Noise when ISO is Auto..

Status
Not open for further replies.

substance

Dec 4, 2007
hmm was trying to take a photo for my daughter but found out theres noise when i send to my notebook... is there something that i miss out? was using the kit lens and at Potrait mode.. thx for any advice and guildance..

hmm was trying to take a photo for my daughter but found out theres noise when i send to my notebook... is there something that i miss out? was using the kit lens and at Potrait mode.. thx for any advice and guildance..

Auto ISO means that its up to the camera to put the ISO value - that means at dark area the camera will usually jack the ISO to the highest if there's no flash..if u want less noise,select manual control for ISO and brighten the light source

Sounds to me like you have let your camera take over all setting when you set it to portrait mode thus if the auto program feel it needs to bump up your sensitivity setting ( ISO ) in order for you to shot the shot with enough light exporsure then it might be why you see noise in your shot.

If you can extract the shooting data from your photo shot you can see what ISO setting your camera choose for you. If you see it in the 400 to maybe 16000...well that is a clear sign your ISO was bumped up.

If you do not know it by now, the higher the ISO setting ( 200 - 300 - 400- 600-1000-1600-3200 eg) the more noise ( or some call it grain) you will encounter.

Try to shoot the same shot but on manual...meaning you go all the setting yourself. From setting the ISO to setting the shutter speed to aperture.

You also forgot to tell people what camera you use...it is hard for anyone to tell you what really happen when you don't give enough information

sorry bro.. im using the Alpha 100... with the 18-70 lens.. will go try more.. thanks a lot.. when i retrieve the info, the shutter is 1/15, f 5.6 brightness 2 and iso 400...

please read up on photographic basics.

when iso is auto, maybe camera set to high iso, which means there will be noise.

I learn to work with Noise to my interest.
go b&w...
more better

sorry bro.. im using the Alpha 100... with the 18-70 lens.. will go try more.. thanks a lot.. when i retrieve the info, the shutter is 1/15, f 5.6 brightness 2 and iso 400...

At ISO400 and your shutter speed is only 1/15s, it means that the scene is very dark... you probably need a flash... the shadow areas will definitely show some noise for the A100, but u see it only onscreen at 100%... prints won't show the noise anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.