!
Being a nubi, it's really a great learning experience to study the photos.
cheerios / joel

Thank you joelg, for your compliments and dedicated your first post to me. ;p

Where did you come from?

That's a wonderful series, very inspirational..thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

Thanks Sjourn for your compliments, glad they're of inspiration to you ;)

wow :thumbsup:
thanks for sharing the pictures, the equipment that you use.
interesting view from hosea too.

behyx said:
Thank you joelg, for your compliments and dedicated your first post to me. ;p

Where did you come from?

I am from Sweden, from the small (Not so small for being in Sweden) city of Eskilstuna about 100 km to the west of Stockholm. Seeing your pics reminds me of the fact that I haven't really travelled much in Scandinavia. I have overlooked my own backyard when it comes to travelling. Got inspired by your work and will try to not do the same mistake again. I should not overlook Singapore, just because it happens to be my backyard at the moment. Will go out on a photo venture in Singapore and capture "my" Singapore on pics.
Have read some comments about the lack of people in your pics. I agree that it would be nice with some pics with human elements. I had the same experience from a recent trip to Cambodia. I had mostly temples, more temples and then some more temples on my pics.....would have been more interesting with some people pics to mix it with. Anyway, love your work. Keep it coming ; )
cheerios / joel

behyx said:
...* I'm going to compile all these into a square coffee table book, that explains the black borders.

(pg 1 - 2)

Hi,

May I know are you going to print it from the printer and bind it, or is there a soecial shop to do this?

TIA

joelg, do shoot more and we'll be waiting to see Singapore from a Swedish's perspective ;)

sigg, I went to a photo lab and print all my photos (in various sizes ranging from 5x7 to 8x12), and i paste all of them in an album from bookbinderdesign. Well i'm still experimenting with coffee table book stuffs, and after showing it to some people, they suggest i should laminate the photos to make them last longer.
However i'm sure there are some shops that do the printing + binding, all-in-one service.

Simply lovely!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Makes me want to hop onto a plane right now!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

behyx said:
sigg, I went to a photo lab and print all my photos (in various sizes ranging from 5x7 to 8x12), and i paste all of them in an album from bookbinderdesign. Well i'm still experimenting with coffee table book stuffs, and after showing it to some people, they suggest i should laminate the photos to make them last longer.
However i'm sure there are some shops that do the printing + binding, all-in-one service.

Thanks for the info. I feel it would be nicer and printed as if its like a real book :) , you know what i mean.

Good luck with the book. Anyway, I have been to gotland before many yrs back, bring back the memories when i was stranded to head back to get to the speedboat since public transport is very rare there.

Status
Not open for further replies.