Non Wide Wacom Tablet with Wide Screen LCD Displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visuals

Sep 7, 2006
Hi all

Is there a need to re-purchase a wide format Wacom Tablet when we change to a Wide Format LCD display? Will a normal NON-wide wacom tablet map properly to a WIDE format LCD screen?

My main concerns are whether will it be accurate enough for making selections, retouching and anything which requires a fair amount of accuracy within Photoshop.

Likewise, will a wide format tablet work accurately on a standard non wide display?

Kindly share your insights and experiences. THANK you.

Hi all

Is there a need to re-purchase a wide format Wacom Tablet when we change to a Wide Format LCD display? Will a normal NON-wide wacom tablet map properly to a WIDE format LCD screen?

My main concerns are whether will it be accurate enough for making selections, retouching and anything which requires a fair amount of accuracy within Photoshop.

Likewise, will a wide format tablet work accurately on a standard non wide display?

Kindly share your insights and experiences. THANK you.

i use a apple acd 20" (wide screen) with a a6 wacom (non wide). using the wacom for retouching work.

no problems whatsoever, your brain will adjust for the slight difference.

The Zohan.

You can set the drawing area on the wacom to be widescreen, even though physically it's not.

Meaning, not 100% of the drawing surface area is used.

No prob with it in my usage :)

The Wacom Tablet Properties program allows you to remap your wacom tablet according to the screen so you can keep your aspect ratio intact. There'd be a part of your tablet unmapped though, like 16:9 movies getting letterboxed for 4:3 television viewing. :)

- or -

Just use it accordingly like the other members do... Though it can be problematic if you want to switch to working on paper medium... you may find yourself readjusting... :sweat:

The Wacom Tablet Properties program allows you to remap your wacom tablet according to the screen so you can keep your aspect ratio intact. There'd be a part of your tablet unmapped though, like 16:9 movies getting letterboxed for 4:3 television viewing. :)

- or -

Just use it accordingly like the other members do... Though it can be problematic if you want to switch to working on paper medium... you may find yourself readjusting... :sweat:

1. Do you mean that my tablet will be sort of 'masked off' with a 6" x 11" invisible mask on a A4 non-wide tablet? That would mean either the upper or lower portion of the tablet becomes inactive after the virtual masking. (pls correct me if I interpreted wrongly)

2. what do you mean by working with paper medium? are you referring to tracing an artwork using the transparent overlay sheet?

Thanks.

no worries, im using a wacom tablet and a 22 in. samsung lcd widescreen and it works great. no irritations what so ever as long as you are convienient in using pen instead of a mouse. install first the driver (latest) of wacom before using it coz im sure youll have a problem using it.

no worries, im using a wacom tablet and a 22 in. samsung lcd widescreen and it works great. no irritations what so ever as long as you are convienient in using pen instead of a mouse. install first the driver (latest) of wacom before using it coz im sure youll have a problem using it.

Hi Trektech, which tablet size are you using with your 22 inch samsung - A5 or A4?
I honestly feel that A4 is a little to big for me.

Im using the A5 size. you can use the wacom bamboo fun, its small and looks nice :):) i think it has A6 and A5 size and it fits into your widescreen format lcd. my bought a month ago. just dont know the price. just check there website for info.

Status
Not open for further replies.