no time for photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time is what you make out of it. Even mudane everyday life things can be photographed in interesting manners if you put some effort into it. That's what photography is about.

i still buy buy buy.. and seldom use...

i try to shoot, but no companion... esp last sunday... bring gear liao, late, then ppl gone, then i go home...
Wa, I always prefer shooting alone leh. Can find your inner zen. The last time I went shooting I brought a friend who wanted to tag along, feel very sorry for her because I just ignore, ignore, ignore. In the end she went to wander off by herself. :bsmilie:

i share the same sentiment as thread-starter.

After each day's work, you reach home around 7 plus,8plus...you would be too tired to go out again with camera to take photos. Even as i promised myself weekends, always tend to be bogged down by other commitments more urgent...will never go out and shoot in peace.
:bsmilie:

i agreed on that , my camera and lens , flash have been seriously underuse:dunno:

Your "urgent commitments" are girlfriends?

:bsmilie:

Singular term. Girlfriend. Haaa...no plural. Other than relationship commitments, there's still alot of things, as you get older, lots more worries and burdens, i worry by the time im married have kids, i be more worried bout home bills, grocery expenses, salary not enough then i won't even think of photography. That would be a sad state to end up. :sweatsm:

I just waiting and dreaming of the day can retire at 40 and travel the world. :)

I got 10 years more to go before i hit your dream age of travelling at 40. :sweatsm:

Time is what you make out of it. Even mudane everyday life things can be photographed in interesting manners if you put some effort into it. That's what photography is about.

As mentioned, sometimes it's easier said than done...u get distracted by little things in life, you overlooked the fact of good photo opportunities. Furthermore more and more places anal about photography, all the "No Photography" signs...risk of getting into trouble with authorities...and etc etc reasons. I carry a consumer digital camera S30 with me where ever i go....its been in my waistpouch/bag for at least a week now. :bheart:

As mentioned, sometimes it's easier said than done...u get distracted by little things in life, you overlooked the fact of good photo opportunities. Furthermore more and more places anal about photography, all the "No Photography" signs...risk of getting into trouble with authorities...and etc etc reasons. I carry a consumer digital camera S30 with me where ever i go....its been in my waistpouch/bag for at least a week now.

Maybe I'm just being a bit harsh but it seems like excuses to me. Places which have no photography signs are usually indoor areas like shopping centers. I have to work hectic 12 hour schedules very often and only end up having only 1-2 days to take a break, but I always find time to take photos, plus I have a significant other as well. I don't always fancy going to somewhere far from home, maybe a night shoot in a nearby park to see anything interesting is fun if you try.

As for getting into trouble with authorities, where are you taking your photos? I believe I have not gotten into any problems when shooting in public areas as to date. If you are having so much trouble with security guards and such, maybe you should try photographing elsewhere?

Maybe I'm just being a bit harsh but it seems like excuses to me. Places which have no photography signs are usually indoor areas like shopping centers. I have to work hectic 12 hour schedules very often and only end up having only 1-2 days to take a break, but I always find time to take photos, plus I have a significant other as well. I don't always fancy going to somewhere far from home, maybe a night shoot in a nearby park to see anything interesting is fun if you try.

As for getting into trouble with authorities, where are you taking your photos? I believe I have not gotten into any problems when shooting in public areas as to date. If you are having so much trouble with security guards and such, maybe you should try photographing elsewhere?
5 day work week already, sure got time la. Maybe not everyone have 5 day, but 6 day, still have one free day for photog. I agree with you, it's the same old excuse that's so commonly used for relationships some times - I don't have time for this, I don't have time for that - the real reason is that

I DON'T HOLD THIS AS A PRIORITY SO I WILL NOT SPEND MUCH TIME ON IT, PREFER TO DO OTHER THINGS.

It's all about priorities and choices, if you love it enough, you will find the time. Sometimes I feel very lazy and feel like not going out and staying at home, but the rush and joy I get when just squatting around my tripod is quite addictive. =D

It's all about priorities and choices, if you love it enough, you will find the time.

That's very true, different people, different priorities.

Very rich people might think photography is a waste of time, rather indulge in jet-setting lifestyle.
Very poor people might think photography is a waste of time, rather be doing something which earns money to help them survive.

No doubt, some of us have a tough time, some of us don't. Lighten up! Sorry im a little sombre, but hey..this is Kopitiam! Banter banter! :bsmilie:

0.o

But the truth is, very poor people will probably not have a chance to enjoy photography in the first place, because no money. Hehe.

5 day work week already, sure got time la. Maybe not everyone have 5 day, but 6 day, still have one free day for photog. I agree with you, it's the same old excuse that's so commonly used for relationships some times - I don't have time for this, I don't have time for that - the real reason is that

I DON'T HOLD THIS AS A PRIORITY SO I WILL NOT SPEND MUCH TIME ON IT, PREFER TO DO OTHER THINGS.

It's all about priorities and choices, if you love it enough, you will find the time. Sometimes I feel very lazy and feel like not going out and staying at home, but the rush and joy I get when just squatting around my tripod is quite addictive. =D

I can only can wish mine was a proper 5 day working week...:bheart: For me it's been a hobby ever since I was a kid. Been taking photos for the past 12 years of my life, still enjoying it.

i too face the same problem... currently i am doin my NS.. a stay in personal...only left with weekend to touch my GRD.. sumtime i had to help out at my parent stall during weekends morning... so left with nite time to do sum nite shoots....

Make sure your wife is not at home. :bsmilie:

lucky your wife never surf CS, see oreddy.....sure faint!! :bsmilie: :confused:

Do you feel fed up with you job when you have to OT so often that no time to touch camera?
After work is eating and sleeping, even weekend.
I haven't touch my cam for few weeks :cry:
Feel like quiting job (haha, i know i can't ;p )
:cry: :cry:

Me too. For me going back on the dot is almost impossible. It's OT Mondays to Fridays and quite often I am in the office before the official working hours. Always say this weekend must go and take some photos but when the weekend reaches, just feel so tired. And worse, there's still housework to do. I bought an IR filter 3 months ago but until now I have not even use it once. :cry: I guessed the only thing I should be grateful of is that I am on a 5 day week.

Status
Not open for further replies.