No-show of fellow CS buyer 'urahman'

Status
Not open for further replies.
i sugguest u tell the moderatars to set up a thread to blacklist such nicks (incl. their mobile)

yes, they can re-register but at least we have some start

a. How can u ask for a refund and to return the camera you bought aproximately 12 hours later after you have made cosmetic changes to it?
b. Once the point of sale was made, the seller has already committed to purchase another camera elsewhere. How do you ask him to refund the money to you?
c. As far as the seller was concerned, you had the right not to buy the item on the spot. But you did.
d. You claim that we have no integrity - let me pose you these questions: how are we to know that once you bought the camera and played with it at home, you decided its not to your liking and you want a refund? or that you found a better deal online where you can get the camera cheaper?

One last note, we did not want to pursue the matter further but you just have to post online here on CS. And finally, the camera was sold to you at a really bargain price. It was bought at $1600 and sold to you at $450. Everyone here is looking for a 'good' deal. There are always pros and cons, risks involved when you look for a 'good' deal. Please keep that in mind.

No worries mate. You've just identified yourself... i didn't even quote anybody in my post.

No worries mate. You've just identified yourself... i didn't even quote anybody in my post.

maybe you could have do more background check 1st like asking for the pics of the cam body before actually going down for the deal.
but 450 is quite a steal, in the b&s market rate, is quite close to the selling price of a compact.
the only cam bodies quite close to this 2nd hand price is perhaps 300d/350d.
if you're not really comfortable then maybe should opt for 1st hand item instead.
sometimes what you pay is what you get, is the same logic when buying all kinds of electronics stuff.
when it comes to 2nd hand electronics stuff, never put too much expectations in it even though you think you paying a high price for it, thats what i learned from shopping in the b&s threads.
of cos if you're really not that happy with it, you can always sell it away in vrzone or hardwarezone but surely at a loss if you're desperate to sell it, is not like you got no way out.

It's not an issue about identification. It's about clarification. You seem to think that you are in the right and that we are in the wrong. You seem to think that we are trying to mislead you into buying something which was not what was advertised. We strongly disagree with you on that.

To add to Simon_84 post, it was not just the body of the camera dat was sold to him, it was the body plus the kit lens and a 1GB CF card. It is 'quite a steal' as you put it. Hence I am surprised that we are still getting negative feedback and complaints from the buyer, to the extent that he has to vent his dissatisfaction online.

I understand the risk involved and i'll definitely be careful next time. As for mao, i do not wish to leave the country on a bad note. Thanks for the deal anyway and would appreciate if you could describe any items for sale more accurately and in detail next time. Cheers and Peace

What sort of weird screen protector you using? Scotch tape?

All the screen protectors I've used to date, from S$2 to S$20, do not leave any residue on screen.

Also you speakin terms of "we" - who do you represent?

Just to clarify 'Sadwitch' misleading post on what transpired:
1. At no time was he 'forced' or 'obliged' to purchase the camera.
2. The camera was listed as condition '9' as it was, to our knowledge, in good condition, no scratches, dings, as good as new. The camera was hardly used, kept in dry box 90% of the time, shutter count was less than 5000.
3. The LCD was protected by a good quality LCD screen protector which was bought from Cathay Photo. As per normal wear and tear, the edges of the LCD screen protector were peeling off, but the screen was still clear and not 'marred' as he described.
4. Actually, to clarify, what does he define as 'marred'? scratched? The LCD screen is definitely not scratched when it was handed to him to test.
5. When one removes the LCD screen protector, it is inevitable that there will be a sticky residue left on it - which I assume was what he did when he reached home. We will not venture as to how he removed the LCD screen protector - but if he says that when he tried to remove it, the LCD screen was 'marred', then it begs the questions: wat did he use to remove the LCD screen protector? Did he use a lint free cloth or a piece of abrasive tissue paper? what liquid did he use? did he gently wipe it off? or was he too enthusiatic about it?
6. There are also several factors involved:

Dear vince123123 ... 'we' bcos there were 2 of us. I was helping my friend to sell his camera. There is no representation there.

