No photography onboard SIA aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've a set of triples age 10 this year and on both my filghts with SQ they have been very nice to my family, extra ice-cream for my kids, always checking if we need anything else, helping us to take family photo and posing for photos with my kids.
As a matter of fact all my extended family(except me) always & will continue to take SQ due to the merit points mentioned by you, which is a fact, that the service is EXCELLENT:thumbsup::thumbsup: as compared to QnLd Air & NT Aerial Service or many other airlines using 'lau jabo' or uncles but occassionally there are cases of unreasonable passenger expecting/asking for too much and the Attendance do lose their cool and show you the black face;(, which IMHO should not be condoned:devil: for

Last edited:
Well you are probably one of the 'guai guai' Sgp'n as are most majority so good on you mate:thumbsup:

Of course 'guai guai' :bsmilie:... if not, 'torture' the air steward/stewardess meh?:bsmilie:

Of course 'guai guai' :bsmilie:... if not, 'torture' the air steward/stewardess meh?:bsmilie:
Ha ha ha, well there was a case last Nov during my parents flight from Melb, there was a couple who keep buzzing the air steward/stewardess thru-out the whole flight demanding for this drink that drink(alcohol) and I think the attendant gave him some colors to see and walked away & ignored him until the senior came & the passenger retorted, "I'm flying an SQ, why do you think I'm sitting in this SQ, for the SERVICE! Now go get me the drink".:eek:

Last edited:
Seriously, if I am taking SQ, it would be for the safety records, the age of the planes, the maintenance standards of the planes and more importantly to be able to be greeted by familiar Singapore faces and accent. And not to get that extra Singapore sling, oggle at the arses of the stewardess when they are bending over serving you drinks, or for the ability to do whatever I want cos I am a Singaporean flying on SQ. Maybe I am a no fuss passenger, as long as I get my food and drinks served, inflight entertainment. Leave me alone. That's good enough.

Ha ha ha, well there was a case last Nov during my parents flight from Melb, there was a couple who keep buzzing the air steward/stewardess thru-out the whole flight demanding for this drink that drink(alcohol) and I think the attendant gave him some colors to see and walked away & ignored him until the senior came & the passenger retorted, "I'm flying an SQ, why do you think I'm sitting in this SQ, for the SERVICE! Now go get me the drink".:eek:

You won't believe how rude some passengers are.... so guys even demand the stewardess (note: girls) to help them load and unload their heavy luggage up the overhead compartment, when they can jolly well do that themselves.

Most probably some Sgp'n are like that themselves that's why the treatment :
Newton's 3rd Law of motion - For every action there is an equal opposite reaction:bsmilie:

Anyway most is what I heard are from friends flying SQ but there is one friend who die die must fly SQ to everywhere cos very patriotic one:lovegrin:

I would love to fly SQ everywhere also, but I dont have enough SGD. :(

Seriously, if I am taking SQ, it would be for the safety records, the age of the planes, the maintenance standards of the planes and more importantly to be able to be greeted by familiar Singapore faces and accent. And not to get that extra Singapore sling, oggle at the arses of the stewardess when they are bending over serving you drinks, or for the ability to do whatever I want cos I am a Singaporean flying on SQ. Maybe I am a no fuss passenger, as long as I get my food and drinks served, inflight entertainment. Leave me alone. That's good enough.

not too sure about accent....most of th SQ flight i'm on so far have steward and stewardess with ang moh accent....:dunno:

singaporeairlinesflight.jpg

:bsmilie:

Original photo licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license.
Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license. said:

You are free:

• to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work

• to Remix — to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

• Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

Last edited:
maybe to us, but to the average person... what might seem a little more 'intrusive'

this:
41DJQ9dQG-L.jpg

or this:
a-nikon-af-s-70-200mm-lens.jpg

i was once at a biking competition, pulled out my 1d + 70-200 and the security screwed me over, eventhough the sign said "no proffesional photography" and im not proffesional.. haha meanwhile my friend sitting next to me whipped out his g9 and snapped away without an issue... strange how the world works :sweat:

this world is like that what... you take out smth so professional, ppl whom have no idea on photography will deem that as pro equipments, of course he dont allow you to take...

I think enough has been said. This section is fast becoming a kopitiam thread and going nowhere.

I do not know Lim Boon Hwee, personally, but LKY once told me, let's not waste time on this issue, just move forward :bsmilie:

Thread Closed.

Last edited:
Thanks to the Mod for opening the thread just for this reply from SIA to clear the air on SIA's official policy on photography onboard SIA's aircraft.

I attach their reply below just for info, and nothing else.

From the reply, I can now understand why SIA is an iconic brand with great service culture. They do take their service culture seriously.

Dear Mr [ ],

Thank you for your feedback of 14 March 2010.

We are extremely sorry to learn about the inappropriate service rendered by our cabin crew onboard flight SQ221 / 7 March 2010, Singapore to Sydney. In particular, we are concerned that our crew were apparently exhibiting differential practices, when both you and another passenger were taking photos onboard the aircraft. This is certainly not in line with the standard of service that we strive to achieve.

Informatively, we do not usually stop our passengers from taking photos onboard our aircraft. However, our crew are instructed to politely request our passengers to stop taking photos during situations such as photo-taking of onboard work stations (e.g. galley) or if the passenger is causing some disturbance to other passengers.

Hence, I am personally perturbed as to why our crew had asked for you to stop taking photos when you were actually not intruding on anyone. It is even more unacceptable that the crew who had approached you had actually appeared rude and did not even engage you politely. I can imagine the further upset caused when there was another passenger taking photos and yet was not stopped.

Mr [ ], I do want to assure you that we do not accept or tolerate differential practices, especially when it comes to our frontline service. We also will not hesitate to undertake disciplinary actions should such incidents be raised to our attention. You may wish to know that I have raised your feedback to the attention of Cabin Crew Management, for appropriate follow-up actions with the crew concerned. Specifically, the crew would be counselled on the demeanor and service skills. We will also ensure that our crew are well aware of our inflight photo-taking policy.

On a separate note, I have also requested for the above to be reiterated as a service point to note during our regular crew briefing and training sessions.

My apologies once again for the disappointment and upset experienced. We will undertake the necessary corrective actions and deliver the right level of service to our passengers.

Yours sincerely,

Carol Ong
Customer Affairs Manager

NB: Galley means the "kitchen area" of the aircraft.

Would you be willing to post your original feedback missive as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.