Apr 27, 2004
東京 Tokyo
logo.gif

Northern Lights Photography Club
Open Outing 03 - Ubin

ubin.jpg

Date: 19 Nov 2005 Saturday

Time: 0800 hours – 1500 hours

0800 meet at Punggol MRT station taxi/car pickup point (beside Punggol Bus Interchange)

Charges (for transportation provided from Punggol MRT to new Changi Jetty building)

NLPC member: $2/-

Public: $4/-

individual expenses:

$4 for boat rides and spare cash for food and drinks

Equipment to Bring:

Camera equipment (including tripod/monopod), sun and rain protection

Attire

Casual and easily ventilated (e.g. t-shirt and Bermudas) with proper footwear (sports sandals/tracking shoes)

i will be bringing along mosquito patches and sunblock for those who need.

Photo Opportunity

landscape and people (kampung)
macro

i will be sharing some limited knowledge on landscape composition :embrass:

places limited

1. eikin
2. reserved for NLPC member
3. reserved
4. reserved
5. mohgui
6. hyperFocal

registration closed, participants, see everyone tomorrow, small group means better opportunity for interaction and learning as well :)

Confirmed participants please email your CS nick, name and contact number to northernlights.photographyclub@gmail.com

thanks to ykia for providing transport :)

John Teoh said:
Hi eikin

Can meet you all at the Changi instead of going to Punggol?

Cheers
John

;p

hehe ... i thought this would happen

i don't think i can handle too big a group on that day as the main members are not around. for those who want to join in the fun but no need transport from Punggol MRT feel free to start a 'free and easy participants' list ;) but i won't monitor that one, if not it'll be too messy for me :)

Drats only book out on sat :(

2 main places i hope to cover in the short time by foot

- highest point on P.Ubin
- Kampung Melayu

mainly a tracking trip, unless everyone who turned up wants to cycle (that i wouldn't mind ;p )

Klose said:

NLPC will be having an internal photo sharing session on the following Sunday from 2pm. the session is followed by a short studio demonstration. We may decide to open the photo-sharing session to public since we open this outing for public participation, but the studio demonstration will be for members only.

Chairman, Vice Chairman, what do you two think? :)

philliptan said:
Aiya... like that I must send in my application before 27 Nov... :D... otherwise kena block by bouncer (<-- PB) :bsmilie:

just sign up at the CC :) then i can shift you from the club mailing list to the members list

Klose said:

Nick, after book out come lah... Got "Free and Easy" category now what... (but no Mr Photogenic ah)... Just pay your way and gimme a call when you reach the island lor. I'm sure we won't be too far away.

eikin said:
just sign up at the CC :) then i can shift you from the club mailing list to the members list

Ya, I just wish I have the time this week... My aircraft going off soon so we're rushing.

Maybe after the Ubin outing, I get YK or PB to drop me off there lor. If it's open on Sat evenings.

philliptan said:
Ya, I just wish I have the time this week... My aircraft going off soon so we're rushing.

Maybe after the Ubin outing, I get YK or PB to drop me off there lor. If it's open on Sat evenings.

of course it is open on saturday evening. thought your wify is involved in the CC as well? maybe get her to help you sign up lor :)

They don't work together leh... I think only the CO (constituency officer in charge of a few RCs) works with the CC.

Ok, ok, back to topic!! :D

philliptan said:
Nick, after book out come lah... Got "Free and Easy" category now what... (but no Mr Photogenic ah)... Just pay your way and gimme a call when you reach the island lor. I'm sure we won't be too far away.

It will be over after I book out. Heard we are getting late afternoon slot. ;(

thanks mohgui for your email :)

apologies for the limited places as i'll be the only exec member around on that day, so will like to keep the group manageable. :)

places limited

1. eikin
3. reserved for NLPC member
4. reserved
5. reserved
6. mohgui

do refer to post #1 for details :)

Hi Eikin

Sorry to inform you the last min.... I just received an email to attend the Canon Photomarathon Awards Day on this Saturday at 3.30pm as I was shortlisted in one of the category. I doubt I can join you guys on this outing...

Hope to join you guys soon :)

vincenthau said:
Hi Eikin

Sorry to inform you the last min.... I just received an email to attend the Canon Photomarathon Awards Day on this Saturday at 3.30pm as I was shortlisted in one of the category. I doubt I can join you guys on this outing...

Hope to join you guys soon :)

sure, no problem :)

places limited

1. eikin
3. reserved
4. reserved
5. mohgui

do refer to post #1 for details :)

places limited

1. eikin