No wireless flash with Manual lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epileatheral

Dec 4, 2008
Hi guys,
I notice that I can't do Wireless flash when I'm using Manual lens. Is there anyway to bypass this?

Errr... I don't really know how to answer you. But.. when we set our flash mode, there's several mode there, including the "W" mode, which is used to trigger a
remote flash. I realize that when I put in a manual lens, the "W" mode is unselectable.

Err.. a Chinon f1.7 50mm.

i think the pop-up flash only does full-power with manual lenses (without aperture contacts) so i guess that's an indication that all these PTTL mumbojumbo won't work with these lenses. one work around would be using china radio triggers with the flash in manual mode.

Yeah.. I guess so too..

u still can use it, but everything manual... u have to set ur off camera flash to slave SL 2 for optical trigger, set the output power manually.... use ur camera pop up flash(shield away from the subject) to trigger it off...

u still can use it, but everything manual... u have to set ur off camera flash to slave SL 2 for optical trigger, set the output power manually.... use ur camera pop up flash(shield away from the subject) to trigger it off...

hmmm sounds like it would work. since the camera pop-up doesn't fire a pre-flash with a M lens you can use it to trigger the optical slave.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.