noob's wedding shoot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonlou

Mar 24, 2004
SG
hi people!!!

need as many advice as possible for this. :D

i've been shooting for 2 years + le... but note this. shot only with my f420 pro-consumer digital camera and handled a couple of nikon SLRs from my school. still saving up for my own DSLR kit...(eating bread everyday... :cry: )

my cousin's wedding's coming up in mid-december and will be shooting for her on that day. i've experienced shooting for her @ her ROM and it turned out quite well i would say... except for a few equipment handicap due to a budget problem.... no tripod, batteries werent exactly enuff to last for the few hours and memory(XD) not enuff...

soo now ah, can u guys advice me on wat brand and capacity of rechargeble batteries(including charger..) should i invest on for my f420 to last me thru the entire day for her wedding? im currently using GP 700 lar... confirm not enuff for that day one...

as for the tripod, any suggestions for anything between 20-35 bucks? saw a few at carrefour but im not exactly sure about their stability lar....

as for the xd cards, think i will bring my laptop along to load the pictures in as we go along lar... nevertheless, any suggestions?

ABSOLUTELY any tips, advice, comments, input for a wedding shoot, PLEASE!!! bombard me hor!!! will be needing it from all u guys! :bsmilie:

thanks alot!

buy spare batts??? spare cards ???

care four tripod shoud be able to hold ya camera's weight...the silver one (firstline brand)...not the black one

for wedding a tripod is not really recommended....coz u dun have much mobility with tt...

- Sanyo 2500s are in at Eastgear, get those. GP's batteries are always over-rated in mAH.

- Charger can consider the Maha 401FS.

- Forgo the tripod, you won't be needing it. The event won't stay still for you to shoot as well.

- Understand the shutter/focusing lag of your camera, it'll help when you need to pre-empt the moment shots you want.

- Use an external storage drive to back up the images instead of laptop, you'll be running to and fro laptop's too heavy.

Since you're shooting for your cousin, am pretty sure they'll be willing to subsidize all the equipment you need ;)

Can I tag along as your PA? :D

Witness said:
buy spare batts??? spare cards ???

care four tripod shoud be able to hold ya camera's weight...the silver one (firstline brand)...not the black one

for wedding a tripod is not really recommended....coz u dun have much mobility with tt...

hmmm... the batt think will get those espn suggested lor.... as for the cards still contemplating leh... lolx...

espn said:
- Sanyo 2500s are in at Eastgear, get those. GP's batteries are always over-rated in mAH.

- Charger can consider the Maha 401FS.

- Forgo the tripod, you won't be needing it. The event won't stay still for you to shoot as well.

- Understand the shutter/focusing lag of your camera, it'll help when you need to pre-empt the moment shots you want.

- Use an external storage drive to back up the images instead of laptop, you'll be running to and fro laptop's too heavy.

Since you're shooting for your cousin, am pretty sure they'll be willing to subsidize all the equipment you need ;)

Can I tag along as your PA? :D

sanyo 2500s ah... how long can they last? like, how much can i shoot with 1 pair of those in AAAs?

about the tripod hor... i scared leh... maybe for some scenes might need it leh... (eg. the tea ceremony leh?)

hmmm... shutter speed and focusing lag... will study on that....
:bsmilie:

external storage devices? like wad leh? im using xd cards leh....

SUBSIDY.... heheheheheheheh.... " eh wei lai biao jie fu.... u noe about ur wedding shoot right, i think i'll probably need about a budget of $10K ah.... ermm.... 10D... SLIK tripod.... pls the lens at all... aiyah.... max $30K only lar... just a fraction of ur entire wedding budget right??" :sweatsm:

as for the PA request.... ARE U CRAZY!? I'M JUST A AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHER SHOOTING MY VIRGIN FULL SCALE WEDDING LEH.... LOLX!!! i think i should invite u come be the photographer i be ur PA ah!!!! LOLX! :bsmilie:

Sanyo 2500mah batts are AA. The highest mAh rating for AAA is 900. (Also by sanyo and in stock at eastgear)

External storage devices like the nixvue vista or nikon coolwalker. Portable HDDs with XD card readers.

jonlou said:
sanyo 2500s ah... how long can they last? like, how much can i shoot with 1 pair of those in AAAs?

about the tripod hor... i scared leh... maybe for some scenes might need it leh... (eg. the tea ceremony leh?)

hmmm... shutter speed and focusing lag... will study on that....
:bsmilie:

external storage devices? like wad leh? im using xd cards leh....

SUBSIDY.... heheheheheheheh.... " eh wei lai biao jie fu.... u noe about ur wedding shoot right, i think i'll probably need about a budget of $10K ah.... ermm.... 10D... SLIK tripod.... pls the lens at all... aiyah.... max $30K only lar... just a fraction of ur entire wedding budget right??" :sweatsm:

as for the PA request.... ARE U CRAZY!? I'M JUST A AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHER SHOOTING MY VIRGIN FULL SCALE WEDDING LEH.... LOLX!!! i think i should invite u come be the photographer i be ur PA ah!!!! LOLX! :bsmilie:

AAAs is 800 mAH only, AA is 2500 mAH. Just to be on the safe side, use disposables. Save on charging and headaches.

You'll definitely need mobility during tea ceremony, and it's fast moving, you need flash, tripod is totally useless IYAM.

Consider renting a X-DRIVE or some portable storage, it's more convenient than laptop, you'll need at least 2 cards though, so you can swap and copy at the same time.

The wedding dinner would be around $20-40K, what's a few hundreds to solve your headache? Heehee.

Invite me to be the photographer? Can can... I charge cheap cheap :D

There's 900mah. Picked up 2 today. Retailing at eastgear at 2 for $8

ooooo.... okok!

tok about renting... are there DSLRs for rent commercially? i think it'll be pretty awesome if that exists....

plus where to rent the drive? :think:

Stoned said:
There's 900mah. Picked up 2 today. Retailing at eastgear at 2 for $8

rechargeable not? dun think soo right....?

For portable storage device, you might wanna consider this.

CompactDrive PD7X
- Uses 4 pcs AA size battery
- Supports 8 major types of memory cards including xD
- FASTEST portable storage device in the world. 4~5MB/s card to device
- LONGEST battery life. One set of Sanyo 2500mAh can copy up to 35GB!

For more info, visit:

www.compactdrive.com

Del_CtrlnoAlt :kok:

I be your PA, you be jonlou's PA :D

how come nobody mention about the flash ah ??? :dunno:

poohbear said:
how come nobody mention about the flash ah ??? :dunno:

I think jonlou is planning to use f420....

you have flash tips to offer? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.