NO PHOTOGRAPHY - Wheelock Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heheh this issue of taking photos of building in public again :) :) Debate rages on!

think the best way to take photos....just take it discreetly...
keep that tripod, lightmeter or reflector at home....you are not in a studio....it's street photography...shoot fast and go. Nobody can stop you. lol

You kena-ed b4?

And don't ever take photos at bus interchanges and MRT stations. You will be sent to the security office for terrorist check.

:think: Abit hard for those ah beng looking Csers.

If they try to do tat, they still look like Ah Beng pretending to look like tourist.

Worse :confused:

Just dye your hair blonde lor :bsmilie:

You kena-ed b4?

Yes, I was just waiting for bus at Tampines interchange some time ago, and so while waiting, I took out the camera to shoot the people and buses at the interchange.

Nothing much happened as I was a tourist during that time as I showed the security officer with the passport. Have to show them the photos I took as well. I wonder what will happen if I do it again today. :sweat:

You know those newspaper PGs who take photos of those people outside the Sub Courts ? Those "subjects" all use umbrella and newspaper to cover their face one, how come they don't sign the model release but their photos still can appear in newspaper ?
I think I read somewhere that the police allow you to take photographs in a public place as long as you don't do illegal things like outrage ladies' modesty or stuff like that.

that one considered photography for editorial purposes, i think the rules are different.

actually photography is also not allowed in the esplanade. however the security is quite ok so long as you explain the purpose of taking the pics. they added that we need permission from the management for taking pics of commercial value.

I don't think there's any difference in rules.

that one considered photography for editorial purposes, i think the rules are different.

I doubt is the 'OWNERs' of the building that give that instruction.. the management did or should i call those "DOGs" or "WAYANG" batch of management shittie ppls are doing all this donkey business.. WTF..

Guess i shall get my book somewhere else.. damn those management dogs..;(

The way to do is to let the shops/businesses in Wheelock Place know the reason why you are no longer doing business with them. That the hostile security guards/building management is driving businesses away, you will see how fast things will change.

agreed with what you guys say on the double standard in singapore, went to a shop and wanted to buy something, but once an ang moh comes in then he just ignore me and went to entertain him. Even thou we're buying the same thing, $30, but his S$30 dollars seem to look like $30 pounds to them. :bsmilie:

Guys,

Any similar encounters????

Yup.
Bedok Sports Stadium and yes they do have a notice tat says foto cannot.
The thing tat really piss me off is tat it's in the afternoon and no one in it.
no foto! Strange aint it. :what:

i just kana fr e security last week....for taking e interior lightings.... haha...i just said "sorry" ,smiled and moved on....

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.