No warranty for Canon Battery Grips ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d12go4

Aug 23, 2004
Hi all

Just got myself a BG-E4 Battery Grip from AP, for use with my 5D.

Was told by the Salesman that there is no Warranty for the Grip. Is this correct ? :dunno:

Seemed strange having to pay almost $400.00 for something with no warranty :sweat:

Cheers

MANoj

You should try it at the shop to make sure everything is fine before making the purchase. However, if you experiece probs later, you can send your faulty grip to Canon Service Centre at Harbour Front. Just mention to them that you have probs with the grip when using it together with your dslr. If your dslr is under warranty, they will repair at no cost.

BTW, if its a manufacturing prob, they will repair it for free. The grip is just a metal structure with electrical contacts. Really nothing to be worried about unless you're rough with your equipment. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply

As I didn't have my 5D with me when I bought the Grip, the Salesman did tell me to test the grip when I got the chance and to bring it back to AP for replacement on Monday if there was a problem.

So I guess it' sno biggie ;)

MANoj

hazmee said:
You should try it at the shop to make sure everything is fine before making the purchase. However, if you experiece probs later, you can send your faulty grip to Canon Service Centre at Harbour Front. Just mention to them that you have probs with the grip when using it together with your dslr. If your dslr is under warranty, they will repair at no cost.

BTW, if its a manufacturing prob, they will repair it for free. The grip is just a metal structure with electrical contacts. Really nothing to be worried about unless you're rough with your equipment. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Hoky said:
BH photovideo has 1 year warranty...[/QUOTE

BH Photovideos is a camera shop or..........

If it is, where is the shop located?

d12go4 said:
Hi all

Just got myself a BG-E4 Battery Grip from AP, for use with my 5D.

Was told by the Salesman that there is no Warranty for the Grip. Is this correct ? :dunno:

Seemed strange having to pay almost $400.00 for something with no warranty :sweat:

Cheers

MANoj

I was told by the customer service that for accessories, Canon will warranty for 3 months.

Ong_23 said:
Hoky said:
BH photovideo has 1 year warranty...[/QUOTE

BH Photovideos is a camera shop or..........

If it is, where is the shop located?

They're an online retailer based in the US. I believe they have a shop somewhere in NY. Haha I can almost see yr jaw dropping... nope they're not at peninsular.

Status
Not open for further replies.