As for the 'weird' screen protector, we did not, as you so brilliantly suggested, used scotch tape. Nor did we apply superglue onto the LCD screen protector before applying it on the LCD screen. It was a normal LCD screen protector bought from Cathay Photo - one of those 'Made in Japan' types. I am not sure if there will be any residue left on the LCD screen when one takes it off ... perhaps there may be sticky residue, perhaps not. We are not suggesting that there is ... or there isn't.

Anyway, we are sorry that Sadwitch feels the way he does. As for future postings of items for sale, one can only describe in words, to a certain extent, the condition of any item for sale. It's all pretty subjective. The best judge is when u see the product yourself.

Sorry to hear about all these stories of people without integrity...
I also happen to deal with a CS member recently without integrity. Purchased an E330 from him which he claims a condition 9 but when i meet up i discovered the LCD screen was marred by the sticky screen protector. I was already quite dissappointed but to honour my word i still transacted with him in the hope of removing the stains myself. But after removing the super tough stains i realise the screen coating beneath has already wore off and it's leaving bad marks on it. I call him to discuss is there a possibility of returning the item to him since a condition like this doesn't warrant a 9 but he just brush me off suggesting i'm using corrosive liquid to clean. (what an insult)

Very dissapointed that these dishonest people exist in the Buy/Sell forums and hopefully karma will get time big time :p. I know i can't do much and have to live with it.

Rant over...

Buay tahan. No one forced you to buy it, and you made the decision to buy it, and then you complain. You have no sympathy from me.

Hmm, not sure? I guess your earlier statement is now withdrawn then.

"5. When one removes the LCD screen protector, it is inevitable that there will be a sticky residue left on it - which I assume was what he did when he reached home. "

I am not sure if there will be any residue left on the LCD screen when one takes it off ... perhaps there may be sticky residue, perhaps not. We are not suggesting that there is ... or there isn't.

Hmmm ... Vince, all that time in the harsh lights of your photo studio fried your brain cells? Just becos u dont experience sticky residue when u remove your LCD protector doesn't mean others don't encounter it. What we are saying is that usually you do have some sticky residue, while sometimes you don't. :)
Is your field of vision so telezoomed that you can't accept that other do encounter it sometimes? Please start using wide angle lens ... perhaps your field of vision will be wider? better still, get a fish eye lens ;-)

hello aunties

this kopitiam forum,

no warfront leh!

peece to all

Hmmm ... Vince, all that time in the harsh lights of your photo studio fried your brain cells? Just becos u dont experience sticky residue when u remove your LCD protector doesn't mean others don't encounter it. What we are saying is that usually you do have some sticky residue, while sometimes you don't. :)
Is your field of vision so telezoomed that you can't accept that other do encounter it sometimes? Please start using wide angle lens ... perhaps your field of vision will be wider? better still, get a fish eye lens ;-)

Maomao, just admit you made a mistake with that statement. It is pretty obvious what was meant. Admitting that mistake doesn't detract from the other statements you made.

Personally, what is obvious to you may not be obvious to others. It is all a matter of perception ... like photography. Who is one to judge if its a mistake or if its not?

Hehe, this statement says it all :)

Maomao, just admit you made a mistake with that statement. It is pretty obvious what was meant. Admitting that mistake doesn't detract from the other statements you made.

Yea, probably your perception is different from the rest of us. In that case, I totally understand.

I read based on the clear words that were typed by you, not any perception based on my own subjectivity. Since you chose to read your typed words in a manner and meaning inconsistent with what they actually say on the post you made, then that is your prerogative.

Personally, what is obvious to you may not be obvious to others. It is all a matter of perception ... like photography. Who is one to judge if its a mistake or if its not?

Status
Not open for further replies.